Ratcliffe Era - will we see the any fruits? If so when?

ElCuddlos

We will win 3 titles in the near future when city are brought to justice.

moodyred

Although we don't really have much insights into how the club is being run, most of us know that it is in such a mess its not about bringing which player and even which manager into the club. I
The entire process of how this club is being run seems to be the root of the problem.

Hence, I am happy that INEOS has started getting involved do quickly to try to right the ship by bringing in a new CEO and one that has the relevant experience to manage a club of this level. It is the fact that they are trying to resolve the root of the problem, beginning from management, the speed and urgency at which is is done, and the "quality " of the candidate that gives me hope that we are going in the right direction.

Telsim

I'm still skeptical, and will remain so until changes actually start taking place and also begin to reflect on the state of the club. One too many false dawns for me, I guess. And I think the damage the Glazers have inflicted over the last decade is grievous, and they are still here, so it will probably take years even with the best of intentions.

I don't expect much anytime soon.

Herman Toothrot

He literally hasn't done anything yet except appoint a CEO who will very likely end up embroiled in the biggest scandal in the history of the PL in only a couple of months time, and who morally we should all absolutely definitely be entirely against the appintment of .

This forum is weird.
This take is weird.

wolvored

I hope by thesummer all the big appointments are done and that includes a new manager. Ratcliffe needs to sweep clean as much as we can. If we recruit right with the manager and players in and out, we could be top 4 in 1-2 seasons and regular challengers in 3. Klopp and Arteta have managed it and surely within the next 3 seasons with all the changes so can us. It seems that football instead of commercial is at last the priority since Fergie.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
morally we should all absolutely definitely be entirely against the appintment of .
He doesn’t start until the summer and apparently the PL have set a date for the City hearing, so he may well be in the clear by the time he starts work. Its already been reported that he is not implicated too so I’m not sure why we should be against this vest in class appointment.

mctrials23

My fear is that the Glazers, who have the self awareness of a amoeba will get more involved in the club the minute we start showing any true signs of turning things around and they will feck it all up again.

Honestly its been so long since I felt we were on the right track and saw strong signs of it that I have no idea how long it will take or what that will look like.

Chumpsbechumps

My fear is that the Glazers, who have the self awareness of a amoeba will get more involved in the club the minute we start showing any true signs of turning things around and they will feck it all up again.

Honestly its been so long since I felt we were on the right track and saw strong signs of it that I have no idea how long it will take or what that will look like.
Id say Ratcliffe has that covered. You don’t spend 1.25 billion on a yacht and allow rats back onto it.

I get people are dubious but what we are gonna get at least is a change of how things have been done and that has to be welcomed. Woodward and the glazers have been a disaster, with Joel/Avram twits acting like they have a clue what they were doing. Clowns

Now we have a serious business man, who is making all the right noises and at least making changes that we haven’t seen under the thick yanks.

I can’t say we will win titles but I can see better. Better football , better signings; better value , better sales and quicker decisions. That’s a plus.

talking robot

i think 2 summer transfer windows and we can finish in the top 3. winning the league in 3-4 years is possible. it probably would require luck (in addition to skill) in the transfer market

MonkeysMagic

One can only hope! But the Glazers still have the power to absolutely derail whatever plans SJR/Ineos have so the key to that successful lies in Ratcliffe managing to oust them. Hiring to right coach/manager is also vitally important, as without Guardiola Abu Dhabi plans would not have worked out. I just don't see it in ETH, which is a shame as I was totally invested in him making us that team.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Well its a long game isn't it, most likely slow but incremental improvement.
First I want to see a smart and structured approach to senior leadership with best in class which with Barrada is a first major tick.
Next I want to see the DOF, sporting director appointments as best in class/top of the industry.

Near future Id like to see a smarter approach to transfers and manager appointments.

Longer term, improvement on the pitch, so I think maybe next season or halfway through I want to see the green shoots of a wider structure having dividends on the pitch, we are steady in top 5 or 4 as in you can almost guarantee thats where we will be about in terms of the season. In line with that I want to go into games with an air of "we should win this game" if its a Bournemouth or Brighton and be consistent with it, not just because we are United, but you know our way of playing and players means it should be a win, sort of like what Arsenal were like a couple of seasons ago.

In terms of trophies, league cup run first and FA cup next with top 4/5 finish. In the CL i wouldnt expect much, to clear the group for sure and show some sort of challenge in the latter stages as in well go to Madrid, lose but show a good account of ourselves and run them close and push from there.

Next premier league title? Id imagine the structure, the things in place now, five years if were lucky. I imagine it takes some time to build these things up. Maybe three but certainly not in the next couple of seasons.

LInkash

Only took 2 years for Abramovich to win a league title so hopefully not as long as people are thinking.

Statue of Limitations

Within 3 years I would expect. We don't want to turn into a Chelsea and find ourselves looking over our shoulder at the bottom half of the table.
I'd hope the ship is already being steadied, make solid progress next year, i.e. comfortable Top 4 then a proper challenge i.e. not 19 frickin points behind.

Denis79

He literally hasn't done anything yet except appoint a CEO who will very likely end up embroiled in the biggest scandal in the history of the PL in only a couple of months time, and who morally we should all absolutely definitely be entirely against the appintment of .

This forum is weird.
What scandal? What did I miss? I know about his tweets.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Only took 2 years for Abramovich to win a league title so hopefully not as long as people are thinking.
That was a completely different era, when football was far less structured and teams usually weren't built to suit certain identity and philosophy.

Big Andy

Bloke
It all depends on if the changes made in the running of the club filter down to pitch level.

If we've got strikers that can't score, midfielders who can't pass, defenders who can't defend and goalies who can't keep shots out then it will have little significance.

MDFC Manager

I don't think it's outlandish to expect early success (in 2-3 years). Things could especially align quickly if city are rightly and heavily punished.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't think it's outlandish to expect early success (in 2-3 years). Things could especially align quickly if city are rightly and heavily punished.
We'd still have to catch Liverpool and Arsenal.

We also need a complete reset on the way we play and a squad that accommodates that style as the current way and current squad do not work.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What scandal? What did I miss? I know about his tweets.
He thinks Berrada is going to be caught up in the City cheating scandal despite The Times saying that Berrada played no part in the deals that resulted in the 115 charges.

pacifictheme

Chelsea were already the third or fourth best team in the league, arsenal and United went into transitional periods and they weren't competing against two financially doped teams and klopp. I think the top of the league is way stronger now than back then.

Not trying to sound negative but I think we need to be more realistic than two years considering how far away we are right now.

Offsideagain

SJR doesn't back losers. Just look at his history. Just finshed a book about him and Ineos. He and his partners are not the usual executive types. They are hard working, talented no bullshit people and they expect that also from their employees and anyone connected with the company. They will, over time, establish a culture within the club that has been sadly lacking since SAF and David Gill left. Call it professionalism, common sense or just plain grit, perhaps all three. Don't expect much this season, they will be planning for next season for sure. Clear out the dross and moaners, the leakers and shirkers and install people that want to work for the club. No ageing players on big money cruising to retirement. I'm optimistic that we will be challenging next season.

sparx99

Anything is possible with a good run of luck and hitting on 7-8 signings in a row. This season there is a pretty open title race so talk of City or Liverpool running away with it seems strange. The top 8-10 teams are very difficult to beat now.

That being said even if they got everything right and made no mistakes it doesn’t guarantee you anything.

What I mostly want to see is a club that has a steady forward trajectory. That doesn’t have to mean 4th to 3rd to 2nd to 1st. It mean signings are consistent with an overarching philosophy. If a managerial change happens along the way then the new manager has to also suit the philosophy (no more stylistic lurching). It means investment in facilities and stadium befitting of a club with our stature. It means discipline throughout the club that extends to wage structure, the character of the signings (scandals etc) and other facets of professionalism.

If they did all that then even without success I could feel proud of the team and club as I know we are all pulling in the same direction. For too long it’s been the people running the club, the coaching staff and fans all at odds with each other for various reasons.

Abraxas

Impossible to say, really. We can make all the best decisions and we still have a couple of exceptional rivals that have excellent playing squads and staff themselves. They have to mess up as well in order to give us a sniff, at least until we can create that type of metronomic consistency which we're a long way off.

I like the look of their staffing decisions so far and the names we're being linked with in that regard. They've identified what anyone could see - our recruitment is abysmal and the biggest single reason on the sporting side why we haven't put together good sides. So it wasn't a hard one to get right but you still have to attract good talent and we're seemingly doing that.

But it's a long old road to go from having a couple of good staff members coming in to moulding a title winning side. That takes years of the correct decisions far more often than not, a capable manager to knit it together and basically create a team. It doesn't take a decade or any of that nonsense, it's ultimately going to depend on how much money can be chucked at it, the success rate on those signings and the decisions on managers. It's not difficult as a concept, football is hugely about recruitment and the manager. Yes things like culture matters but it's a lot easier to set the right culture when you already have the right personalities and quality, trying to mould a good culture out of players not fit to wear the shirt will always be a losing battle.

Last edited:

arthurka

He thinks Berrada is going to be caught up in the City cheating scandal despite The Times saying that Berrada played no part in the deals that resulted in the 115 charges.
Why should you have a better insight into this? Not saying you are wrong.

colombianmancunian

People are being extremely pessimistic (typical Caf). Look at how Arsenal went from almost mid table to compete. With the right directive team, the right managerial team, and the right recruiting network we will be competing for the league in 2-3 years, even sooner if they bring Zidane

The Urban Goose

People are being extremely pessimistic (typical Caf). Look at how Arsenal went from almost mid table to compete. With the right directive team, the right managerial team, and the right recruiting network we will be competing for the league in 2-3 years, even sooner if they bring Zidane
Oh dear... and you were doing so well...