Rate the premier league managers 21/22 edition.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How do we rate the managers in the league this year?
I’ll start; taking in past premier league achievements, play style, potential. Could swap a few here or there in the coming months.

1. Pep
2. Klopp
3. Rodgers
4. Ole
5. Tuchel
6. Moyes
7. Benitez
8. Bielsa
9. Potter
10. Hassenhutl
11. Frank
12. Dyche
13. Smith
14. Bruce
15. Nuno
16. Arteta
17. Lage
18. Llompart
19. Viera
20. Farke

edit: edited in the word premier league to ease some tension

Last edited:

redrobed

Lock this thread. Those aren’t serious rankings.

Moby

Dick
  1. Pep
  2. Klopp
  3. Ole
  4. Tuchel
  5. Rodgers
  6. Hassenhuttl
  7. Potter
  8. Bielsa
  9. Smith
  10. Benitez
  11. Lage
  12. Nuno
  13. Frank
  14. Moyes
  15. Arteta
  16. Bruce
  17. Llompart
  18. Vieira
  19. Farke
  20. Dyche

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Haha, the sensitives venturing into the football forum :D

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is the issue Ole above Tuchel? Is the issue Ole not in the bottom half? What is the problem here? I think Ole did wel in a Covid ravaged season to finish 2nd, steadied a sinking ship and dealt with proms Donnas well.

Tuchel is yet to prove himself in the league, also plays with 7 defensive players and I don’t like the style.

Is the issue that I have moyes too high or pep above klopp? Arteta too low?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bielsa could be higher but he plays quite naive at times, I would have had Nuno higher if I’d made the list last year maybe. I think smith has done a good job with villa. Benitez is a good average manager with a decent past in the league. I don’t think it’s all that far off

Polar

1. Klopp
2. Pep
3. Tuchel
4. Rodgers
4. Ole
6. Benitez
7. Bielsa
8. Moyes
9. Potter
10. Arteta
11. Frank
11. Smith
13. Dyche
14. Hasenhüttl
15. Nuno
16. Bruce
17. Lage
18. Llompart
19. Viera
20. Farke

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
1. Klopp
2. Pep
3. Tuchel
4. Rodgers
4. Ole
6. Benitez
7. Bielsa
8. Moyes
9. Potter
10. Arteta
11. Frank
11. Smith
13. Dyche
14. Hasenhüttl
15. Nuno
16. Bruce
17. Lage
18. Llompart
19. Viera
20. Farke
I could go with that, quite similar to mine, I have doubts about Arteta being that high and hassenhuttl seems low at 14 but can’t argue with those above him really

Dazzmondo

1. Klopp
2. Tuchel
3. Pep
4. Potter
5. Rodgers
6. Ole
7. Benitez
8. Moyes
9. Dyche
10. Frank
11. Bielsa
12. Smith
13. Lage
14. Viera (not sure how to judge him really but he's started well)
15. Nuno
16. Hassenhutl
17. Llompart
18. Farke
19. Arteta
20. Bruce

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
1. Klopp
2. Tuchel
3. Pep
4. Potter
5. Rodgers
6. Ole
7. Benitez
8. Moyes
9. Dyche
10. Frank
11. Bielsa
12. Smith
13. Lage
14. Viera (not sure how to judge him really but he's started well)
15. Nuno
16. Hassenhutl
17. Llompart
18. Farke
19. Arteta
20. Bruce
I had the same thoughts with regards to viera, the 17,18,19 in my list could all be changed easily enough without too much thought.
im not sure I could put potter at fourth yet

Elite: Pep, Klopp, Tuchel
Very Good: Rodgers
High Potential: Potter, Frank, Hassenhuttl, Xisco
Good system managers: Moyes, Bielsa, Dyche, Benitez
Questionable managers: Solskjaer, Arteta, Bruce, Nuno

Don't know enough about Lage (although Wolves have played better, without picking up points). Farke's also weird, because Norwich stroll the Championship then look beyond terrible in the PL.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

Don't know enough about Lage (although Wolves have played better, without picking up points). Farke's also weird, because Norwich stroll the Championship then look beyond terrible in the PL.
First proper list in this thread. Agree with most of them. I would maybe place Bielsa in the very good tier, but I don't think his style works everywhere so system manager might be correct.

Anyone saying ole top 5 is a troll.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

That’s a honest fair grouping and I could go with that too but I’d like to see them listed.

Elite is fair, I question Tuchel in the elite bracket but he has made a good start this season.
High potential also fair but I question hassenhutl strength or mindset at a bigger club.
Good system managers, spot on.
And questionable is fair too, all good on their day but need more consistency

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
First proper list in this thread. Agree with most of them. I would maybe place Bielsa in the very good tier, but I don't think his style works everywhere so system manager might be correct.

Anyone saying ole top 5 is a troll.
Let’s see your list kanu

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Care to make a list?
I'll indulge you. It's probably changed quite a bit since the last time:

1. Pep
2. Klopp
3. Tuchel
4. Potter
5. Ole
6. Rodgers
7. Moyes
8. Frank
9. Bielsa (he'll likely move up again)
10. Hasenhüttl
11. Smith
12. Benitez
13. Arteta (still expect him to improve)

Hard to evaluate Lage and Viera, I've no idea about Xisco, I detest Dyche's football but it's worked for years and now they've been savaged by new owners, so if he keeps them up it will be some achievement. Farke seems hopeless, Bruce...wish him well, Nuno is good at what he does, which is to manage the Wolves side two-three years ago.

It's just based on their background and current performance. I don't think managing a club with no expectations is in the same galaxy as managing a major club, so I wouldn't want Potter over Ole for instance, but he's done outstanding work nonetheless.

Very late edit: I was trying to see the empty glass as half full there, but I honestly wouldn't put Ole in the top 15. Maybe he's the worst. I don't think he has any chance of getting another Premier League job.

Last edited:

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Let’s see your list kanu
Tbf my list would almost be a copy of his list. I also don't know enough about the bottom half of the table, so it's hard for me to make a list.

I would rate Klopp, Tuchel, Pep, Benitez, Rodgers, Bielsa all above Ole though. Moyes questionable.

Polar

Tuchel isn’t in that company yet. He is on level with Rodgers, in my opinion.

Don’t know why people rate Hasenhuttel so highly. Why does he have high potential? He is 54y and been in the game for 14y. Ole is 48y and been in the game for 11y. To me Ole has a higher potential than Hasenhuttel.

I neither think Bruce is a questionable manager. Has proved he is a descent one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I'll indulge you. It's probably changed quite a bit since the last time:

1. Pep
2. Klopp
3. Tuchel
4. Potter
5. Ole
6. Rodgers
7. Moyes
8. Frank
9. Bielsa (he'll likely move up again)
10. Hasenhüttl
11. Smith
12. Benitez
13. Arteta (still expect him to improve)

Hard to evaluate Lage and Viera, I've no idea about Xisco, I detest Dyche's football but it's worked for years and now they've been savaged by new owners, so if he keeps them up it will be some achievement. Farke seems hopeless, Bruce...wish him well, Nuno is good at what he does, which is to manage the Wolves side two-three years ago.

It's just based on their background and current performance. I don't think managing a club with no expectations is in the same galaxy as managing a major club, so I wouldn't want Potter over Ole for instance, but he's done outstanding work nonetheless.
Thanks for taking the time and I fully agree with all you’ve written. I like potter but like you say it’s a different animal the further you the league towards bigger clubs so I would be hesitant at putting him fourth. Bielsa is hard to rate as he’s done amazingly well but he just seems too naive/ stubborn and that costs him sometimes. As much as people hate dyche, what he’s done is remarkable.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Tuchel isn’t in that company yet. He is on level with Rodgers, in my opinion.

Don’t know why people rate Hasenhuttel so highly. Why does he have high potential? He is 54y and been in the game for 14y. Ole is 48y and been in the game for 11y. To me Ole has a higher potential than Hasenhuttel.

I neither think Bruce is a questionable manager. Has proved he is a descent one.
Hassenhutl crying when he beat klopp will always leave a question mark over him for me, he’s done well at Southampton but I agree there’s not much future potential there and I’ve have doubts about him at a bigger club

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Why is everyone ranking Viera lower than Lage? Haven’t Wolves lost every game in the league? I thought Palace have been playing decent football under Viera.
As I said my 17,18,19 could be changed as it’s hard to rate any of them so far. You’re probably right though

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thanks for taking the time and I fully agree with all you’ve written. I like potter but like you say it’s a different animal the further you the league towards bigger clubs so I would be hesitant at putting him fourth. Bielsa is hard to rate as he’s done amazingly well but he just seems too naive/ stubborn and that costs him sometimes. As much as people hate dyche, what he’s done is remarkable.
Yeah, I find most of them very hard to evaluate to be fair. Other than Klopp and Pep, who are quite clearly insanely talented managers. I'm not on team "Tuchel is world class" which was gathering steam up until a week ago, but he's clearly a very good manager.

Ole for all the doubts has still done a good job, and in some respect, a very good job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hassenhutl crying when he beat klopp will always leave a question mark over him for me, he’s done well at Southampton but I agree there’s not much future potential there and I’ve have doubts about him at a bigger club
That was hilarious, but in fairness to him he's managing at a club where the owners are sabotaging him at every turn, I'd be surprised if they've not tried to sell the stadium to pocket some cash. It's a big statement given our horrendous owners, and Mike Ashley, but I suspect they are the worst owners in the league and they used to be a fantastically well run club. Such a shame that a talented manager like that cannot get going because of it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That was hilarious, but in fairness to him he's managing at a club where the owners are sabotaging him at every turn, I'd be surprised if they've not tried to sell the stadium to pocket some cash. It's a big statement given our horrendous owners, and Mike Ashley, but I suspect they are the worst owners in the league and they used to be a fantastically well run club. Such a shame that a talented manager like that cannot get going because of it.
I’m not too clued up on their owners or when they changed, i remember them being well run but don’t know when they sold. They always do well getting in a decent manager, will likely go down if they don’t get it right next time and then hassenhutl could be appreciated more.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I’m not too clued up on their owners or when they changed, i remember them being well run but don’t know when they sold. They always do well getting in a decent manager, will likely go down if they don’t get it right next time and then hassenhutl could be appreciated more.
They've historically had a top academy and they've done well on managerial hires. I posted about this elsewhere, but I think their net spend over the last 5 years is negative (or just slightly above zero). Last January they were already thin in defense and were trying their hardest to shift players out on loan who were squad players. Couple that with Hasenhüttl's style of play, which is relentless, it's obvious it's a huge drawback. He needs a squad to handle that intensity. Before they were just Liverpool's feeder club, but they've regressed much further as a serious footballing club.

I'm surprised there isn't really anything about this in the press. Can't imagine their supporters enjoying it. On a side note, I thought he was the standout candidate for Spurs after Potter and Rodgers rejected Levy, as he'd at least join a better a squad and, in time, get money to spend (or even be allowed to shift Harry to rebuild the squad).

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They've historically had a top academy and they've done well on managerial hires. I posted about this elsewhere, but I think their net spend over the last 5 years is negative (or just slightly above zero). Last January they were already thin in defense and were trying their hardest to shift players out on loan who were squad players. Couple that with Hasenhüttl's style of play, which is relentless, it's obvious it's a huge drawback. He needs a squad to handle that intensity. Before they were just Liverpool's feeder club, but they've regressed much further as a serious footballing club.

I'm surprised there isn't really anything about this in the press. Can't imagine their supporters enjoying it. On a side note, I thought he was the standout candidate for Spurs after Potter and Rodgers rejected Levy, as he'd at least join a better a squad and, in time, get money to spend (or even be allowed to shift Harry to rebuild the squad).
Thanks for info, does sound like he’s fighting a losing battle.
Would have made sense for Spurs, never know he could be there before Christmas

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thanks for info, does sound like he’s fighting a losing battle.
Would have made sense for Spurs, never know he could be there before Christmas
That would make me watch their games, which I admittedly have avoided from about a month into Mourinho's stint haha.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
How do we rate the managers in the league this year?
I’ll start; taking in past achievements, play style, potential. Could swap a few here or there in the coming months.

Not ranking them, just rating them based on their own individual qualities

Pep Genuis crybaby who is also a massive cnut and bald too,
Klopp Genuis crybaby who is also a massive cnut with most ugly teeth in the world.
Rodgers Crybaby who thinks he is a genuis
Ole luckiest bastard in the league
Tuchel creep.
Moyes creep super creep.
Benitez dead in terms of football.
Bielsa loved because he is crazy.
Potter punchable face, makes me hate hipsters even more.
Hassenhutl pitiful fella.
Frank proper coach, unlike, will not say, you can understand.
Dyche The only men's men in the list.
Smith I dont even remember him.
Bruce love him even though he is shit.
Nuno past it, someone should look after him, looks lost always.
Arteta another lucky bastard.
Lage no idea tbh, seriously
Llompart looks talented but can be another Potter.
Viera another worthless ex player getting job because they used to play for xyz.
Farke another hipster's favorite, but is tolerable because of his classic villain looks.