RATE the top 6's transfer windows (+ the contenders)

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Let's have a look at the usual top 6 candidates + a few teams knocking on the door and see how they did this summer:

ARSENAL
IN: 12
OUT: 17
Net spend: 68.35 m
Notable signings: Willian (free), Thomas Partey (45m), Dani Ceballos (loan), Gabriel Magalhaes (27m), William Saliba (27m)
Grade: 7.5/10
Added some useful pieces/squad depth and kept their best player.

CHELSEA
IN: 8
OUT: 24
Net spend: 171.1m
Notable signings: Kai Havertz (71m), Timo Werner (undisclosed), Thiago Silva (free), Hakim Ziyech (37m), Ben Chillwell (50m)
Grade: 9/10
No excuses for Lampard. This team is a very clear upgrade on last year's, so he has to deliver top 3 at the very least.

EVERTON
IN: 6
OUT: 16
Net spend: 70.45m
Notable signings: Allan (21m), James Rodriguez (20m), Doucoure (20m)
Grade: 8/10
No mega money signings, but a couple of good value players that have already improved them.

LEICESTER
IN: 3
OUT: 12
Net spend: 10.2m
Notable signings: Timothy Castagne (25m), Wesley Fofana (32m)
Grade: 5/10
I feel like they missed an opportunity to significantly improve and consolidate their top 5 position. Castagne looks good so far.

LIVERPOOL
OUT: 22
Net spend: 37.8m
Notable signings: Diogo Jota (45m), Thiago (20m)
Grade: 6.5/10
Thiago might be one of the best value signings of the window. They should have done more to build on their title, though.

MAN CITY
IN: 5
Net spend: 95.1m
Notable signings: Ruben Dias (62m), Fernan Torres (21m), Nathan Ake (41m)
Grade: 6/10
Dias is a great player, but it's quite baffling they didn't sign a forward. Defence needed strengthening as well.

MAN UNITED
IN: 7
OUT: 19
Net spend: 68.5m
Notable signings: Donny Van de Beek (40m), Edinson Cavani (free), Alex Telles (13.5m)
Could and should have done more. Badly needed RW and CB. Not as terrible as some say, but not good enough if we're serious about challenging.

TOTTENHAM
OUT: 11
Net spend: 85.1m
Notable signings: Sergio Reguilon (21m), Gareth Bale (loan), Vinicius (loan)
Grade: 7/10
Could go either way, depending on Bale's fitness, but they've got a real shot at top 4 now.

WOLVES
OUT: 18
Net spend: 2.6m
Notable signings: Fabio Silva (35m), Nelson Semedo (27m)
Sold some big names, spend well to replace them.

So, what are your grades for the teams above?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Arsenal 8/10
Chelsea 9.5/10
Everton 9/10
City 6/10
United 2/10
Spurs 9/10
Wolves 6/10

Bobade

Too early for this thread. The wound is still raw, hence the ludicrous 2/10 for United above.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't think City have had a good window at all. £40m on Ake is way too steep and they still haven't bought a striker for some bizarre reason,

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Chelsea of course is first. Nothing to explain there.
Spurs second.
Liverpool 3rd
United 4th.
City 5th.

Others: don't care

gajender

Let's have a look at the usual top 6 candidates + a few teams knocking on the door and see how they did this summer:

ARSENAL
IN: 12
OUT: 17
Net spend: 68.35 m
Notable signings: Willian (free), Thomas Partey (45m), Dani Ceballos (loan), Gabriel Magalhaes (27m), William Saliba (27m)
Grade: 7.5/10
Added some useful pieces/squad depth and kept their best player.

CHELSEA
IN: 8
OUT: 24
Net spend: 171.1m
Notable signings: Kai Havertz (71m), Timo Werner (undisclosed), Thiago Silva (free), Hakim Ziyech (37m), Ben Chillwell (50m)
Grade: 9/10
No excuses for Lampard. This team is a very clear upgrade on last year's, so he has to deliver top 3 at the very least.

EVERTON
OUT: 16
Net spend: 70.45m
Notable signings: Allan (21m), James Rodriguez (20m), Doucoure (20m)
Grade: 8/10
No mega money signings, but a couple of good value players that have already improved them.

LEICESTER
Net spend: 10.2m
Notable signings: Timothy Castagne (25m), Wesley Fofana (32m)
I feel like they missed an opportunity to significantly improve and consolidate their top 5 position. Castagne looks good so far.

LIVERPOOL
OUT: 22
Net spend: 37.8m
Notable signings: Diogo Jota (45m), Thiago (20m)
Grade: 6.5/10
Thiago might be one of the best value signings of the window. They should have done more to build on their title, though.

MAN CITY
IN: 5
Net spend: 95.1m
Notable signings: Ruben Dias (62m), Fernan Torres (21m), Nathan Ake (41m)
Grade: 6/10
Dias is a great player, but it's quite baffling they didn't sign a forward. Defence needed strengthening as well.

MAN UNITED
IN: 7
OUT: 19
Net spend: 68.5m
Notable signings: Donny Van de Beek (40m), Edinson Cavani (free), Alex Telles (13.5m)
Could and should have done more. Badly needed RW and CB. Not as terrible as some say, but not good enough if we're serious about challenging.

TOTTENHAM
OUT: 11
Net spend: 85.1m
Notable signings: Sergio Reguilon (21m), Gareth Bale (loan), Vinicius (loan)
Could go either way, depending on Bale's fitness, but they've got a real shot at top 4 now.

WOLVES
OUT: 18
Net spend: 2.6m
Notable signings: Fabio Silva (35m), Nelson Semedo (27m)
Sold some big names, spend well to replace them.

So, what are your grades for the teams above?
Why have you added a player who was purchased last summer .

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Why have you added a player who was purchased last summer?
Part of his deal was that he stayed another year in France. So he really only joined this year. The transfer cost should probably be counted for the previous season though.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
What do the figures behind "IN" and "OUT" mean?

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
What do the figures behind "IN" and "OUT" mean?
Number of players coming in and going out. The "OUT" numbers are high for most teams as they include loan deals and a lot of fringe or youth players being shipped out. For Chelsea, for example it looks like this:
OUT
Pedro (Roma) Free
Willian (Arsenal) Free
Nathan (Atletico MG) £2.7m
Alvaro Morata (Atletico Madrid) £50million
Josh Grant (Released)
Marcel Lavinier (Released)
Richard Nartey (Released)
Jamie Cumming (Stevenage) Loan
Trevoh Chalobah (Lorient) Loan
Ike Ugbo (Cercle Bruges) Loan
Izzy Brown (Sheffield Wednesday) Loan
Jamal Blackman (Rotherham) Loan
Marc Guehi (Swansea) Loan
Ethan Ampadu (Sheffield United) Loan
Tariq Uwakwe (Accrington) Loan
Michy Batshuayi (Crystal Palace) Loan
Lewis Baker (Trabzonspor) Loan
Conor Gallagher (West Brom) Loan
Luke McCormick (Bristol Rovers) Loan
Davide Zappacosta (Genoa) Loan
Ross Barkley (Aston Villa) Loan
Jon Russell (Accrington) Loan
Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea) Loan
Tiemoue Bakayoko (Napoli) Loan

tomaldinho1

Everton for me. Worked fast and got James on a free - he's already scored 3 and assisted 2. Allen looks a class DM and they picked him up for comparative peanuts. Doucoure has been decent for them and then I think they just got a keeper on loan, Godfrey and an LB.

United needed a player who can play RW (James) and DM to upgrade on Matic (Allan) and yet we didn't even seem semi interested in either. Even if people would prefer a classic RW, we simply need someone who can play that position at a high level and we don't have a single player in the squad who can do that. AWB will keep being exposed, our midfield will keep being unbalanced and we'll just rely on the left flank again like last season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On paper Chelsea and Everton did the best work, ourselves and City the worst. Leicester didn't do much of anything, Wolves is hardest to call, the rest somewhere in the middle.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The amount of players that have come in and out.
Seem a bit high, though. Who are the 19 players that have left Utd, for example?

Number of players coming in and going out. The "OUT" numbers are high for most teams as they include loan deals and a lot of fringe or youth players being shipped out. For Chelsea, for example it looks like this:
OUT
Pedro (Roma) Free
Willian (Arsenal) Free
Josh Grant (Released)
That loan army never ceases to impress me :D

The White Pele

These “Out” numbers are quite staggering, especially compared to the “Ins”. Are they definitely like for like? Have the top clubs really reduced their playing staff by this number?

I suppose the Outs are mostly youth that have not made the grade and replaced with promoted youth from the age group below.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I’d say, going into this window, we needed (in rough order of priority):

1. Right winger: FAILED (the two we brought in are for the future)
2. Central defender: FAILED (and lost Smalling who was arguably our best)
3. Left back: SUCCEEDED!
4. Defensive central midfield (to take pressure off and eventually replace Matic): FAILED

1 out of 4 obvious holes in the team addressed when we had a summer window AND the whole of lockdown before that to plan and prepare is absolutely ABYSMAL.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think City have had a good window at all. £40m on Ake is way too steep and they still haven't bought a striker for some bizarre reason,
They've got 2 strikers though for one position. Why would they add a 3rd?

I know they're both injured at the moment, but having a squad that deep is just stupid. You have to take on at least a little bit of risk, or else you start planning for scenarios where every one of your backups is injured. Then you end up with a 33 man squad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They've got 2 strikers though for one position. Why would they add a 3rd?

I know they're both injured at the moment, but having a squad that deep is just stupid. You have to take on at least a little bit of risk, or else you start planning for scenarios where every one of your backups is injured. Then you end up with a 33 man squad.
Because one of them is always injured it seems.

At the very least they should have a winger who can also play up top, thats what Torres should have been.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Because one of them is always injured it seems.

At the very least they should have a winger who can also play up top, thats what Torres should have been.
isnt that stirling

central options: Aguero, Jesus, Stirling
Wide options: Stirling, Silva, Mahrez, Torres, Foden, Jesus

Seems pretty decent and whilst I think a bit target man type forward would be great at giving them a completely different option pep simply isnt going to play that way so no point in getting one

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
OUT
Pedro (Roma) Free
Willian (Arsenal) Free
Josh Grant (Released)
pretty sure he went to fulham

SoCross

I think an interesting thread topic would be what has been United’s best ever transfer window and our worst.

Regarding this one, it’s actually not too bad if we step away and look past the chaos.

Amethystxx

Hey, after carefully look at our transfer business, it doesn't look bad as some people think.
Please doesn't forgot our post-COVID-stop run (3M look world beater). Our team has some quality.

Added Cavani doesn't add quality in our right flank like Sancho, but he adds some tactical opportunities. (ex. Long ball games)
We also got Alex Telles, the elite attacking full back, which so important in today game.
We got van Der Beek who allow Bruno, Pogba can be sub in some games.

It doesn't look bad as some people say beside we doesn't got elite RW (we clearly want only Sancho for this position)

Untd55

Manutd - 4/10 (We have signed players to replace bench players, rather than replacing first-teamers and relegating the former ones to the bench.)
Tottenham - 8/10 (They created a lot of depth this season that was lacking, whilst improving the first team. If they can get Bale firing, this could be a 9/10)
Everton - 9/10 (I think they have actually had the best window. The players they have brought in have been great from the get-go. James, Allan, and Doucore. Possibly should have signed a new goalkeeper, but can't do everything.)
Arsenal - 6.5/10 (They have done quite well, but I think they needed a midfielder. Willian is a good signing and they have improved their defence, but haven't replace Luiz)
Chelsea - 7.5/10 (Some of the players have started off slow, but, overall, the signings are quite good. Possibly should have signed another CB for this season, but they have improved their attacking depth)
Wolves - 6.5/10 (Some smart signings, but I don't get why they sold Doherty for so cheap. Podence looks like a good signing.)
Leicester - 6/10 (Haven't really done enough business and didn't go for a left winger, which is something I think they need.)
Man City - 5/10 (I think they needed to sign a striker, and failed to do so.)