Rate these English forwards

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I was going to.lost about Aldridge finishing top scorer in every league he has played in , including Spain but then I remembered he is Irish.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Or played for Ireland.

feck it. He is Scouse and should be on that list.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Top 10 of the ones I've seen personally play a few times at least, I can't put Jimmy Greaves etc in or else he'd probably be #1 easily.

1. Shearer - clinical AND consistent.
2. Linekar - Underrated by so many, but had everything a striker needs in abundance.
3. Fowler - at peak would be #1, just lacked consistency.
4. Owen - again, consistency/injuries stop him being further up.
5. Sheringham - with pace he'd have been true world class level.
6. Keegan - his talent transcended his diminutive stature, probably Englands answer to Best as world renowned "superstar" when footballers weren't so fashionable.
7. Kane - has everything, time will tell if he keeps it up and if so, he'll be a threat to Shearer.
8. Wright - Like Fowler, never really did it for England or he'd be higher. Top class player though.
9. Rooney - should be higher, despite his goal records. His woeful England record in tournaments puts him down here for me. That and I don't like the dude :D any place at all is a compliment.
10. Cole - another in the Wright/Fowler basket that never converted league form into internationals but lethal nonetheless.

A pair that could have got in possibly, Beardsley and Barnes, two of my all time favourite players but I think of them more as playmakers/winger/Ss - they'd both be in a all time England 11 for me though.

Leftfield addition. Peter Crouch. Was brilliant for England and I remember him fondly at Liverpool.

One that could have and should have been up there, Matt Le Tiss. Most gifted English forward I've ever seen, just didn't get the opportunity internationally he might have done had he played for a top side. I still watch his goal compilations every month or so now and can't think of any other player past or present that has such a portfolio of goal of the season contenders, not even Messi, Maradona, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo Lima.
Regarding Lineker. I seen all his goals on telly recently and most of them he seemed to arrive just at the right time. Genius.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
Was Owen really that good?! He was a good striker but I never thought of him as potentially one of the best english strikers ever which you have with Shearer, Greaves and now sense with Kane.

Owen wasn't particularly prolific and when his pace went he was bang average.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
feck that .They can have him.
To score from the non leagues to the old first division in more or less in condecutive seasons and finish top scorer is one amazing recored. South Liverpool - Newport - Oxford - Liverpool . Then he goes to Spain and does it there. Thats a record everybody should be tipping their hat too.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
He really was a genius goalscorer. I'd rate him just above Shearer.
He was. Cant think what programme it was . Most of his goals he arrived late and attacked the ball. Usually from about six yards out. Genius.

BlackShark_80

(First Division+PL):
1. Greaves
2. Lineker
3. Shearer
4. Keegan
5. Dean
6. Lofthouse
7. Rooney
8. Lawton
9. Fowler
10. Owen

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
To score from the non leagues to the old first division in more or less in condecutive seasons and finish top scorer is one amazing recored. South Liverpool - Newport - Oxford - Liverpool . Then he goes to Spain and does it there. Thats a record everybody should be tipping their hat too.
He's also a huge cnut.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The problem here is that you've got some discrepancy between the stages performed on. Lineker was a proper big game and tournament player. From the list he hasn't a peer for what he's done in pressure situations on the grandest stage in football.

Not sure that makes him the best striker, but he's the one I'd back over any of the others to deliver somehow/someway in the biggest games.

Shearer didn't really get the chance due to the early WC exit in '98. He did well at Euro '96, but that's not comparable to 2 World Cups, really.

Question says English forwards, and I'm guessing that's in general so not tilted towards major tournaments or biggest game performance, which opens things up, but then, if you weight the strength of the league each of them operated in things get hazy again.

Defining games:

1. Lineker
2. Rooney
3. Beardsley (big game performer and key supplier for Lineker)
4. Shearer
5. Owen
6. Keegan
7. Sheringham
8. Cole
9. Fowler
10. Wright
11. Kane (Kane is young and his career in this sense is ahead of him as his CV to date has nothing of note in terms of crucial games)

As strikers (Volume, consistency, accuracy, variety, movement, intelligence etc.)

1. Shearer
2. Kane
3. Lineker
4. Owen (pre-injury)
5. Fowler
6. Wright
7. Rooney
8. Cole
9. Keegan
10. Sheringham
11. Beardsley

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lineker has no business being above a few of those. Rooney is the best from that list.
Depends what you define from that list, just goals or all round ability?

Lineker was great in two world cups.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think Rooney is 2nd to shearer, linekar 3rd. If Rooney becomes the leagues top scorer and there's no reason he can't, than Rooney will be top.

red_devil83

1. Shearer
2. Rooney
3. Kane
4. Keegan
5. Lineker
6. Beardsley
7. Owen
8. Cole
9. Fowler
10. Wright

Can see Kane becoming the best though.