Ratings vs. Stoke

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
Do you lot still do player ratings? So buzzing at fulltime I felt an indescribable urge to do them...(euphoria takes many different forms...)

DDG - few heart in mouth moments but solid. 6.

Jones - brilliant defensively, first to almost every ball. 8.

Rio - Class, made it look easy, which I suppose it often was. 7.

Vidic - Unbeatable today. Still competing and winning every ball in the final minute. 8 and Man of the Match

Evra - Bit exposed in the air and a bit average going forward, but fine. 6.

Valencia - back on form after months of being totally anonymous. Started going past players again today, and passing was good if unspectacular. 7.

Carrick - Maestro. When did he suddenly become our most important player? 8.

Rooney - Hope this doesnt encourage any ideas of him as a central midfielder, or as the answer to our midfield problems! But very comfortable, dictated things for us going forward and took the sting out of the game when needed. 8.

Kagawa - Probably our only off-form player, I thought. Some tidy touches but always looked awkward, and lost the ball for us too often. Ineffective going forward too - was screaming for him to be replaced by Giggs by the end. I like him a lot on his day, but he's pretty obviously still looking for a role. 5

Hernandez - Lovable! Chased everything and some good passes. 7

Van Persie - looked a lot sharper after the goal - otherwise drifted out of the game a bit. Hopefully that'll be a turning point for him now. 6.

Subs

Welbeck - 6.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
DDG - 7
Jones - 8
Ferdinand - 7
Vidic - 7
Evra - 7
Valencia - 6
Carrick - 8
Rooney - 8
Kagawa - 6
RVP - 6
Hernandez - 6

binary bot
DDG - 7. Solid, less to do than expected.
Jones - 6. Solid at the back, doesn't offer the attacking threat that Rafael does, deducted a point for terrible throw-ins.
Vidic - 7. Similar to DDG, far less to do than expected. Can't fault him much for losing his footing, several players were at it.
Ferdinand - 5. Solid at the back, terrible distribution.
Evra - 7. Solid at the back, good attacking outlet at times.
Rooney - 8. Very good passing and linkup play, always available for Carrick.
Carrick - 7. Not much to do, took his chance well.
Kagawa - 6. Linked up well despite being out of position, can't really expect much else while he's on the left.
Valencia - 6. Struggled at times, Stoke handled most of our players very well and taking that into consideration he was much better than recent times.
Hernandez - 5. Struggled with the lack of service, had one great ball to RvP otherwise I thought he was very wasteful.
RvP - 6. Didn't do much, took his penalty well.

buckooo1978

DDG - 7
Jones - 7
Ferdinand - 7
Vidic - 7
Evra - 7
Valencia - 6
Rooney - 7
Carrick - 7
Kagawa - 6
RVP - 6
Hernandez - 6

did anyone stand out? maybe Rooney

SER19

DDG - comfortable day. never worry about him anymore 6

Jones - great again today,after motm monday . 8.

Rio - Looks so comfortable beside vidic. 7.

Vidic - Best defender in the world 8.5 MOTM

Evra - Seemed to be targeted when stoke actually kept the ball down,did well. 6.

Valencia - Much much better. Get the decision making right again and hes back. 7.

Carrick - Yet another brilliant game 8.

Rooney - Great range of passing and seemed to be enjoying himself 8.

Kagawa - hope we find a way to use him,clearly has so much talent 6

Hernandez - Excellent,stoke tried to indimidate but he just kept going toe to toe. 7

Van Persie - he never plays badly, just sometimes not as good. good on the ball and well won penalty 6.5

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
DDG 7
Jones 7
Rio 6
Vidic 7
Evra 7
Carrick 7
Rooney 8
Valencia 7
Kagawa 6
Van Persie 7
Hernandez 7

Starting 11

de Gea (7) Resolute. Punched away aerial threats and saved capably when required.

Jones (7) Brilliant. Defensively solid all game. Stayed tight to attackers and found space to push forward at will.
Ferdinand (7) Mature. Cleared danger comfortably. Put in headers and timely tackles, and looked to distribute.
Vidic (7) Solid. Withstood any Stoke pressure and denied them space. Concentration was good but lucky not to concede pen.
Evra (7) Won ball, put himself into tackles and carried it well. Had some crosses blocked from the wing.

Valencia (6) Encouraging. Attacked full back more often and attempted to create chances. Did waste possession though.
Carrick (7) Assured. Great passing range and control of midfield, without much trouble. Scored our opener.
Rooney (7) Intelligent. Spread play well and looked comfortable controlling our tempo. Had shot saved and FK wide.
Kagawa (6) Tidy. Good possession play across midfield. Lacked cutting edge with his final ball.

Hernandez (6) Runner. Tracked back and continually made forward runs. Decent link play but no goal threat.
Van Persie (6) Impotent. Delivered corners but lacked early season goal threat. Missed some openings but did win and score pen.

Subs

Welbeck (5) Occupied their defenders in the dying stages.

Overall (6) Back on track. Not pretty but we never looked like we would get into trouble. It's a steady 3 points and another game ticked off.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
DDG - 7
Jones - 6
Rio - 7
Vidic - 8
Evra - 7
Valencia - 5
Carrick - 7
Rooney - 8
Kagawa - 7
RVP - 7
Hernandez - 5

dmode

DDG 8 - I give him an 8 because he has improved considerably
Jones 6 - A good fighter, an intelligent player
Rio 7 - Composure and experience
Vidic 8 - Terminator
Evra 8 - Experience and stamina, how could he keep on running like that?
Valencia 5 - Something's missing... he is wasteful
Carrick 8 - I like his attitude, needs to add some more muscle to the game
Rooney 8 - The brain of our team, our playmaker
Kagawa 7 - Good passings and ability
RVP 6 - Needs to start scoring shitload of goals again
Hernandez 4 - Frustrated player, he'll leave sooner than later
Welbeck 5 - Big game player, can be very frustrating sometimes

Ish

Lights on for Luke
OP -

DDG had a few heart in mouth moments? Which moments were these? Unless you're talking about him comfortably dealing with every situation?

Valencia a 7, Kagawa 5? :lol: Oh, come on.

I'd agree with Randall's ratings, except maybe add a 0.5 to Vidic and a 0.5 to RvP for that hug ;)

DDG - 7

Jones - 8
Ferdinand - 7
Vidic - 7.5
Evra - 7

Valencia - 6
Carrick - 8
Rooney - 8
Kagawa - 6

RVP - 6.5
Hernandez - 6

One of Rooney, Carrick, Jones for Motm.

Castia

De Gea 7

Jones 8
Ferdinand 7
Vidic 7
Evra 7

Valencia 6
Rooney 8.5 (MoM)
Carrick 7
Kagawa 7

Hernandez 6
RvP 7

Special mention to Jones, he's been a MoM contender in almost every game he's played over the past few months (not to mention in 3 different positions) he's going to be a top player.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
De Gea 6 - Taking goal kicks really slowly is hard work

Jones 6 - Didn't cost us the game or clear a shot off the opposition line this week. Surprised he's not getting 10+ ratings on here
Rio 6 - Look Rio, it's really windy, so the measured hoof up the pitch to no one is actually even more pointless than usua....no, Rio, listen, it'd be easier if you just passed it to...Rio, stop, look, you can't hoof it, just pass it to the near...Rio, seriously, it's too windy for anyone to catch up with th...look, just use your brain and...never mind.
Vidic 8 - Excellent defending. Receives large pay bonus whenever he plays the ball directly off the pitch
Evra 6 - The man who's constantly just starting to fall over

Valencia 7 - Looked a lot more purposeful this week...though it might just have been the wind blowing his lifeless carcus around the pitch.
Carrick 6 - Shave needed. He looked like he'd crawled out of a bin just outside the stadium 10 minutes before kick off.
Rooney 8 - It made a refreshing change having an actual midfielder next to Carrick in midfield...even if they're not an actual midfielder
Kagawa 6 - He's turning into one of those Nasri type players who manage to be excellent at doing absolutely nothing

Van Persie 6 - Why does he celebrate goals as if he's riding some kind of invisible horse?
Hernandez 6 - Kicked Stoke player in the face.

Welbz - lol

Cameron - Jerome
Walters - Which one of the several Stoke players who look like him was he? How can there be about 4 of you on the pitch and yet you still look anonymous and shite?

Castia

Jones 6 - Didn't cost us the game or clear a shot off the opposition line this week. Surprised he's not getting 10+ ratings on here
:confused:

Weird thing to say, your having a pop at a player for doing well and getting praised lately?

edit: my bad just read the other players rating, guess it was a joke post.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It just amuses me how since the Real game, all Jones has to do is be on the pitch and people will claim he was amazing. He's not actually played that well since, partly because he's in a different position every week.

Last week he managed to get MOTM on here despite being the reason we lost the game.

Imagine if Jones had played as well as Rooney did in midfield yesterday (which actually wasn't that amazing but pretty good for someone who doesn't usually play there). You'd have people claiming he was the new Scholes.

Castia

Nah he's just done well since coming back into the team, he did a good job on Ronaldo and Bale then made a few decent performances in the league. Im not claiming him to be the best player in the world but he's done well in the majority of games in my opinion. There's few players at his age who are all comfortable at playing right back, centre back and midfield, all 3 positions played in as many weeks.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He was alright yesterday defensively, but then so were most of the team. It was hardly a MOTM performance. Vidic was easily the best defender and Rooney probably the pick of our players other than that.

He had a good game in midfield against Real, but it's gone a bit mental on here where Jones is concerned. It's like people are so eager for him to be the player (or several players) he has the potential to be, so just sort of pretend he already is.

Then no doubt when he starts hitting dodgy form which all young players do, everyone will be on his back and exagerating every tiny thing he does wrong.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was alright yesterday defensively, but then so were most of the team. It was hardly a MOTM performance. Vidic was easily the best defender and Rooney probably the pick of our players other than that.

He had a good game in midfield against Real, but it's gone a bit mental on here where Jones is concerned.
You're not wrong there but I would say that statement holds true with or without the last four words.

He does seem to cause extreme opinions though. After a handful of games he was the new Duncan Edwards, only to become an over-priced John O'Shea after an iffy spell last season.

I can't see any reason to be anything other than really pleased with his performances this season though. There's a clear improvement and he's been admirably consistent for a player his age. All the more so when you consider he's never had a proper run of games, or even a fixed position. A single defensive error against City doesn't change that and certainly shouldn't be held against him aver a good, solid display in his next start.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
De Gea 6 - Fluff-face

Jones 7 - Dealt really well with the threat of bald hard nut #4 or whoever he was playing against. Was he playing against anyone? Gurned really well a couple of times.
Rio 7 - Pondered the success or otherwise of his 5 clothing brand.
Vidic 8 - Threw himself about, fell over, seemed to quite enjoy dealing with the thousand of pointless spoons in the air towards him and Kenwynyywye Jones
Evra 6 - Skinned by Ryan Shotton. Yes, that's right. Ryan Shotton.

Valencia 5 - Decent impression of Ryan Shotton.
Carrick 7 - Nice toepoke. Not especially hard to believe it's not Scholes, though, really, is it? Not if we're honest with ourselves.
Rooney 7 - Nice passing, terrible hair
Kagawa 6 - As pointless as Hleb

Van Persie 7 - Showed he's still looking sharp and quick. Not in the actual match, but when celebrating his goal.
Hernandez 6 - Looked confused and probably a little scared surrounded by so many bald Englishmen. Correctly decided not to go into the box on this basis. Well done.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It just amuses me how since the Real game, all Jones has to do is be on the pitch and people will claim he was amazing. He's not actually played that well since, partly because he's in a different position every week.

Last week he managed to get MOTM on here despite being the reason we lost the game.

Imagine if Jones had played as well as Rooney did in midfield yesterday (which actually wasn't that amazing but pretty good for someone who doesn't usually play there). You'd have people claiming he was the new Scholes.
Jesus you don't half talk some shite noodle.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Rafael had a really poor game against City, and Jones had a good one at Stoke. But... Rafael was up against a really difficult opponent. I'm not sure Jones was up against an opponent at all, though he certainly did well defensively overall.

I've been very pleased by Jones since he has come back. He looks like a first team gurner to me.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You're not wrong there but I would say that statement holds true with or without the last four words.

He does seem to cause extreme opinions though. After a handful of games he was the new Duncan Edwards, only to become an over-priced John O'Shea after an iffy spell last season.

I can't see any reason to be anything other than really pleased with his performances this season though. There's a clear improvement and he's been admirably consistent for a player his age. All the more so when you consider he's never had a proper run of games, or even a fixed position. A single defensive error against City doesn't change that and certainly shouldn't be held against him aver a good, solid display in his next start.
I thought he was fine yesterday. He's the best of the crop of players we have who sometimes pretend to be right fullbacks, but he's getting MOTM ratings in here. Other players were easily and very noticably better if only on the basis that they actually had something to do. It's bizarre.

It's going to be one of those things that happens on here where everyone overhypes one of our players to ridiculous extremes, and then when they have like, two actual bad games, starts slagging them off every week for not meeting the fictionally high standards created for them.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Jones gets mostly 7's and a couple of 6's and 8's

Hardly crazy scores, defensively he was excellent looked very composed and he looked to get forward plenty of times as well.

He was quite noticable throughout the game in a good way.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Don't think Jones's performance has been overrated at all. I'd give him a 7 / 7.5, which would make him my MotM, as I don't think anyone else played particularly well, or really had to do anything (Vidic + Ferdinand were fine but Stoke hardly tested them).

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
De Gea 6 - Fluff-face

Jones 7 - Dealt really well with the threat of bald hard nut #4 or whoever he was playing against. Was he playing against anyone? Gurned really well a couple of times.
Rio 7 - Pondered the success or otherwise of his 5 clothing brand.
Vidic 8 - Threw himself about, fell over, seemed to quite enjoy dealing with the thousand of pointless spoons in the air towards him and Kenwynyywye Jones
Evra 6 - Skinned by Ryan Shotton. Yes, that's right. Ryan Shotton.

Valencia 5 - Decent impression of Ryan Shotton.
Carrick 7 - Nice toepoke. Not especially hard to believe it's not Scholes, though, really, is it? Not if we're honest with ourselves.
Rooney 7 - Nice passing, terrible hair
Kagawa 6 - As pointless as Hleb

Van Persie 7 - Showed he's still looking sharp and quick. Not in the actual match, but when celebrating his goal.
Hernandez 6 - Looked confused and probably a little scared surrounded by so many bald Englishmen. Correctly decided not to go into the box on this basis. Well done.
Looking at the comments you would have thought we'd lost!