Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The funny things is I'm the same age as Ravel more or less and I've met my mates a few times since we came back from Uni. A lot of them are really good, smart lads however some of the stories I've heard from them are quite shocking, boys will be boys.

ArmchairCritic

See this is the thing, he's on twitter. I couldn't give a damn who his heroes are, but what the feck's he doing on twitter? Why is the club allowing it? And how can it not have gone in his head that he needs to shut up, get his head down, live entirely for football and be entirely anonymous until such time as Fergie decides he exists?

It's gutting, cos he's that good, and I'm sure there are reasons for it in his childhood... but I just can't see it happening for him at United. And even if it does, how long can it last?
I completely agree but we can't micromanage him to that extent, teenagers definitely don't take kindly to that. He'll make it here, get him on the pitch and everything is bliss, it's a shame he's had so many injuries this year.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
The funny things is I'm the same age as Ravel more or less and I've met my mates a few times since we came back from Uni. A lot of them are really good, smart lads however some of the stories I've heard from them are quite shocking, boys will be boys.
Yeah but are they on fecking twitter?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
At the risk of sounding like some wannabe ITK bellend, I probably have more reasoned concerns than most but I can't divulge the reasons. Suffice to say the kid needs to give his head a wobble and realise what's good for him, who he supports or thinks is the best player the PL has seen is the least of our worries.
You weren't supposed to mention that. Even inference can cause all manner of complications. PM me.

Mick1991

I don't want to be this 'close' to a player and I suppose this is what twitter is all about. Some see it as an opportunity to bring footballers and fans closer together which is a load of bollix really, there is nothing worthwhile gaining that I could not get from a good interview, everything else is optional.

It's great for breaking news though.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
You weren't supposed to mention that. Even inference can cause all manner of complications. PM me.
One thing I'm sure not to be doing is PM'ing you.
:lol:

I don't want to be this 'close' to a player and I suppose this is what twitter is all about. Some see it as an opportunity to bring footballers and fans closer together which is a load of bollix really, there is nothing worthwhile gaining that I could not get from a good interview, everything else is optional.
Even interviews are rarely worth reading. At best, you think, "Well he seems to have his head screwed on." That's it. No real insight, virtually ever. I mean, say, Darren Fletcher has his head screwed on... but who cares really what he thinks about anything?

ArmchairCritic

Ravel Ryan Morrison
City was very very good today but Manchester United will always be the team that makes manchester shine
23 Oct via web
Just saying though.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
See this is the thing, he's on twitter. I couldn't give a damn who his heroes are, but what the feck's he doing on twitter? Why is the club allowing it? And how can it not have gone in his head that he needs to shut up, get his head down, live entirely for football and be entirely anonymous until such time as Fergie decides he exists?

It's gutting, cos he's that good, and I'm sure there are reasons for it in his childhood... but I just can't see it happening for him at United. And even if it does, how long can it last?
I've yet to encounter a single footballer on twitter who justifies actually being there. Even the grown up ones act like spoilt egotistical children. Except Michael Owen who just tweets about horse racing and darts...making him by far the worst of the lot. It's very annoying.

Something is obviously quite wrong here though. With his talent he would have long since moved on from pissing around in the reserves otherwise, though I somehow doubt it has anything to do with what shirt he decides to wear...and as we've seen recently, footballers can't be trusted with choosing their own t-shirts anyway.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Who cares if his favourite player is Henry? What possible difference does it make.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
We can, just tell him he either closes his twitter account, or he's out the club and some blokes Fergie knows from Govan will dump him 20 miles out in the North Sea.

Mind you, he'd probably put it on fecking twitter...
I think the days that young players worrying about Fergie coming round their houses and braking up parties are over.
Maybe Jaap Stam should have a new role as Fergie's enforcer.
He could go to Ravel's house and confiscate his phone. Fergie could have a quiet word with Pogba, and tell him to stop the contract rumours or he'll have an Easter Island statue headed goliath waiting for him after training.

Aint gota Kalou

Does anyone know if he's back in training and if he is d'ya reckon he stands any chance of playing against Liverpool next week?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Actually, journos on twitter annoy me as well. All of them.

It's when they start trying to fit their weird "unbiased" opinions into tiny 150 character segments, and yet somehow nearly always find room to devote at least half the statement to being unnecessarily smug.

Hint: if you have a biased opinion about football, don't try and pretend it isn't biased. It just makes you look like a moron, and it isn't going to stop hoards of angry keyboard warrior scousers from threatening you.

Ravel Morrison

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think you should just close the twitter window, noods, seems like you'd be a lot happier overall.

Aint gota Kalou

I think that yes he is back in training. No he won't play against Liverpool.
Ah right that's good. What he needs is to be training and playing games to keep his mind from wondering. He's a class act on the pitch in terms of behaviour so I still have hope.

OldRed1

I don't understand why he is allowed to have a public twatter. It only serves to inflate his outrageously inflated ego without him so much as kicking a ball for the first team.
It's only because you all read and comment on his twitter posts that his outrageously inflated ego becomes more inflated. Wouldn't it be better to ignore the lad?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Why doesn't the club force him to make it private?! 'which you can with twatter'. At the moment it's just a platform for his hangers on to gain some internet fame.

I'm sure plenty of footballers have private facebook pages as well.

lysglimt

Scout
If he is gonna choose a non-United favourite - Henry is a damn fine choice. One of the players I have the most respect and admiration for...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Word, Deco. How 'bout we forbid all things twitter related in this thread and let the fecking drama queens pick the sand out of their vaginas in the main thread?

twitter thread suggester
From now on this thread is only about what he does on the pitch. If you want to discuss his future and his tweets, use the one in the main United forum.

ArmchairCritic

Next reserve game is next Monday right? Hopefully Ravel is involved.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Anybody know if the lad is actually training, if he's fit? Not involved with the reserves in quite a while.
During all the twitter drama of the stolen watch, Rio responded I'll see you in training. Assume he's been back in training for 2 weeks now.