Ravel Morrison | Signs for Sheffield United

Charlie Foley

No as I said I think he was above average in the youth setup but that does not always correlate to being good at the professional level. We have had our own experiences at the Sporting academy so I know how it is.

What I am saying is there are People here saying “imagine him behind X,Y, and Z” but it’s hard to imagine Because he never showed anything at the pro level that he did in the youth. It’s an unrealistic thought. It’s like a college basketball star who could never make it in the NBA.

(Me and my basketball examples:lol:)
You said good! And to use your basketball example (fine by me I’m a dubs fan :lol: ) you couldn’t say a college star was “never good.” I couldn’t say guys who ran over me playing in high school were “never good” even when they didn’t make it pro. Potential and fruition is a long road and at numerous points you can stop and say someone is good or not. That’s not to say that they will be a star at the top level. But they were still good. Bojan was great at la Masia. Because his senior career stuttered doesn’t mean he was never good!

Agree though that NOW it’s stupid to say imagine him in our line up because we’ve seen his level in 2019. It was a very different thing to be saying that in 2011 though. He was a *good* 18 year old or whatever age back then. He is not a good 26 year old now, though he could have been.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You said good! And to use your basketball example (fine by me I’m a dubs fan :lol: ) you couldn’t say a college star was “never good.” I couldn’t say guys who ran over me playing in high school were “never good” even when they didn’t make it pro. Potential and fruition is a long road and at numerous points you can stop and say someone is good or not. That’s not to say that they will be a star at the top level. But they were still good. Bojan was great at la Masia. Because his senior career stuttered doesn’t mean he was never good!

Agree though that NOW it’s stupid to say imagine him in our line up because we’ve seen his level in 2019. It was a very different thing to be saying that in 2011 though. He was a *good* 18 year old or whatever age back then. He is not a good 26 year old now, though he could have been.
I completely understand with what your saying he was *good* at youth level but when I say he was “never good” I mean at the pro level which is in the end what people are talking about now when saying “imagine him on this lineup” as for the college star example Adam Morrison comes to mind who lit up the NCAA with Gonzaga some people even compared him to Larry bird :lol: and then he only lasted 4 years in the NBA and that was that.

To your point was he *good* in college? Ya I would say so but was he good in the next level in the NBA? Nope.

So that’s what I mean about he was not good I was talking about the pros and not what he did at the youth academy.

BiggusCrickus

I think with Ravel is if he had carried on with his development at utd then we would have the creative 10 we are lacking now. And that sucks

Classical Mechanic

Is that the sum total of his abilities? Most pub players could do something like that.
Don't hate Colster - appreciate.

This was his peak Colin, his fabled performance against Lithuania for England u21s - look at the body swerve to fool the keeper......beautiful!

Sadly he decided to kick off with his teammate in the same game. Bittersweet memories.

Untd55

I don't know why people are so desperate for him to succeed. I have no sympathy when someone messes up their career due to being lazy or having an idiotic personality.

He must have a great agent, though. I don't get why clubs are still taking him on; he is a failure.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is a failed Jack Wilshere. At least Wilshere had one good first team game to build a myth career on, this guy hasnt even had that.

fps

I don't know why people are so desperate for him to succeed. I have no sympathy when someone messes up their career due to being lazy or having an idiotic personality.

He must have a great agent, though. I don't get why clubs are still taking him on; he is a failure.
Correct.

Jeppers7

I like to hear players like Rio talk about Ravel, not clowns on here

Amar__

Incredibly Nasty Man
Supports
MK Dons
He was last seen getting subbed off at half time for Sheff Utd U23s on September 30th as they were 2-0 down at home against Burnley U23s. They ended up losing 3-0.
:lol:

But imagine how good he would look for us.

dabeast

I wonder why he didn't make the bench yesterday. Why would Wilder, a good judge of talent, buy him then?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I wonder why he didn't make the bench yesterday. Why would Wilder, a good judge of talent, buy him then?
He didn't buy him, he joined for free on a one year deal. Gives him a chance to have a long look at the player on a day to day basis.

It's a very low risk gamble that seems not to have paid off. Kinda like putting a fiver on a 100/1 horse, if you win, great! If you lose, meh only a fiver.

saivet

I think as well, given how well they have played this season, Wilder has had no reason to shake it up in terms of personal.

In terms of how they play, I'm not sure where he fits in or if he'd be able to bring about that same intensity the regulars do.