RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2011/2012)

Plan M

honestly what makes them lethal? I think the majority of the posters on there must be too young to remember how hard it is for their team to win the league!
It's the same old every summer, they're "world beaters" in their own little minds. Wait until the season starts and they lose a few games early on, they'll soon change their tone to "The league is fixed" and all that sort of rubbish.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It's mental how they're now stating they don't want Young but are hyping up Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

Plan M

the usual nonsense. But I do not underestimate Dalglish...and neither will Fergie.

I want us to start beating them at Anfield like we used to again.

cant wait ;)
Same here, the first fixture I looked for last week was United's trip to Anfield.

They call United supporters "arrogant" at RAWK but they should look at themselves; they seem to have forgotten that City will be even stronger next season as will us, Chelsea and Arsenal.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Not a RAWK thing to be fair but this link is hilarious. Part of me considered paying the subscription fee to see what the supposed similarities are:

Liverpool: England's answer to Barcelona?
Tompkins makes a living feeding off scouse delusion and desperation that this year is their year.

Above Us Only Sky: Liverpool FC's Global Revolution: Amazon.co.uk: Paul Tomkins: Books

Liverpool's third season under Rafael Benítez was a tumultuous time both on and off the pitch. In 2007 Liverpool FC finally changed hands, with Americans George Gillett Jr. and Tom Hicks buying the club; work began on a radically redesigned state-of-the-art stadium at Stanley Park; and the team reached a seventh European Cup final. Without doubt a new era has begun.
Above Us Only Sky is much more than just the story of one season. As well as reflecting on the recent past, this book looks to the future, to examine how the new regime can make the Reds competitive in all aspects of the game - from silverware, and the pounds (and dollars) that help secure it, through to the players to whom Gillett and Hicks will be looking to achieve success on the pitch, including exciting new signings Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, to name just two. What do the Reds need to do to win a 19th league crown?

Above Us Only Sky also examines how Liverpool FC has evolved from the provincial club of the 1960s, to now touch the lives of people in every corner of the globe. What does it mean to be a Liverpool fan in the new millennium, either as a native Liverpudlian or as one born thousands of miles away? How can the club move forward with a large and diverse fan base whose members, both local and global, have very different needs and desires?

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
especially now Dalglish has been given a contract and doesn't have to try as hard anymore
:yawn: :rolleyes:

What exactly does that mean? And if you actually believe it makes sense then you are even more clueless than some of the posters you are laughing at.

Plan M

I have to agree with M'n'M, don't write off a Dalglish side. But Liverpool won't go further than Man City, Chelsea or United next season in my opinion.

Plan M

Best the skaus can hope for next season is 5th - at a push they could edge Arsenal out of the 4th Champions League spot.
Not going to happen for me. Liverpool are bigger bottlers than Arsenal and their squad is massively overrated by RAWK.

M'n'M

I have to agree with M'n'M, don't write off a Dalglish side. But Liverpool won't go further than Man City, Chelsea or United next season in my opinion.
Write us off all you like as having Dalglish as manager doesn't guarantee anything. There are many reasons why Liverpool may not (and more than likely will not) win the league but Crustanoid's argument is the most ridiculous one I've heard. Strangely it's not the only time on here I've seen it either.

- at a push they could edge Arsenal out of the 4th Champions League spot.
I'd take that for this coming season.

Liverpool are bigger bottlers than Arsenal.
Not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion.

M'n'M

They wont win the league for at least the next two or three seasons..unless something dramatic happens..and I am being generous!
I would be inclined to agree.

Donkey's Ears

Liverpool will just be aiming for fourth spot. Get that and they've made huge progress.

I'm surprised by their signings but remember Dalglish made smart moves at Blackburn (not all big money) and got a lot out of pretty ordinary players (Sherwood, Ripley, Wilcox).

They haven't yet addressed their lack of a decent defender and the complete lack of a left-back (although to be fair that does like it is on their agenda).

Lot of work to do for Liverpool though and they'll be hoping to buck the trend.

I'm more surprised that England's Barcelona haven't won more in the last few years.

M'n'M

By "surprised" I bet you mean "not surprised as you've been shit"?

Plan M

I think M'n'M's posts have been fair in here and he's getting a bit of stick. He hasn't said that Liverpool are title contenders as far as I can see.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I think M'n'M's posts have been fair in here and he's getting a bit of stick. He hasn't said that Liverpool are title contenders as far as I can see.
Yeah, no need to act like pricks to opposition fans if they are not really trolling (like peterstorey does). Leave that to RAWK.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Yeah, no need to act like pricks to opposition fans if they are not really trolling (like peterstorey does). Leave that to RAWK.
Please point out where anyone has acted a prick to an opposition fan here :confused:

MG

How are they taking the news that both Jones and Young turned down considerably higher wages at Liverpool to sign for Manchester United on a fair bit lower wages because they both wanted to sign for United, both citing it as a far bigger team with a much greater chance of winning trophies?

Not well, I'd assume.

It's true though. Why would you want to sign for Liverpool and get paid more but finish 6th, when you can sign for United, the Champions, still get paid a lot, seriously challenge for the league as well as other trophies and play in the Champions League?

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
How are they taking the news that both Jones and Young turned down considerably higher wages at Liverpool to sign for Manchester United on a fair bit lower wages because they both wanted to sign for United, both citing it as a far bigger team with a much greater chance of winning trophies?

Not well, I'd assume.

It's true though. Why would you want to sign for Liverpool and get paid more but finish 6th, when you can sign for United, the Champions, still get paid a lot, seriously challenge for the league as well as other trophies and play in the Champions League?
Well put it this way, Youngs now a poor mans Stewart Downing who they all rated the better player anyway and never really wanted Young in the first place, plus in their little world weve paid over 20 million for both Young and Jones hence why they 'backed out of the deals' so they didnt lose out at all really....or something like that.

They've basically been reduced to making up blatant fictional numbers to ease the pain of yet more rejection, its tough for the scousers right now tbf.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Same here, the first fixture I looked for last week was United's trip to Anfield.

They call United supporters "arrogant" at RAWK but they should look at themselves; they seem to have forgotten that City will be even stronger next season as will us, Chelsea and Arsenal.
Arsenal? until I see some serious investing in their squad, not sure Arsenal will be in the top 3.

seems like more players wanting to leave then coming in.

still funny though.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Well put it this way, Youngs now a poor mans Stewart Downing who they all rated the better player anyway and never really wanted Young in the first place, plus in their little world weve paid over 20 million for both Young and Jones hence why they 'backed out of the deals' so they didnt lose out at all really....or something like that.

They've basically been reduced to making up blatant fictional numbers to ease the pain of yet more rejection, its tough for the scousers right now tbf.
I feel their pain ;)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I really have no words for this...although it could be a wind-up:

The Jews are a hopeful bunch. Egyptian exile, Babylonian and Assyrian captivity, Roman occupation—how a relatively small ethnic group could survive (let alone flourish!) despite such circumstance is clearly a testament to their almost pitifully obstinate expectation of imminent restoration, and some might say conclusive evidence of Divine favor. A mighty king from the tribe of Judah, a descendant of Abraham and David, would surely emerge at any moment to deliver the Jews from their enemies—those wretched and defiled idol worshippers who dishonored the God of Creation—just as YHWH had led them out of Egypt and into the Promised Land.

Alas, the people of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were improbably vindicated by their God. The king arrived just as they said he would, defeating their enemies with ease, and inaugurating the Kingdom of God on earth. The God of the Jews was, after all, the King of the universe, and demonstrably so.

Only the Jews didn’t notice.

I hate when Liverpool play Manchester United. Not because I am overcome with nerves or dread the prospect of defeat at their hands (though that is certainly true as well!), but because the match always starts at the crack of dawn here in the States. The prospect of groggily searching for a grainy and inevitably unreliable stream on some shady website with more pop-ups than a children’s book is almost enough to keep me anchored to the mattress.

But this day was special. I had a dream before I awoke, and fittingly it was a dream about Kenny Dalglish managing Liverpool to victory over Manchester United...

Continues:
A King Among Men