RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywarden

What was RAWK like the year that they "challenged" for the league?
Champions. The confidence boost this will give them cannot be underestimated, even though it has come from deeply corrupt officiating and the fact that their manager UNDENIABLY runs the Premier League.
As it has always been, in other words.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241351.msg5654670#msg5654670

This is by far my fave thread from that season. They really thought they were there. The 19th title was only a whisker away. Meanwhile their club fell to pieces and we just went from strength to strength.

I wonder if the poster is still sorry for Fergie.

I think I enjoyed RAWK more when they got close and we still beat them. Poor sods.

"Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is feck all you can do about."

:smirk:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
BAR: Um, Ok. Now Brendan, a defeat at Old Trafford would normally be a disappointment for a Liverpool manager, but I understand you're feeling quite the opposite this morning.

BR: Absolutely. I thought the players were magnificent, OK? You know, you can't have your cake and eat it, so you have to step up to the plate and face the music. I'm finally beginning to leverage the talent of the players. We lost the game 2-1, but we didn't lose 2-1 in terms of quality. In terms of quality, I'd say we nicked it 3-2 with a winning goal on 87 minutes from Daniel Sturridge.

http://bawkatrawk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/brendan-rodgers-on-defeat-to-manchester.html

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241351.msg5654670#msg5654670

This is by far my fave thread from that season. They really thought they were there. The 19th title was only a whisker away. Meanwhile their club fell to pieces and we just went from strength to strength.

I think I enjoyed RAWK more when they got close and we still beat them. Poor sods.

"Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is feck all you can do about."

The responses are the best part. Look at these...

Their run is coming to an end and by f*ck does it makes me smile.
The end is nigh for the Mancs, Bacon face knows it, their players know it and so do their 'fans'.

They are shitting it!
apparantly a Utd player told a Liverpool player recently that they (Utd) are feeling tired ,
this according to Ballague Podcast . . may be bullshit but food for thought and it would tie in
with my own belief that something just isnt right with Utd at the moment . . .
Yes, because a United player would have told our title rivals that they're tired.

It's in their mindset, they know that they are in trouble, they look over their shoulders and all they see is us.

Whatever happens over the next month, could make us for the next decade as for the mancs - they are done!
Great post, i am absolutely convinced that we will bring number 19 home next season and who know with it the added bonus of that Gin soaked bastard retiring. It would destroy everything hes done over the last twenty years if we were to make it 19-18 next season and as i say i am sure we will do it.
But I feel that his cycle is coming to an end, and thus Man Utd. Football has become much more technical nowadays, scrutinising tactics and practicing details, working like a machine with the flair as a bonus.

This is the new style, and Rafa is the Master.
Oh dear.

The tide is turning
Anyway, agree with the sentiment and remember, even if they won it, they did not take us down from our perch. They would just sit next to us before we kick them back to where they belong!
But wait, there was one sensible poster...

i don't know why people are so certain united's tenure is coming to an end when they're about to win the league and are favourites to get to rome. they have a world class squad and some fantastic young players. plus, when fergie goes mourinho could step in and just make them even harder to beat.

think we're all getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. yes liverpool are showing geniune signs of being able to compete now, but united will be up there for years to come yet, and arsenal and chelsea too.

this isn't aimed at the opening post, which i enjoyed. just people saying that the mancs are shitting themselves etc.
But here's my favourite post from that thread...

quit while you're ahead mr ferguson.

Castia

We lost the game 2-1, but we didn't lose 2-1 in terms of quality. In terms of quality, I'd say we nicked it 3-2 with a winning goal on 87 minutes from Daniel Sturridge.
If only that were the case in last years Champions League Barcelona would have beat Chelsea 47-0

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
One thing I remember from that thread is some dipper telling the other's to "feck their mouths" after Macheda scored and they'd been slagging him off.

Oh and there was one who reckoned "these titles races are bad for my heart" IIRC. He's alive and well today :lol:

That was a classic end of season.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
BAR: Um, Ok. Now Brendan, a defeat at Old Trafford would normally be a disappointment for a Liverpool manager, but I understand you're feeling quite the opposite this morning.

BR: Absolutely. I thought the players were magnificent, OK? You know, you can't have your cake and eat it, so you have to step up to the plate and face the music. I'm finally beginning to leverage the talent of the players. We lost the game 2-1, but we didn't lose 2-1 in terms of quality. In terms of quality, I'd say we nicked it 3-2 with a winning goal on 87 minutes from Daniel Sturridge.

http://bawkatrawk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/brendan-rodgers-on-defeat-to-manchester.html
Good to see him back :lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What was RAWK like the year that they "challenged" for the league?
I remember they had an absolutely fantastic fanfic about them beating us in the Champions League final to seal their own treble - featuring some great dialogue like Gerrard encouraging Torres to score against us while calling him "Nando" and such :lol:

TheRisingSun

Banned
"A screen adaptation of the hit play about the exploits of a group of Liverpool Football fans at the European Cup final in Istanbul."

Does it involve dropping a concrete block on a Turkish waiter's head?
:lol:

The sequel called "10 years in Plovdiv" is scheduled to premiere in late 2013.

Keltoi

Had to post this :lol:

I would like to congratulate Manchester United and Mr Ferguson on a fantastic victory, a never say die attitude, tactical nous, and showing that they don't need a full squad of renowned internationals to win a match.....

But I just fecking can't! Aside from the obvious similarities ie 3 points with an injury time winner, there are big fecking glaringly obvious differences between our game and this. We fecking battered Fulham mercilessly, and Fulham were lucky that it wasn't double figures, which just a little luck with final touches would have given us. And we did fecking deserve our three points. United deserved feck all from this match. Today, Villa fecking bossed them for most of the match. Friedel should have got to ****** boy's second and Young should have cleared the ball into touch well before it got anywhere near Manctwatto. Villa deserved something from this game. Fulham deserved to have the league scoring record against them broken. And the fans? What a gang of inbred twats. We score a goal in the dying moments, and we're singing for our time for full on half an hour after the whistle. Their fans? First fecking thing out of their mouths was "are you watching Merseyside." Yes we were watching, and we all know you'll drop points before the end of May. I fecking hate United and their shitty inbred ratboy wankstain bellend sausage jockey fans. Have no fears, these cnuts will slip up a few times before the end of the season. Just keep on believing like our fantastic travelling Kop yesterday.

SteveJ

Scout
That is a hilarious mix of girly weeping and schoolyard fury. Class and dignity.

TheRisingSun

Banned
If only that were the case in last years Champions League Barcelona would have beat Chelsea 47-0
Yep and Bayern would have won the '99 European Cup. I don't think you'd have scraped through that '08 semi either stylistically, leaving Barca to face their bogey team in Moscow.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
'Mr Ferguson is all too aware of this threat, and this season his ears have pricked and he’s started barking. He and Rafa have never been, how do you say…? As thick as thieves - you could almost taste a strong disliking to one another. Rafa came here as we became his project. The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly. '

Why do they set themselves up so brilliantly for a fall?

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
You know what they remind me of? Over the top religious nuts who cant back up anything they with hard proof or evidence so spout a load of fantastical sermons to inspire people. Nothing at all in what that guy said actually came to pass.

In fact by the end of the next season they were cheering the fact we beat them at Anfield to keep United from winning number 19.

TheRisingSun

Banned
You know what they remind me of? Over the top religious nuts who cant back up anything they with hard proof or evidence so spout a load of fantastical sermons to inspire people. Nothing at all in what that guy said actually came to pass.

In fact by the end of the next season they were cheering the fact we beat them at Anfield to keep United from winning number 19.
More like a cult led by a combination of bombastic rhetoric and an iron fist.

The moderators (when they're not talking to themselves bigging up their cycling exploits from a multi-handle) do those veiled threats whenever there's the slightest bit of dissent from the party line of King Kenny/Rafa being completely unresponsible for the mess that they're in.

shaggy

The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.
Fergie?

Nope, Rafa.

Castia

Yep and Bayern would have won the '99 European Cup. I don't think you'd have scraped through that '08 semi either stylistically, leaving Barca to face their bogey team in Moscow.
Jesus. Here he comes getting all serious about a joke comment made in a RAWK thread. Super TheRisingSun is once again here to defend Chelsea's day.

shaggy

the best thing is that even if it takes a couple of years to finally make the final step, if fergie gets them to 19 league and 5 euro trophies and then fecks off with a smile on his face having beaten our record, Rafa is there to take the record right back and there will be naff all that red nose can do about it. we'll be the most successful team again and fergie will just be resigned to the history books as a footnote.
:lol:

shaggy

now we see the truth don't we? All along, THIS is what Fergie's been afraid of, THIS is what all his abuse of/control of media, referees etc have been established for gradually, to make it as hard as possible for US to do to them what they've done to us since 1992. Back then, although we didn't see it, there was a red monster shaping in our wingmirror, gearing up, finding the ignition, learning how to break down teams that 'park the bus' (yes it gave THEM problems to once), overcome refereeing decisions and thus dominate (and win) League Title race after League Title race in a way that WE pioneered. Does this sound familiar yet? Guess WHO the Red Monster was back then and WHO was at the controls? Now? The situations reversed, it's US steamrollering towards THEM with all the force of our history, our fans and sheer, naked DESIRE on our side and Fergie can see this - you see the greatest weakness of his and United's position is that they've ALWAYS, even now been playing catch-up to OUR Totals at home and in Europe, and doesn't Ferguson and all of 'them' hate it?
fecking crying here :lol:

naked desire :lol:

Full post:

I agree with the posters above in the main; Don't ask me why after Tuesday's madness - but I STILL believe that for us, the league title this season WILL come down to the final games for us AND United. And no to the other poster eulogising the 'United Youth'; The United youth are NOT that great - not compared to what they had in the 'Class of '92' (Beckham, Scholes, Neville 1 & 2 etc) anyway. In fact I think OUR Youth team if not surpassing theirs is certainly its match in levels of ability, skill, class etc and winning mentality AND it cost us far less. Also if they're going to be so great - then WHO will bring them through as Fergie brought through their 1992 team and he won't be here in 3 years time. So who will bring them through to the First team? (By which time they COULD be chasing us, who knows..................

As to the premise of the article (the original post). Couldn't agree more mate - I wrote a thread on this subject myself a few months back (find it HERE: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=239935.0) and provoked more than a few arguments. But I still stand by what I said AND by what this poster says - 1:) Fergie IS getting more and more paranoid and furious (and bitter that we're back almost) as we get on their tail and just STAY there, not falling away through losing to small teams like Arsenal have, or losing our touch in the 'big' matches (as Chelsea have) but we're still there through it all, outrageous refereeing decisions, public abuse from Fergie, attempts by the managers, commentators and media outlets on his payroll to destabilise us furiously;

Yes, they've been there for the past 20 years ever since Fergie got his grubby mits on the League title and/or got near it before 1993, all these things but now we see the truth don't we? All along, THIS is what Fergie's been afraid of, THIS is what all his abuse of/control of media, referees etc have been established for gradually, to make it as hard as possible for US to do to them what they've done to us since 1992. Back then, although we didn't see it, there was a red monster shaping in our wingmirror, gearing up, finding the ignition, learning how to break down teams that 'park the bus' (yes it gave THEM problems to once), overcome refereeing decisions and thus dominate (and win) League Title race after League Title race in a way that WE pioneered. Does this sound familiar yet? Guess WHO the Red Monster was back then and WHO was at the controls? Now? The situations reversed, it's US steamrollering towards THEM with all the force of our history, our fans and sheer, naked DESIRE on our side and Fergie can see this - you see the greatest weakness of his and United's position is that they've ALWAYS, even now been playing catch-up to OUR Totals at home and in Europe, and doesn't Ferguson and all of 'them' hate it? Just ONE League Title for us would have rendered ALL of his efforts useless other than getting to within TWO league titles of us and yet it hasn't happened and gradually, they've eaten up the gap, built up their hopes along with those of their mad Manager so much so that right now, right on the brink of success in his REAL aim (dethroning us from the 'Most Successful' throne at home), imagine how paranoid they must be to suddenly turn around and see guess what? Yep, the same Red Monster they thought they'ed destroyed years ago, sitting there, waiting to pounce and it doesn't matter if we do it this season OR next - they'll STILL not have overtaken us- we WILL win the title in 1 of the next 2 (3 at the most) Years and reduce all Ferguson's efforts to dust under Rafa'. Why? Because we've found the one thing we've needed since Dalglish abandoned ship in '91 - a true manager who in terms of humility as all else could probably give Fergie lessons, we've found a successsor to that magical line of 80's and 70's managers who bestrode football in England and Europe like giants - we found Rafa' and now HE is at the wheel of OUR Red Monster and there's NOTHING that Ferguson and Manchester can do to stop it.

And what's more? they know it to. They've shot their bolt - this is their last desperate flash in the dark just, it's the end of their dynasty, not so much crumbling, more dissolving as ours did in 1991 - their players are still individual stars of the highest quality as ever but their ability as a TEAM has gone down immensely since last season and what's more I think the Credit Crunch may affect their ability to bring in badly needed midfield reinforcements (and where are WE strongest?) United are to tired, tired from 20 years of chasing us and not overtaking, tired from all the worry that one day we WOULD wake up and establish NEW records and they're knackered from both the paranoia AND the strength required to hold us off now that we HAVE awoken. If it's taking all their strength to hold us off NOW, what do you think can happen next season from the START? With us in the kind of mood we've been in this season since March began. IF we don't win it this year (and like the OLD Liverpool - the REAL Liverpool; Rafa's side won't concede the prize until the final whistle in May), then we WILL win it next, why? Because you've seen it this year for yourselves, we have the belief now, we have that much vaunted quality of 'experiencing' a title race (a ding-dong 'you take top spot, no we'll have it back' battle no less), we have a team, players and managers so hungry for the title (as United were in 1992) that they'd probably put the Halloween series to shame by how much blood they'd spill for it if necessary. Most of all? We've proven it to ourselves, we've cracked the psychological barriers one by one this season, we've beaten nay BATTERED all comers for much of the season in many different competitons, lower sides? destroyed (ala Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton to name but 3), the best dissected (Chelsea, United, Real Madrid, Villa etc), Parking the bus? (still a little problem but one that games against Boro', Blackburn, Sunderland, Bolton and United themselves have shown we CAN break down when we put our minds to it this season), away from home? (we've won at Goodison, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, drawn at the Emirates and wrote a book on how to play football with our B team in DESTROYING Newcastle in December). Oh yes, I nearly forgot, spectacular comebacks have been on the menu to (Wigan 1 - 2 ahead at Anfield? No problem, Worried about 0 - 2 down at Man City? Not a chance, 0 - 1 down at OT in a summit meeting? Phased by it? Don't make me laugh). We've conquered all our demons this season, one by one as listed above, we've picked up points over the whole season and against nearly everyone, we've engaged in 'mind games' with Fergie and if not winning, we certainly haven't rolled over and lost as Keegan did all those years ago (Did Newcastle batter United in their own backyard and take top spot back from them what 5? 6 times in the run in with a possible 7th tommorrow (fingers crossed) during the 1996 race? Thought not).

Basically, ladies and gents. In terms of form, goals scored, points gained over time at this moment IN time we ARE the best side in England - however many scabby 1 - 0's, 2 - 1's or 3 - 2's those b*stards from OT scab in crucial games. You can't win titles repeatedly that way - remember Houllier? And they know it, why do you think their fans are mirroring their manager and cooking in their own bile and venom at present - they KNOW that the Anfield Juggernaut is not just drawing level with that from Old Trafford as it tries to pull ahead on a creaky engine driven by a vexed, cursing, purple faced Scotsman with the finish line in sight - oh no, said Anfield Juggernaut is getting ready to ram the Old Trafford bandwagon off the road and into a ditch permanently whilst driven by the smiling assassin Rafa' Benitez and best of all? There's nothing Fergie and the Manc' hordes can do to stop it bar watch as it happens.

I think however the season ends now, We've convinced ourselves we're the best - and THAT is the hardest barrier of all to clear, the one that United could NOT clear for 26 years until 1993. Now? All that remains is to go out and show the rest of this league that we ARE the best. And we're well capable of that. The original poster was right in his statement but wrong in his analogy - there are indeed alarm bells blaring out our intentions to the world loud and clear but their not so much those proclaiming a new event or the advent of a new power as those proclaiming a cataclysm as that's what we're going to do to the Premier League and the cosy little Man Utd 'Clique' helping them stay at the top (his ex players as managers, his support from shite like Allardyce and even the likes of Wenger supporting him in the title race? None of it will matter before long and as to Ferguson? I'm not sorry for him, not at all, it's loooooooong past time HE was knocked off his perch and who better to do it than us? Truly , the side he loves above all others? No wonder the man's bitter, I would be to if I'd done all he did and now saw THIS coming in the near future to crush my legacy underfoot - and you know what? We will to - Believe me, when Rafa' retires, few will remember Alex Ferguson and his one-time quest to overtake our records, Rafa' will see to that.

Ferguson knows all this of course and you know what hurts him the most? It's that WHEN all this happens (and it will) he'll be powerless to stop it - having been long retired. How that must gall him, working all that time, doing all he's done and now seeing it threatened by the one manager he'd NEVER want near anything like that and best of all? We only need to win the league once in the next couple of years, and we will - I'm sure of that now, we will win it within the next 3 years and Fergie's quest to overshadow us will join his job in history. It couldn't happen to a nicer hard drinking, Taggart clone could it? I'll end by saying I am NOT sorry Mr Ferguson, not at all - goodbye and good riddance when you go. Hope you enjoy your retirement knowing that you tried so hard to achieve your goal and it was all in vain............................................

Post of the season mate.

Brightonian

When Steve mentioned girly weeping and schoolyard fury, he was actually talking about the RAWK posters...

Legendz

You look at their team, and it's impossible to see them finishing in the top 5 without officials on their side - I haven't seen them all, of course, but I'm not convinced they'd be in the top half of the table this season without the refs as they are. I'd have to examine footage of various games to get some sort of idea.
From that Villa thread.

SteveJ

Scout
Coming soon from Fox Sports ~ Naked Desire: The Liverbird rises from the Ashes.

Excerpt:

Deep within his crypt, Count Fergie is busy throwing money at Mike Riley when a dark shadow falls against the whiskey-stained walls. "Who is it?" he squeals.

"'Tis I, Brendan the Giantkiller!"

"Oh, you must be from Oldham," said The Ferg.

"Aww, don't be mean..." said Brendan, and he began to cry.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's the old RAWK dilemma.

RAWK Poster: "Their squad is so shit, poorest United squad ever. I swear we are as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. But they are 1st in the league, Ferguson must be a genius. Considering they are so shit"

RAWK Poster : "Na, mate Fergie is shit. He's tactically so naive"

Sensible Thought : "Well, how can they have a shit squad and a shit manager and still be 1st in the league?"

RAWK Poster: "Because The PL is piss poor. Poorest league in the world. I swear if you look at our team we're as good as them."

Sensible Thought : "Erm. We're 8th mate, they are 1st."

RAWK Poster: "Yeah, but that's because of the refs ain't it."

Youngie

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that Villa/Machedaaaaaaa! thread...
Can someone dig up their take on our Home game V Spurs a few weeks later, (25/4/09)..
The Twats still had aspirations of a Title, especially when Spuds went 2 0 up, however we stormed back (via a contentious Pen) to win 5 2 with Rooney Ronaldo Tevez and Berba tearing the Yids a new Hole......
Should be some Gold in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.