RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - AMad year

Kingofwinners

I thought the refereeing made a difference in all the European games. Seemed to flow a bit more and not give crazy soft frees etc.

Von Mistelroum

Hmm just watched the highlights, and the scouse had a LOT of good chances just waking through their defence. I feel like they can turn this around...bloody hope not though!

thisisnottaken1

We and Newcastle performed horribly (especially us, it was a catastrophic failure) but Arsenal held Bayern to a draw so mentioning them in in the same breath as the other two is silly. And let’s not forget that last season in the Champions League, Liverpool lost 5-2 at home to Real Madrid.

brian017

I can’t believe they’re blaming pieces of fabric for the poor atmosphere. They protested against a 2% increase in ticket prices by not bringing their usual flags on the Kop.

If you need pieces of fabric to get you up for a game and generate a decent atmosphere, that’s pathetic. Their YWNA mantra also rings hollow. See the treatment Karius got and fans leaving in their droves last night.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
We and Newcastle performed horribly (especially us, it was a catastrophic failure) but Arsenal held Bayern to a draw so mentioning them in in the same breath as the other two is silly. And let’s not forget that last season in the Champions League, Liverpool lost 5-2 at home to Real Madrid.
Arsenal looked worse against Bayern than Heidenheim did on the weekend (at least in the second half, let's ignore Heidenheim's first half for the sake of this argument please :lol: ), so that wasn't exactly impressive. But besides that nitpicking, yes Arsenal is doing a good job in the CL this season and certainly looks better than Liverpool does in the EL.

And I actually don't think you were worse than Newcastle. That they couldn't beat this weak Dortmund side is ridiculous (same goes for Milan)

RedRocket9908

And I actually don't think you were worse than Newcastle. That they couldn't beat this weak Dortmund side is ridiculous (same goes for Milan)
Anyone can lose to anyone in European competition these days, Liverpool have lost to Union Saint-Gilloise, Toulose, and Atalanta this season while we lost to Copenhagen and Galatasaray.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

I reckon this is a taste of things to come post-Klopp. Imo, the current Liverpool side is relatively poor and Klopp actually has them over-performing this season. I feel there'll be a massive drop off next season unless they get very lucky with their new manager.

Rojofiam

Most of these accounts love to farm impressions with terrible, provocative takes

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I live in Dublin. I know several Liverpool supporters who were greatly looking forward to seeing their beloved's winning a trophy in Dublin!.They weren't getting tickets they were planning on watching it in Croke Park a huge GAA stadium which is being used as a fanzone.
Quiet lads today.

Last edited:

LDUred

Liverpool can look so vulnerable to counter attacks.

They had most of the ball against Atalanta but they were punished for pushing their line.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Liverpool can look so vulnerable to counter attacks.

They had most of the ball against Atalanta but they were punished for pushing their line.
Atalanta manager is Gasperini and he's been around quite some time.
He played a very high line pressing VVD and the back four and they just didn't know how to overcome it except for a few instances.
Klopp too couldn't change anything in the second half except introduce his stars but tactics remained the same.

ShinjiNinja26

I live in Dublin. I know several Liverpool supporters who were greatly looking forward to seeing their beloved's winning a trophy in Dublin!.They weren't getting tickets they were planning on watching it in Croke Park a huge GAA stadium which is being used as a fanzine.
Quiet lads today.
They love getting ahead of themselves that lot. I remember Klopp telling supporters to book up Istanbul for the following years final after they lost to Real Madrid. The arrogance is incredible, although it makes it all the more sweeter when it blows up in their faces.

LDUred

Atalanta manager is Gasperini and he's been around quite some time.
He played a very high line pressing VVD and the back four and they just didn't know how to overcome it except for a few instances.
Klopp too couldn't change anything in the second half except introduce his stars but tactics remained the same.
It was noticeable how well-organized their forward line was in pressing as a unit - Pasalic, De Ketelaere have a high work rate.

Liverpool can be a bit predictable at times in the way they shift the ball as Bruno showed the other week.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
They love getting ahead of themselves that lot. I remember Klopp telling supporters to book up Istanbul for the following years final after they lost to Real Madrid. The arrogance is incredible, although it makes it all the more sweeter when it blows up in their faces.
Quite.Pride comes before a fall is an old saying.Must never have been heard on Merseyside.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
It was noticeable how well-organized their forward line was in pressing as a unit - Pasalic, De Ketelaere have a high work rate.

Liverpool can be a bit predictable at times in the way they shift the ball as Bruno showed the other week.
Absolutely. They are very predictable.They play to a system.They stick to the system.
Most of the time it works.

Oscar Bonavena

Not that we were going to get it but these results reduce the chances of 5th getting UCL.
You're right we ain't gonna get 5th anyway, but even if we did, avoiding a Scousefest in my country's capital city would be almost worth it for me!

I think the Irish Liverpool fans are more gutted by the result than the actual Scousers!

Oscar Bonavena

They have, but that was at Anfield. Against an exceptionally flimsy away from home Barcelona.

This is a nightmare set up for them as they'll have to field their best team with no guarantee it'll turn it round.

But yes I'm not 100% taking it as over yet. But it's almost there.
Much different line ups on both sides I'm sure but they beat Atalanta 5-0 away a few years ago, so they'll think they can turn it around.

If they managed to take a 2 goal lead it's game on, but hopefully Atalanta are competent enough to finish the job.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
To be fair i think it's just motivational pep talk. Abit overboard i know

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
This is the RAWK thread, discuss Liverpool somewhere else, please.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gentleman, I shall be sitting here for a while.