Reaction

Im1985

"Twice in the opening eleven minutes, Filippo
Liverpool played the better football all day. We barely strung together 4-5 passes the whole match, and let them get away with playing it about for minutes on end. Never really looked like scoring (though Liverpool still lack killer instinct - not _that_ many clear chances for them). You can analyse it this way and that, but until we sort out our midfield, we can't consistently challenge the top sides.

Didn't help that by the end of the match our midfield consisted of 3 wingers and a striker.

That was really gut-wrenching watching Smith lying there and wondering wtf was wrong. Hope he gets better soon.

OH - And where the hell was Fletcher? I actually didnt' see him at all the whole game, until he came off.

Justin

Fletcher was there. More noticeable than Richardson and Giggs when they were in the middle.

paulthesinger

still i think its an ok result!
our priority just has to be champions league football next season, so we just secure 2nd place and strengthen the midfield big time in the summer
it would have been nice to be in 3 consecutive finals though!
anyway liverpool are in for a triple failure i guess

Ringo 07

paulthesinger said:
our priority just has to be champions league football next season, so we just secure 2nd place and strengthen the midfield big time in the summer

Shoudnt we have done that last summer or even the year before that?

Justin

Ringo 07 said:
Shoudnt we have done that last summer or even the year before that?
Should have spent the Vidic and Evra money on the midfield.

paulthesinger

Im1985 said:
I think paulthesinger was trying to imply that it's good that we lost, so we can concentrate on the league. But yes, you're right, it was closer than it might have been.
thats exactly what i was saying. i admit i was trying to cheer myself up..but you must admit liverpool are going to have incredible fixture congestion. we just need to ensure we're in the cl next year
it would be a disaster if we weren't

redpie

The game went as I expected.
They would be more up for it generally after the Gary Neville stuff; have the crowd behind them, be first to the ball but not play much football.
The United central midfield would struggle physically, our defence would play like strangers and Liverpool would play a lot of long ball to Crouch,maybe nick a goal, shut up shop, waste time and see out the game.

Midfield

Red
Liverpool midfielders were so dominant in the game and I think that Fletcher and Richie is so quiet last night, meanwhile Giggs and Ronaldo are the only one who consistently threat Pool's defense from the midfield.