Ready made Speech for Ole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

Would any modern manager do this? Keegan may be a punchline a lot of the time, but he was one of a kind.

What I love about that is no blame, takes full responsibility and doesn’t try to pull on peoples heartstring. Remember the last bit, doesn’t try to pull on peoples heartstrings to make people feel sympathy or guilty etc and keep that in mind if ever someone decides to write an open letter in the near or distant future.

U.N.C.L.E

I recall that interview very well.

Sir Alex was living rent-free in Keegan’s head - to me, what it showed was a manager who had lost the mind game and was running on emotion and not logic.

AFC NimbleThumb

From a reasoned perspective, many years later everything he said there was too class. That’s a man who loves his country & has respect for the position. The Solskjær loves United’ b*llocks needs to stop, his priority is his own career.

I recall that interview very well.

Sir Alex was living rent-free in Keegan’s head - to me, what it showed was a manager who had lost the mind game and was running on emotion and not logic.
Huh? That’s Keegan at England.

Stig

That was honest and quality from Kevin Keegan.

predator

Youth NITK
I've never seen that Keegan interview, thanks for sharing.

What a class way to go. I'm 27 so never watched him as a player but he won the Ballon d'or twice. He must've been some player.

I, incorrectly, assumed that Ole would resign if he realised he wasn't up to it but it's clear as day he isn't and he is still manager. There is the financial aspect I suppose but surely the club have some sort of clause in managers contracts which lessens the financial loss when sacking after such poor results?

AFC NimbleThumb

I've never seen that Keegan interview, thanks for sharing.

What a class way to go. I'm 27 so never watched him as a player but he won the Ballon d'or twice. He must've been some player.

I, incorrectly, assumed that Ole would resign if he realised he wasn't up to it but it's clear as day he isn't and he is still manager. There is the financial aspect I suppose but surely the club have some sort of clause in managers contracts which lessens the financial loss when sacking after such poor results?
So let’s say he does stand to lose some money. We’ve multiple matchgoers on here who say they’re role as United fans is to support the club & manager because it’s in the best interest of the club. Ole apparently ‘gets’ the club & its fans but is potentially persisting in the role for personal gain.

If Ole loved the club as much as he tells us he does & his supporters claim he does then whenever he leaves surely he’d do so with his love for the club in mind, no? What is clear now surely is that Ole is in this for Ole, he isn’t leaving because he knows he’s getting nothing like this ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.