Realistic swap deals for Pogba?

jamesjimmybyrondean

We are definitely not getting our money back for Pogba and the big clubs are not willing to spend much cash. So if we were to entertain the idea of a swap deal which player(realistically) from interested clubs would be a good addition?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd swap for Varane. Real wouldn't though.

I'd probably swap him for Ronaldo too. Ronnie will need to come down on Pogba wages though.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'd swap for Varane. Real wouldn't though.

I'd probably swap him for Ronaldo too. Ronnie will need to come down on Pogba wages though.
There's no need for Ronaldo to drop wages. We're essentially topping up money to replace a non performing player with a striker that gets us 30 goals easily.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm sure Aston Villa would take him, straight swap with Grealish

Seriously though Pogba would only probably want a move to either Juve or Real and there's no one at either I would want (that would want to come here anyway)

Nico87

Juve will offer us Ramsey but we’ll turn them down and mino will throw a hissy fit.

cyberman

I wouldnt swap him. Nobody that can afford him has a player of high enough quality thst we need to play behind Bruno.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Cold hard cash to pay off some debt please. Like Ronaldo 09. We can sign a West Brom CM to replace him.

Ludens the Red

Only Real, Juve and PSG are the options.
And with that Odegaard, Kroos, Hazard, Isco from Real? Last three not at the peak
Of their powers but neither is Pogba.
Dybala from Juve, although we already know he’s not so keen. De Ligt?
PSG have feck all to offer..Wouldn’t take anyone from them that isn’t Neymar or Mbappe.

binary bot
I think there'll be a decent market for him at around 40-60m. Swap deals always feel like a compromise on who you take in return. Go for the money and get someone who fits exactly what we need - a skillset similar to Carrick.

Teja

Juve: De Ligt seems like he's doing good again after an iffy first season, so I'd swap if they're up for it.

RM: Don't think there's a swap deal on, they wouldn't want to let go of any players we might want (Vini, Hazard, Varane, Casemiro -- limited to Wingers, CM, CB because those are our weaknesses)

PSG: Beyond the big two + Veratti, who would we want from there? They won't swap any of those 3 for Pogba. Given the economic troubles the middle east is in, it'd send a bad political message if they splash out on football players. I think this is pretty unlikely.

Barca: They have more to offer, I think we'd be interested in Dembele, Fati and Dest (right age profile + position requirements) and they might be tempted by the prospect of Pogba at his peak.

Chelsea: This will be really interesting - they're not afraid to pony up the cash for PL players and Kante + Pogba is a great midfield duo. Havertz hasn't really worked out for them. Maybe they'd be willing to just straight up pay 70-80m. Don't really see the difference between Chelsea and us from Pogba's perspective. Still top four aspirations, very limited CL win chances. I think he'd rather see out his contract and go be a part of the rebuild effort at one of the spanish clubs.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We'll likely have to pay cash as well, but I'd take Marquinhos or de Ligt. A straight swap for Casemiro would be logical for us, but not Madrid.

Web of Bissaka

Is Ronaldo even interested in getting back here?

1. Won everything in England.
2. Our team is not that strong to win CL... let alone the PL yet.
3. Our club is not really motivated to be the best top team #1.. let alone best top 5 teams.

I think his main motivations is CL, so he can have greater proof to win another BD'R, while constant league sweeping winning will also solidify that. Not surprising he chose Juve in the first place, other than the fact they can and are willing to splash high wages. Doubt Bayern is willing. Ronaldo is too ambitious to even consider us.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I bet we swap him for Douglas Costa or something crap like that.

nmm85

In seriousness it wouldn't be a bad footballing move to swap him with Sancho (plus cash). He'd do well in that team. Although I guess wages would be a sticking point.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That Uruguayan midfielder at Real looked quite good the few times I’ve seen them in the champions league. I’d take him and Ødegaard in a swap deal for the show pony.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Only Real, Juve and PSG are the options.
And with that Odegaard, Kroos, Hazard, Isco from Real? Last three not at the peak
Of their powers but neither is Pogba.
Dybala from Juve, although we already know he’s not so keen. De Ligt?
PSG have feck all to offer..Wouldn’t take anyone from them that isn’t Neymar or Mbappe.
De ligt is a Raiola client.

Pogba plus money for Mbappe wouldnt be a bad shout, we could avoid Raiola client Haaland and have just as good a player. Not sure if Mbappe would even want to come though

Devil may care

There are only 3 genuine destinations in my view, I don't see us letting him go to another PL team and I doubt Barca are interested. De Ligt is a Raiola player so forget him, and this Ronnie fantasy needs to end imo.

Real Madrid - Valverde or Odegaard
Juventus - Bentancur
PSG - Marquinhos

L1nk

We shouldn't be swapping for any players because they are unlikely to actually want to play for us.

Matthew84!

There are only 3 genuine destinations in my view, I don't see us letting him go to another PL team and I doubt Barca are interested. De Ligt is a Raiola player so forget him, and this Ronnie fantasy needs to end imo.

Real Madrid - Valverde or Odegaard
Juventus - Bentancur
PSG - Marquinhos
My god, wouldn't want any of those players, best off just selling him to psg, they aren't short on money,