Realistic transfer targets whose price wont be affected by the world cup

EvilChuck

Alot often gets said in world cup year about players value increasing if they have a good tournament. But there will be alot of players whose value wont increase, for the reason that they will not be at the world cup, or may not get alot of games if any at the tournament.

Modric is the first most obvious one. He is a player that gets mentioned alot as a potential transfer target, and he wont be at the world cup.

Milner is another that has had a few stories about him recently regarding a transfer to United, and although he will surely be at the world cup, the amount of playing time he gets may not be enough to have an influence on his transfer fee.

Any other players that should be included in this list?

beardsleybob

Plenty of quality players that aren't gona play in South Africa:

Rodwell
Akinfeev
Dzeko
Defour
Jovetic

Name Changed

weso26
I'm really starting to like Pastore. Unfortunately his price will probably soar after the World Cup.

Lukaku would be a decent shout. And Alexi Sanchez.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I want a midfielder. We have enough young wingers and young forwards so I don't see us getting any more. Modric is the one. I'd love to have him in our midfield. He is exactly what we need. Someone with creativity, vision and who can score a goal. We haven't had a creative midfielder since Scholes moved back into the "Pirlo role". Don't think for one minute that it will happen. Especially if Spurs get into the top 4. They'd want a ridiculous fee.
We'll probably be signing more 18-20 year "one for the future" type players.

Devil may care

Is Jovetic that unrealistic? he plays for a team that wont be in the CL, he is 20 years old and has shown quality in both Serie A and the CL but can also develop further. He seems to tick most of the boxes in the Fergie/Gill transfer strategy, except of course that he'd cost £25M or so.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Imagine if we had the twins, Hargreaves and Jovetic playing at the same time.

fecking hell, that'd be some fearsome hairdo quartet.

Longlivekeano

I think Fergie will go English again. I reckon he will boost our central midfield since Giggsy and Scholsey are on their last legs. Hargreaves is Hargreaves. And Carrick has extreme dips in form. Only Fletcher is there ready, fit and on form most of the time.

Realistic Options include
1) James Milner (I think we will be overly charged maybe 20-22 million pounds) just like how we only signed Carrick for 17 million after 1 good season for Spurs

2) Defour from Belgium could be another.

ntripunovski

Vucinic
Jovetic
Akinfeev
Diego Alves (brazilian GK in Almeria)
Pandev ;)
Modric
Srna
Salihovic
Dzeko
Pjanic
Misimovic
Ibisevic

ntripunovski

hmmm I dont know.. He is not proven yet... And what can I say... For this ex-yu players I can guarantee a succses :)

vuc

First Team Serb
Neither Pjanic or Salihovic have proven themselves much over Kacar - Though in fairness they have done more in Europe. All are young and all need to prove themselves. All of Ex-Yu is playing in Italy lately :lol:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
In just over a month I reckon we'll know everyone we're going to sign.