Realistically, who have money to buy Mbappe?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Rumours are that he wants over 30 mil euros per year and that PSG would sell him for 200 mil.
So who can afford that in this covid era? 200 mil fee, lets say 5 years contract is another 150 mil plus signing on fee and agent are around 50 mil surely. It is bloody 400 mil deal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Real Madrid if they secure governmental backing (more or less) or City. But he's only got a year left on his deal, so could leave on a free next year.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You’d be surprised what Levy has tucked away in his cheese room

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
This window... I guess nobody if psg will hold out for that much money

Five months later though anybody can sign him on a bosman/ pre contract

So probably
Real, barca, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, juve even bayern could easily afford his wages

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
According to RAWK Liverpool can afford him and still have change left over for a new CB and MF.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, that is funniest rumour. Media also pushing that story. I mean...Liverpool?? They have limit on wages and not to mention that small thing about 200mil

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
What do PSG do if it gets to mid August and he hasnt signed a new contract?

He can talk to other clubs in Jan 2022.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do PSG do if it gets to mid August and he hasnt signed a new contract?

He can talk to other clubs in Jan 2022.
Nothing, he wouldn't be the first player to do that(Coman, Rabiot and Ibrahimovic among others) and unlike some of them Mbappé has a lot more clout in France so they can't treat him poorly.

Mr Smith

This summer, no one. Pandemic has affected every club's finances, even the oil clubs need to exercise restraint to at least appear that they're complying with financial fair play. Don't see why Mbappe would be in a rush to leave either, his dream move to Madrid doesn't look so dreamy these days, and England will be a better option in future seasons.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Interesting that Sir Alex met with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi yesterday?

Clearly it's business related, he wouldn't go for no reason.

Toad

Maybe Sir Alex gave him a spanking for handing City a Champions League Final.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
No chance anyone pays 200 million for him after Covid and when he can be signed for free a year later.

But if anyone were to pay up, I don't see other clubs than City being able to.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I don’t think he’s really involved in business like that for the club. I imagine it’s just the fact they were in Manchester and he’s such a prestigious figure they wanted to meet him so organised a bit of hospitality for him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don’t think he’s really involved in business like that for the club. I imagine it’s just the fact they were in Manchester and he’s such a prestigious figure they wanted to meet him so organised a bit of hospitality for him.
Maybe he wants to manage PSG next season :cool:

dal

If he leaves on a free I’ll be shocked.

The way some of these representatives treated UEFA with threats, who knows what maybe said.

Tallis

If Madrid can offload Bale, it basically crates room for wages. I don’t think it will need €200mm. Probably €100-150mm given limited contractual years left and COVID. Do teams still have to pay sign on fee if you’re not signing the player as a free agent (I always thought that was the case). In short, I think he is Madrid bound.

JPRouve

Scout
If Madrid can offload Bale, it basically crates room for wages. I don’t think it will need €200mm. Probably €100-150mm given limited contractual years left and COVID. Do teams still have to pay sign on fee if you’re not signing the player as a free agent (I always thought that was the case). In short, I think he is Madrid bound.
Teams never have to pay sign on fee but players will generally want them and it can be the difference between signing the player or seeing him pick someone else.

Apparently they're friends and both into horsey related business.

I'm pretty sure it's not about Mbappe.

Hughes35

Can only see him at Madrid to be honest. He will be a massive hit for them.

UpWithRivers

If he wont sign a contract then PSG would be mad not to take 90/100 mill for him or else he will just leave for free. Same problem we have with Pogba. 60/70 mill and we would have to take it. So in that case the usual suspects - Man City, United, Real, Barca, Chelsea etc could do it

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This window... I guess nobody if psg will hold out for that much money

Five months later though anybody can sign him on a bosman/ pre contract

So probably
Real, barca, City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, juve even bayern could easily afford his wages
He's not going on bosman. Far too big for bosman.

I think. It's some kind of unwritten agreement not to use bosman on high profile player

Lastwolf

If he wont sign a contract then PSG would be mad not to take 90/100 mill for him or else he will just leave for free. Same problem we have with Pogba. 60/70 mill and we would have to take it. So in that case the usual suspects - Man City, United, Real, Barca, Chelsea etc could do it
They don't need the money, cashing in at any point doesn't really matter when you can dope your accounts with a 200mil cheese board sponsor and UEFA smile and nod back.

Jericholyte2

If he didn't sign a new contract then PSG wouldn't have much of a choice in the matter. Would happily give them a 40-50m signing bonus and a big wage, you'd still end up saving considering what you didn't pay in a transfer fee.

redrobed

The whole thing seems like he’s issuing a ‘come get me’ plea to us.

Refusing to sign a contract. Manager citing ‘injury’ as the reason he’s not playing. And now Sir Fergie meeting their president. This would go a long way towards an apology from the Glazers

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If he didn't sign a new contract then PSG wouldn't have much of a choice in the matter. Would happily give them a 40-50m signing bonus and a big wage, you'd still end up saving considering what you didn't pay in a transfer fee.
Exactly - he can sign a pre contract with somebody in 9 months ... as you say probably a huge signing on bonus with it as well - call it 45m (the middle of your figures) - hes basically earning a million a week by not signing a new contract with PSG (on top of his already big and no douby about to get bigger wages)

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe all potentially available for free within a year (and haaland with a low buy out clause becoming active) - arguably the top 5 players in the world for something like £50 million in transfer fees (ar about the same as Fred cost) ... unprecidented times and perhaps a sign that the transfer market is changing and players hold more power than they used to

Boavista

The whole thing seems like he’s issuing a ‘come get me’ plea to us.

Refusing to sign a contract. Manager citing ‘injury’ as the reason he’s not playing. And now Sir Fergie meeting their president. This would go a long way towards an apology from the Glazers
That's very far-fetched. There's no way Poch wouldn't play Mbappe in a CL semi final just because he hasn't signed a new contract. And PSG's owners want that trophy, so they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like that.

dinostar77

He's been house hunting in madrid according to Spainish press. Whether 'we are skint and ESL will save us' perez will pay up for him is a different matter.

redrobed

That's very far-fetched. There's no way Poch wouldn't play Mbappe in a CL semi final just because he hasn't signed a new contract. And PSG's owners want that trophy, so they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like that.
Completely agree Poch wouldn’t willingly not pick him for such a big game. But if I was Mbappe and I knew PSG were stopping me from signing for Utd I would just say I’m not playing then - I think the refusal to play is being driven by him rather than Poch.

Boavista

Completely agree Poch wouldn’t willingly not pick him for such a big game. But if I was Mbappe and I knew PSG were stopping me from signing for Utd I would just say I’m not playing then - I think the refusal to play is being driven by him rather than Poch.
You think Mbappe would refuse to play in a semifinal because PSG won't let him go to United? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. What player would sabotage their own achievements like that?

JPRouve

Scout
Mbappé injured himself during the first game against City. There is nothing else to say about it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He's not going on bosman. Far too big for bosman.

I think. It's some kind of unwritten agreement not to use bosman on high profile player
If no one is offering enough for PSG to let him go this summer, and he does not sign a new contract, he will go as a free agent. Would not be the first time that this happened, it for example was the same with Lewandowski to Bayern - BVB did not accept offers, so they had to let him go on a free when his contract ended.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If no one is offering enough for PSG to let him go this summer, and he does not sign a new contract, he will go as a free agent. Would not be the first time that this happened, it for example was the same with Lewandowski to Bayern - BVB did not accept offers, so they had to let him go on a free when his contract ended.
What comes after will forever changed football.

Mbappe on a free. Imagine how much wages he'd command

Bwuk

He's not coming here. Let's behave ourselves.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Exactly - he can sign a pre contract with somebody in 9 months ... as you say probably a huge signing on bonus with it as well - call it 45m (the middle of your figures) - hes basically earning a million a week by not signing a new contract with PSG (on top of his already big and no douby about to get bigger wages)

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe all potentially available for free within a year (and haaland with a low buy out clause becoming active) - arguably the top 5 players in the world for something like £50 million in transfer fees (ar about the same as Fred cost) ... unprecidented times and perhaps a sign that the transfer market is changing and players hold more power than they used to
I doubt clubs these days would be willing to pay 1m per week for a player, unless there’s huge commercial revenue they could generate from the player. 1m per week wage is over 50m spending a year, 4 years contract would cost 200m. Plus other players may ask for bigger pay rise too. And it all adds up to heavy debts most clubs are suffering too in COVID market. Also, there almost no resell value if the players doesn’t turn out as good as expected in future (ie Bale), due to very high wage.