Music Recommend a Radio Station

Parma Dewol

Which radio stations are really rather good?

I normally just find a Spotify playlist, but the other half likes to have the radio on when she wakes up in the morning, and we're struggling to find a station that we like.

We've tried BBC Radio 2 on and off, but there's too much promotion of what's on BBC TV (which we tend not to watch), and personally I don't enjoy the news broadcast every half hour. It's usually extremely depressing stuff that ends on a whimsical note - many people have died somewhere, there's an ecological disaster somewhere else, it's snowing in some remote part of the country that you'll never visit, there's traffic hundreds of miles from home, and in other news, a cat climbed a tree and kissed a pigeon.

Dawned on me that we listen via TuneIn, meaning we have access to an entire world of broadcasts, most of which we've never heard of. So what's good out there? In the morning in particular it would be nice to having something upbeat, with a good variety of music, uplifting commentary, interesting subjects to discuss, or anything else that could contribute to a nice start to the day.

Also handy that the speaker lets us set different alarms for different days. So if there's a station that's particularly brilliant, say, on a Friday morning, that can be factored in quite easily.

Any recommendations?

Parma Dewol

Radio Paradise on internet radio
Thanks for the suggestion! We've had Radio Paradise on every morning this week, and so far it has been excellent. Perhaps not quite morning music as such - the station must be based in the States so it's more like drive home music - but the playlists are brilliant nonetheless. Great variety, no ads, no news, just good music. :)

We're going to try 6Music next week.

Parma Dewol

We've had 6Music on every morning this week, and though the music has been decent, we've not enjoyed it as much as Radio Paradise last week. The presenter keeps talking over the songs, the news every half hour is depressing, and though the music has been good, we thought the overall mix and variety was better on Radio Paradise.

Any other recommendations for next week? It's quite nice listening to different stations for a change and there must be plenty of great ones out there. I'm genuinely impressed at the quality of RP, given that it is commercial free.

RedMist99

Don't bother changing. 6 Music is the only station worth listening to.

Mary Anne Hobbs 10:30-13:00 then Shaun Keaveney 13:00-16:00 is fantastic

Parma Dewol

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems Radio Paradise has stopped working via TuneIn. Something to do with rights in the UK, I think, but whatever the case, the station's not working on our speakers anymore. Such a shame as we'd discovered some fantastic music from their playlists.

Can anyone suggest a similar station? Looking for lots of good music, no news bulletins every half hour and preferably no advertisements.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems Radio Paradise has stopped working via TuneIn. Something to do with rights in the UK, I think, but whatever the case, the station's not working on our speakers anymore. Such a shame as we'd discovered some fantastic music from their playlists.

Can anyone suggest a similar station? Looking for lots of good music, no news bulletins every half hour and preferably no advertisements.
I am getting this with a lot of radio stations on TuneIn lately. Try their website instead - https://radioparadise.com/player

I use Alexa for most radio shows and that seems to have figured out how to connect directly to them.