Recovery between games is our biggest enemy: can we ward off fatigue for the remainder of the season?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I’d love to see Mainoo get more game time and develop further under Ten Hag

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I’d love to see Mainoo get more game time and develop further under Ten Hag
He'll only get game time when the result is essentially done and dusted, he's not ready yet to start or play a substantial role

Rusholme Ruffian

Right, I've actually fully talked myself into this now. Give Maguire and Lindelof, McTom and Sabitzer, Garnacho, Sancho, Elanga etc game time in the FA and UEFA cups - giving them the opportunity to be actual key players in a potential cup win, rather than bit-part players could actually provide a lot of motivation. And have a proper go at the league title with the first 11 - who knows what might happen there.

However, I expect ETH probably has a better idea of how to manage the situation than I do. I mean, probably - not definitely.

nakpodiareuben

Rotation is key,we are probably going to be knocked out in one of the the competitions if we don't rotate. For instance against west ham in the FA cup a team of .
De gea,Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, MCTominey,Sabitzer, Sancho, Garnacho,Elanga is enough to scrap past Westham, we can call other players if need be.
I think it's better we make use of the whole squad and wobblein one of the competitions than use the first eleven and wobble in three of them due to fatigue.

This was what I was thinking. Our squad is not as bad as people make it sound. Mancity and all the clubs we refer here as models always play bad or suffer defeats when they change 3/2 players. Scotty, sabitzer, lindelof, Maguire, Malacia, Gernacho, sancho, Dalot/AWB have played a max of 90mins in the past 1 week. The only player I think is really overworked is Bruno. When Bruno does not play, the team just lack cohesion of any sort

Dannn411

No other option but to minimize intense training sessions and expand usage of the squad until we get back to one game per week.

cyril C

This was what I was thinking. Our squad is not as bad as people make it sound. Mancity and all the clubs we refer here as models always play bad or suffer defeats when they change 3/2 players. Scotty, sabitzer, lindelof, Maguire, Malacia, Gernacho, sancho, Dalot/AWB have played a max of 90mins in the past 1 week. The only player I think is really overworked is Bruno. When Bruno does not play, the team just lack cohesion of any sort
Protection list:-
Varane, Shaw, are injury prone, hence should be rested as often as possible.
Casemiro, Eriksen, are a little bit aging, should be rested every 2 weeks.
Bruno, Rashford, are simply over-played. Should start on the bench in less important games, can come in as impact sub.

Deserve more minutes:-
Malacia, Sancho, Scotty, Sabitzere, Gernacho, Dalot

I really can't see why Maguire + Lindelof should not start in FA games.

MoXoM

Wow - who would’ve thought that after our ropey start of the season, we would be concerned about rotating players due to us still competing in all competitions.

What a nice headache to have!

:D

Lecland07

I didn't say "he would get injured", I said him, Rashford, and Bruno basically have to start every game for us at the moment as the quality drops off massively if one of them is out. And it's optimistic to think none of those three will miss any games for the rest of the year, hence why we'll probably slip up at some point in one of our competitions. You proved my point by noting the games Casemiro was out, where we promptly got only 4 out of a possible 9 points in those 3 games :lol:
We got 7 points out of 9 in the games he missed from the red card; we only dropped two against Leeds. Leeds draw, Leeds win, Leicester win.