Redafe Champions League Draft - Snow v Fergus'son

Who will win based on players in their prime, team tactics, balance & bench strength?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Could be penalties, and we know how Terry gets on in those... Can someone put him out of his misery early?

Fergus' son

Guess not!

Gio, you left it late to vote but boy I'm glad you did!

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Gio :lol:

How do you guys want to do this? Anyway is good for me, we either ask a poster who hasn't voted to decide, or penos if you want to try that - not sure on it personally though!

Fergus' son

How would penaltys work out of interest and who are the suggestions for undecided voter?

Yeah, don't think I'm too fussed how we sort this out.

Well played cutch, was fun.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't like Ozil in this, and I prefer Fergus's midfield. Gallas at right back seems strange as well.
Pretty much same here. I am not biggest fan of Oezil, especially on the right, plus he is almost always quiet in big games, so to me he is probably weakest link in those two sides. Kaka and Ronaldinho are making up for it mind you.

Fergus'on has much stronger midfield duo IMO, and also more goals in his attack.

As for defences, I can't decide between two of those. Snow's CB pairing seems better, but I think Fergus'on has better fullbacks.

My vote goes to Fergus'son.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Oh feck it, started writing my post about an hour ago, and forgot about it.

Moby

Dick
I had an idea about doing the penalties last time out, but it was largely down to plain luck so wasn't followed.

Basically both the managers choose a neutral and send 5 direction choices each for the penalty taker and the GK, which means they have to choose either left, right or center and then we carry it out the same way penalties are.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
There we go then, that vote surely seals it - seems as fair a way as any.

Cheers for resolving this one Amar

Epic turnaround, thought the game was well and truly over when I made my vote!

Fergus' son

Is there any way of re-opening the poll to get a sudden death vote?
I'm good with this.

Pretty much same here. I am not biggest fan of Oezil, especially on the right, plus he is almost always quiet in big games, so to me he is probably weakest link in those two sides. Kaka and Ronaldinho are making up for it mind you.

Fergus'on has much stronger midfield duo IMO, and also more goals in his attack.

As for defences, I can't decide between two of those. Snow's CB pairing seems better, but I think Fergus'on has better fullbacks.

My vote goes to Fergus'son.
:)

Oh feck it, started writing my post about an hour ago, and forgot about it.
:)

Fergus' son

Whey, cheers Amar, and thanks theon for helping with my formation graphics etc.

Well played Cutch, it was fun and played in the right manner.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Amar in fergie time:lol: harsh on Snow, had the better team and better players imo

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
The penalty idea is silly IMO and would take a while.

If someone was willing to come forward and say they would make the deciding vote then that would have been the way to go, and Amar is no different to anyone else in that respect. He just didn't realise it was the decider.

I'm not arsed personally its not as if I am playing. If people think that was an unfair way then 1) why? 2) suggest an alternative

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Don't go harsh on me Cutch/Snow, didn't realise we're in injury time. :D
Anyway, I think I voted the right team.

You're welcome Fergus'son.

Fergus' son

Is there any way of re-opening the poll to get a sudden death vote?
Your idea mate, and the next person was Amar (who has indicated that he was supposed to vote earlier too).

I can't see myself opting to put myself to another random vote for no reason or figuring out a reasonable way to do penalties to be honest.

Fergus' son

The penalty idea is silly IMO and would take a while.

If someone was willing to come forward and say they would make the deciding vote then that would have been the way to go, and Amar is no different to anyone else in that respect. He just didn't realise it was the decider.

I'm not arsed personally its not as if I am playing. If people think that was an unfair way then 1) why? 2) suggest an alternative
Honestly think its fair, and I genuinely would say that even if I lost. We needed a deciding vote and it came pretty sharpish by someone who had intended to vote much earlier.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Your idea mate, and the next person was Amar (who has indicated that he was supposed to vote earlier too).

I can't see myself opting to put myself to another random vote for no reason or figuring out a reasonable way to do penalties to be honest.
Was trying to establish what our options were before we agree'd anything.

I'm easy but, i don't mind what you's do. I guess i'm only Snows right hand man at the end of the day. Speaking of which, where the heck is he

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sorry Cutch. I thought Schneider, especially after you made a case for him, should've come on to consolidate the lead, and the longer that didn't happen, the more I saw Fergus'son wrestling control of the midfield. Even though your team had a stronger array of star players.

Fergus' son

Sorry Cutch. I thought Schneider, especially after you made a case for him, should've come on to consolidate the lead, and the longer that didn't happen, the more I saw Fergus'son wrestling control of the midfield. Even though your team had a stronger array of star players.
I got the feeling you were waiting for that change and when it didn't come I decided to try and talk up my midfield control a bit more.

Moller seemed to really help me claw back some votes..

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Thanks to everyone who voted in this game - much appreciated!

39 is a really decent number of voters so hopefully we can keep that up for the whole draft :)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Aye well done Fergus' son. Gio and Amar are you Sheringham and Solskjaer

Fergus' son

Cheers people, it was the most anticipated game of the opening fixtures in case you haven't kept up with the draft thread, all because I said early on that i thought there were better picks than Gallas at RB!

As it turned out, I think Gallas did cost a few votes, and I think the whole Chelsea defensive cohesion thing would've been just as strong without him, but the chelsea back line was a great feature to have.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Crazy turnaround. Congrats Fergus'son.

How do you guys rate Möller? I was a bit surprised when Fergus'son picked him, tbh. Do you think he should have started ahead of Aimar?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Absolutely. Moller was the talisman of his club and national team during their successful period. A big game player and a winner. He should've started ahead of Aimar. Why did you surprise with the pick, Balu? Moller is hardly underrated.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Not sure, I always thought, he wasn't appreciated as much as he deserves, imo. Good to know it's different. I really really dislike him, though. What a crybaby.