Gaming RedCafe's Greatest Video Games Of All Time Contest (ROUND 3)

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
PC round will be tough played so many of them over the years. I have to find room for Deus Ex whatever happens.

Bosws87

What a game that first one was! I had a top end PC at the time and that opening sequence was incredible.
Best online game ever made in my hay day i was top 5 in Europe as a team on the biggest website that was Clanbase.

Must of wasted 6/7 years of my life playing that day in day out

Interesting fact about Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, the team that originally made that went on to become Infinity Ward that produced COD 4 and MW2 the pinnacle of the series they then left and joined EA (Respawn Entertainment) and also have produced the best Battle Royale to date in Apex Legends. Safe bet always following these developers still disappointed Titanfall never got the acclaim it deserved the movement and shooting of that game played like a dream it deserved so much more and is miles better then the modern day shooters people rave about now.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Question:

I was having a think earlier and am sightly of the opinion that handheld will not get that many votes when we get to that round.

Do people want to keep that round as handheld or would you guys prefer a second PC round as there are so many PC games?

I love handheld but this is not for me...

Let me know.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Having not being even remotely interested in owning a hand-held since the original Gameboy, I would vote for a second PC round.
Handheld would include anything that's played .. handheld!

So Gameboy, Game Gear, DS, PSP, Mobile phones etc (just not switch).

I would vote for Snakes as number 1 :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Question:

I was having a think earlier and am sightly of the opinion that handheld will not get that many votes when we get to that round.

Do people want to keep that round as handheld or would you guys prefer a second PC round as there are so many PC games?

Let me know.
Are you joking? There's a massive amount of handheld gems. If anything it should have two rounds. Farce if you don't even do one.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Are you joking? There's a massive amount of handheld gems. If anything it should have two rounds. Farce if you don't even do one.
Just trying to see the sentiment in here for handhelds. I thought I was the only one who liked them :lol:

I may leave it as it is then.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
PC’s attention should outweigh handheld’s by quite some distance.

Don’t listen to Alto. Nobody listens to Alto

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just trying to see the sentiment in here for handhelds. I thought I was the only one who liked them :lol:

I may leave it as it is then.
I sold my mega drive and bought a game gear. 2 weeks of the Terminator game and I sold it and bought another mega drive.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I don’t think we should have a pc round

The only game I’ve played on of is football manger over 10 years ago

Can I include stuff like Microsoft excel and Adobe acrobat?

Irwin99

I had tomb raider 1 on the Sega Saturn and it was great at the time and the atmosphere and music were top notch but looking at a few old videos on YT has made me feel it's aged quite badly. Some of the other classics of that generation are still very playable to this day, such as the FF series and even RE2 with it's clunkyness.

Honorable mention to Hogs of War with Rick Mayall as a bit of an oddball suggestion :D That was a seriously fun PS1 game.

Revan

Assumptionman
Question:

Let me know.
More PC games rounds. Honestly, there are so many of them and so diverse that probably it makes sense to do them by decade. Something like pre-2000, 2000-2009, 2010 and later. Failing that, send in the final more than 2 games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
More PC games rounds. Honestly, there are so many of them and so diverse that probably it makes sense to do them by decade. Something like pre-2000, 2000-2009, 2010 and later. Failing that, send in the final more than 2 games.
I don't think I can discard handheld. Snakes, Tetris etc deserve their slot.

I'll sort you PC guys out though I promise!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yeah, it doesn't seem right at all to have two games from the PS5/Xbox series whatever generation that's been out for five minutes and two games from the whole ~30 year history of PC gaming.

I think a handheld round is fine, but it'll just be whatever version of Pokemon is considered the best I'd guess.

manutddjw

1. Goldeneye
2. WWF No Mercy
3. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
4. FIFA 2000 (because of the classic teams)
5. Medal of Honor

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
At least two rounds for handheld and PC each. Just run them on the same week and ask for two lists those two weeks

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
At least two rounds for handheld and PC each. Just run them on the same week and ask for two lists those two weeks
Don't worry, I'll think of a way to keep everyone happy.

:lol:

I'm sure she would understand that this is serious business and give you a pass! :angel:
Every time she steps in the room, I have to quickly switch to Check-A-Trade as we're moving house and it makes me look productive. She hasn't noticed that I haven't rang a single builder yet :lol:

Siorac

Mate it takes an age tallying up. Imagine I did a free for all, there would be like 1000 different games and I would lose my wife :lol:
If she doesn't get how crucial and important this is, she isn't the one. A divorce now just spares you further pain in the future.