Reece Munro

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The 17-year old tall centre back is slowly becoming a key player for our U18s.

Strong in duels and in the air, reads the game pretty well too. He looks kind of clumsy on the ball, but is actually quite gifted technically. Loves to bring the ball forward which is a good trait for a future CB.

Right-footed but seems pretty comfortable with his left too. More natural as a RCB but can also play on the left if needed. Good, versatile passer too.

Another interesting prospect to follow in the coming years.

Ekeke

Played well as a ball playing CB today bringing the ball out of the defence either with a run or pass and used both feet. Could be a bit stronger when opponents get physical with him defensively

top1whoisman

Scout
Played well as a ball playing CB today bringing the ball out of the defence either with a run or pass and used both feet. Could be a bit stronger when opponents get physical with him defensively
Agree. The good thing is that physical part of his game is relatively ”easy” to improve. Has a lot of the tools a modern CB needs.

saik

I'm actually curious, how many games has he played as a CB this season? I feel like Kingdon and Jackson were our first choice CBs whenever they are available and Munro was playing RB when needed?

top1whoisman

Scout
I'm actually curious, how many games has he played as a CB this season? I feel like Kingdon and Jackson were our first choice CBs whenever they are available and Munro was playing RB when needed?
He’s started 11 out of 17 league games as a CB. Jackson & Kingdon have started four league games + the two FAYC matches together.

McAllister played most of the beginning of the season as our RB. Nolan played there a couple of games. More recently it’s been Kamason or Ogunneye. Can’t remember Munro playing a full match on the right.

Last edited:

saik

He’s started 11 out of 17 league games as a CB. Jackson & Kingdon have started four league games together.

McAllister played most of the beginning of the season as our RB. Nolan played there a couple of games. More recently it’s been Kamason or Ogunneye. Can’t remember Munro playing a full match on the right.
I remember Munro covering RB once. But in all probability I must have mixed him up with Ogunneye. :lol:

Borninthe80ts

I’m glad that he seems more settled at this level and you can see with the runs forward he makes now he has grown in confidence.

Can see him being a leader for the generation that seems to be pushing through now. Hopefully he stays injury free unlike similarly talented predecessors.