Referee watch 2018/19

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As a refereeing performance that was as bad as it gets. I often feel referees are happy to let the smaller clubs be Aggresive towards bigger clubs, in order to create a spectacle. That's not the job of the ref.

In the case of this game....it was just so bad. Missed the kick on Rashford who then gets sent off. But the foul on Lukaku, does he miss without the nudge an open net ? No way, so that's a penalty and a red. To compound this by not sending off Mee for the handball ? That was ridiculous.

If I'm honest, I'd be truely surprised if an opposition player got a red against us for sticking his head on one of our players in the same way as Rashford did. I'm sure someone did recently and didn't get a red ?

The sad part is it will get washed over because we won.

If I'm honest, I'd be truely surprised if an opposition player got a red against us for sticking his head on one of our players in the same way as Rashford did. I'm sure someone did recently and didn't get a red ?
Joe Hart did it to the ref himself and didn't get sent off a few years ago.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Joe Hart did it to the ref himself and didn't get sent off a few years ago.
Yeh I'd thought of that but I'm sure someone did it to one of our players. Remember thinking....nice one he's off. Then the yellow comes out !

Idxomer

Mark Noble usually acts way worse than Rashford today or Richarlison last week, and gets away with it.

RedfromIreland

Not forgetting yellow only for the boot to the head on Phil Jones by 'Spurs two goal hero.

Grande

Moss was shite for both sides today. Far too soft on 50/50s and blatently incompetant descision making for pens/cards mainly because he can’t keep up with play. Referees need to be criticised/dropped the same as players are for there to be any change in the future.
He might have been shit for both teams but for the fact that he wasn’t. Apart from one wrong penalty decision and four wrong red card decisions all going the same way, he consistently gave freekicks against Lukaku and Pogba for things Mee, Vokes etc would do unpunished. As a previous ref, I hardly ever agree when people claim the ref’s been against United, but that performance was baffling.

Bardsley kicking Rasford, Rashford ‘headnudging’ Bardsley and then Bardsley ‘headnudging back three seconds later was incomprehensibly solved, Mees attack on Lukaku from behind weird, but the strangest was when Pogba is torn down with a neck grip, Lukaku has the advantage to go through on goal but Mee throws himself headlong to grab it by hand and the ref signals ... throw in. Which he deems to be taken a fabulous therty yards back from were the ball went out of play. He just looked completely lost.

stevoc

That has to be the worst performance so far. Blatant penalties, red cards, yellow cards and fouls all just not seen. He just doesn't look fit enough to keep up with the game.
Been saying the same for years, i can remember a 0-0 game vs Spurs in i think 2014 or 15. He destroyed the game by constantly giving free kicks, foul throws, moving players 2-3 yards back for throws etc.

All to give himself a breather because he was huffing and puffing and couldn't keep up with play. Have absolutely no idea how he passes the fitness tests every summer.

He was shocking today, as he often is. Even setting aside the fitness issues he's a horrible ref in general.

Lj82

For the Rashford-Bardsley incident, he was walking away when the two teams when the incident was heating up. He didn't even try to control the situation.

If he didn't see bardsley's kick, then why did he give him a yellow? If he saw it, how is it not a red?

SER19

These guys got shown up by refs from all over the world over the summer. Theyre abysmal. I feel it must be the scrutiny that affects them mentally. Theres just no way hes missed both burnley red cards?

Of course its not just united. Almost every game has a decision where the ref is at the centre and it doesnt help that theres clear agenda driving in terms of trying to engineer seniority.for some via the big games they get and some media mouthpieces. Oliver and pawson for example, shouldnt be in the professional game. But watch them become the big 2

Carolina Red

Staff
These guys got shown up by refs from all over the world over the summer. Theyre abysmal.
It is the "big" league that most needs VAR, yet voted it down... probably because it would lead to them having to replace their entire crew of officials.

SER19

It is the "big" league that most needs VAR, yet voted it down... probably because it would lead to them having to replace their entire crew of officials.
Yeah shocking they did. Its benefits far outweighed negatives at wc. If we had it yesterday burnley get 2 red cards no question

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't mind him showing red card for Rashford as he deserved it, but he should have showed red to Bardsley too.

Also later in the game when Mee decided he wants to play handball when Lukaku bullied him and was through on goal was funny, according to ref it wasn't even foul.

Also when Lukaku was though on goal and beat Hart, Mee clearly fouled him, or at least held him from behind. If not for earlier penalty, maybe he would have given this.

Kostov

That was abysmal refereeing. Referees must be held responsible for shit performances, this was shocking from Moss.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It'd a big achievement if the other referees can match Moss incompetency when he failed to punish Ben Mee for that ridiculous handball late in the match. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

which teams voted against it?
It's not published, just that two thirds voted against it. I take that to mean the top 6 want it, the rest don't, because they know the little kicks and fouls are a major tactic for them to disrupt the flow of the game.

HJ12

So what happens to Moss now? Does he undergo some sort of internal review by the Refs association (I'm assuming there's such a thing)? He was so piss poor last night. Normally you can make a defense for refs i.e. line of sight blocked, too slow to keeping up with play, etc. But last night was horrible.

fallengt

It should be forced.
Most clubs would love to cheat if they knew they could get away with it.

PaulRich

He isn't a United hater - he just referees a piss poor game of football. What we saw yesterday was just his standard.

OldSchoolManc

When Sky Sports do their ref watch piece for this week, will anyone be surprised if there’s hardly a mention of the Moss mistakes. Or they’ll be backing him?

rampo

Not forgetting yellow only for the boot to the head on Phil Jones by 'Spurs two goal hero.
This incident needs more highlighting. I was sure at that point that it was a sure red.

For me, Spurs are the dirtiest team in the league but get away with it match after match because apparently they are a passionate and tough team

SER19

He isn't a United hater - he just referees a piss poor game of football. What we saw yesterday was just his standard.
Thats the case with most of them. I only truly believe michael oliver hates united. Others maybe feck up or make decisions agsinst united due to extra pressure, scrutiny or some stupid ego exercise to show how tough they are but michael oliver i truly believe is a cheat.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
did anyone see the Partick Thistle goal that neither lino or ref saw cross the line at the weekend? I'll try and did out a link

edit - this lino gives a throw in after the defender hoofs it out of play in disgust :lol::lol:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
did anyone see the Partick Thistle goal that neither lino or ref saw cross the line at the weekend? I'll try and did out a link

edit - this lino gives a throw in after the defender hoofs it out of play in disgust :lol::lol:

:houllier::houllier::eek:

John Moss all is forgiven

JK-27

Rashford's reaction was unprofessional yes, but if you look at the replays, Bardsley kicks out at Rashford and cause him to fall over. Moss is on the edge of the box with a clear view of it, and all he does is signal for a corner. Both Lukaku and Rashford look to the ref and complain about the challenge and Moss does nothing so Rashford, having seen the ref not look to book Bardsley for the challenge, gets angered and goes at Bardsley himself.

This gets Rashford sent off and Bardsley booked not for the original challenge but for reacting himself to Rashford after Rashford had confronted him.

As far as Moss was concerned the extra kick out by Bardsley at Rashford was not a bookable offence and this lack of capable refereeing caused Rashford to get incensed and react leading to his sending off, reduced us down to 10 men, got the Burnley team and fans backs up, and killed some of our momentum.

Just poor refereeing.

Bolal7700

When Sky Sports do their ref watch piece for this week, will anyone be surprised if there’s hardly a mention of the Moss mistakes. Or they’ll be backing him?
The cnut doing ref watch always backs the ref even when they make a clearly wrong descision. Bs excuses like “wasn’t in his line of view” etc

Thats the case with most of them. I only truly believe michael oliver hates united. Others maybe feck up or make decisions agsinst united due to extra pressure, scrutiny or some stupid ego exercise to show how tough they are but michael oliver i truly believe is a cheat.
Michael Oliver just thinks its his job to create a story. Atkinson is the only one i really believe is biased. Doesn't matter who they play, whenever he referees Chelsea everything goes their way.

SER19

Didnt want to say this before or immediately after the match, we lost because we were dreadful. But rashford was clearly fouled for the third, and there was a blatant offside immediately in front of the linesman for the first. As ive quoted i dont believe there is a conspiracy in the league. Premier league referees are bad though.

But michael oliver i have genuine doubts about even though i know it sounds a bit tin hat. Our recent record with him is w3 d3 l6. You could argue he refs big games but thats not always the case. We almost never look like winning when he refs, not just the big calls but the entire flow of a game seems to be away from us. He seems to have no issue at all making big calls against us (even if they are right sometimes) eg di maria red card, several recent penalties, the bizarre herrera red card awayat Chelsea and a cup final penalty. But i cant remember being beneficiaries of a big call from him.

Hes the only referee where i suspect that there is more than incompetence at play

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Didnt want to say this before or immediately after the match, we lost because we were dreadful. But rashford was clearly fouled for the third, and there was a blatant offside immediately in front of the linesman for the first. As ive quoted i dont believe there is a conspiracy in the league. Premier league referees are bad though.

But michael oliver i have genuine doubts about even though i know it sounds a bit tin hat. Our recent record with him is w3 d3 l6. You could argue he refs big games but thats not always the case. We almost never look like winning when he refs, not just the big calls but the entire flow of a game seems to be away from us. He seems to have no issue at all making big calls against us (even if they are right sometimes) eg di maria red card, several recent penalties, the bizarre herrera red card awayat Chelsea and a cup final penalty. But i cant remember being beneficiaries of a big call from him.

Hes the only referee where i suspect that there is more than incompetence at play
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29775977

No less than three clear-cut penalty decisions not given.

We were lucky the horrendous decisions fell on our side yesterday. Taylor was poor all game but you wont see a clearer handball than that.