Regime Change

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The whole point of this thread was to see what appetite there is there to do anything. Me being in the NEast is useless completely useless. The change is required in the ground by season ticket holders. A few boos at HT and a huff and puff 2nf half performance should fool nobody. So who the feck on here attends home games, who has contacts that can start to get the message across.
That's the issue. You are asking people to do something you yourself can't even do. I've said it before, but demanding match going fans stop attending matches in protest b/c the team is not winning is a selfish request. For some, attending matches is what they look forward to after a week of work and life. Crazy to ask them to deprive themselves of that because you think the team isn't winning enough.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You want to support a plastic club? :confused:
We sell our souls to noodle snack sponsors. We are nothing other than a brand these days. The football world has changed dramatically since the billionaires came long. Sadly we got one who liked to take money out of the club rather than pump it in.

People who think Glazers are any better are delusional. They have sucked the life and a billion quid out of our club.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
We sell our souls to noodle snack sponsors. We are nothing other than a brand these days. The football world has changed dramatically since the billionaires came long. Sadly we got one who liked to take money out of the club rather than pump it in.

People who think Glazers are any better are delusional. They have sucked the life and a billion quid out of our club.
So you do want to support a plastic club.

Also, the bolded is not true, but I'm sure you already knew that.

ROFLUTION

The idea that we protest for regime change by attending Man Utd games both home or away is and has always been totally flawed. The Glazers will happily take your cash from your ticket purchase and will continue to make their millions from running the club.

Think of it as any product. If you want to protest against Starbucks Coffee because you don't like their tax dodging, you don't protest by going and buying your coffee in Starbucks with 20,000 other folk who are also protesting by buying coffee in Starbucks. You protest against Starbucks by deciding to not buy your coffee there, at least until you are convinced they have changed their practices.

The way, and ONLY way, to hurt the Glazers and to convince them to sell the club is to stop attending games. And to stop attending games on mass. That will no doubt be painful for many people to make that step. I totally understand that. But there is no question that by continuing to attend the games you are supporting the regime/Glazers. Whether you sit there in the stand and shout against the Glazers or you sit there and wave an anti-Glazer banner, you are supporting the regime. Same as if you continue to buy your coffee in Starbucks but sit in the cafe waving an anti-starbucks flag.

Empty seats, a huge fall in revenue, and they would soon be looking to sell up.
If we say 30% of matchday goers is realistic to influence to drop Going to stadium, its not really much and wont have a big effect Im afraid.

That might be 30m less income a year. The income from matchday revenue is not a big part of the commercial cake - its about 1/5 or 1/6 I believe. Check the black squares on this graph. It wont shake the trousers of people who already have the pockets full. A boycot of the commercial side would have more effect

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So you do want to support a plastic club.

Also, the bolded is not true, but I'm sure you already knew that.
It is true though sadly. We've spent very close to a billion pound on interest payments and dividends since 2005. Money we won't ever get back and guess what......still loads of debt remains. More interest will be paid.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It is true though sadly. We've spent very close to a billion pound on interest payments and dividends since 2005. Money we won't ever get back and guess what......still loads of debt remains. More interest will be paid.
No, it's not true. Corporate finance doesn't work like that. Interest payments don't count as "taking money out" when the original debt is used to fund club operations. Dividends only started in 2015 (the total amount isn't that much IIRC). You and others are getting really bad information.

patty123

There is still a lot of support for Ole, his name rings around the stadiums on match days, especially when we win. If ole was an outsider to Manchester United then I think the Ole out chants would be strong but he is a club legend so many will not turn on him.
And rightly so as you say you were supporting us since 70's, so did you chant "ta ra fergie" in 89
we haven’t always been successful and have no Devine right to it but we had many great successful years with Fergie.. the decline started when Fergie retired and at the same time Woodward became CEO and had his first transfer window in Jan 2013... no coincidence I’m sure

And we had some dire ones also under him prior to him finally getting it right. You're right there is "no coincidence" as the decline started when Fergie bought the likes of owen,Valencia to replace tevez, CR7 and his and gills infamous bs about no value in the market.

Step forward Greta - i wont hold my breath though.
She cant as she to busy cleaning the diesel back up engines on her so called eco friendly boat she sails around and then flies, yes carbon footprint leaving pilots in to bring her home.

Russky14

Well here were are. All either

- moaning at how shite we are
- we made a sterling effort
- applauding Scousepool (my god worse than that 1st two points)

We are now missing Rashford for well 6 weeks? No signings in Jan so far. The Fernandes negotiation is a classic Ed & Matt cock up. Oops sorry Ed does not deal with transfers - yep!!

Fans have been smelling the coffee for too long action is now required. Acceptance that the Scousers are going to dominate is not on the agenda, particularly with the hypnotist routine being played out by the Regime.

Russky14

Well here were are. All either

- moaning at how shite we are
- we made a sterling effort
- applauding Scousepool (my god worse than that 1st two points)

We are now missing Rashford for well 6 weeks? No signings in Jan so far. The Fernandes negotiation is a classic Ed & Matt cock up. Oops sorry Ed does not deal with transfers - yep!!

Fans have been smelling the coffee for too long action is now required. Acceptance that the Scousers are going to dominate is not on the agenda, particularly with the hypnotist routine being played out by the Regime.

Sad replying to my own post after the Scouserpool game. Well here we are after Burnley. 3 signings are required before the 1st otherwise we are going to see a terrible run of results here 5th will turn into 16th very easily.

19m in dividends has just been taken out by the Adams family and we are mucking Sporting around. It beggars belief.

No of the ex Utd pro's are being totally direct in their assessment - too much fence sitting. Some high profile supporter or ex player is needed to come out and slam the whole Regime. This along with increased match day "noise!" will start to ratchet things up. Any media campaign requires fans willing to put some money into an organised group to start to undermine the Ed PR machine. Its all about organisation now.