released players get clubs

oskarutd

After the blow of not being offered scholarships at United earlier this year, Jason Lampkin and Tomos Roberts have landed on their feet somewhat by securing apprenticeships at another Premier League club, Aston Villa. England U16 midfielder Lampkin has spent the last couple of months on trial with a number of top-flight clubs following his surprising release by United, and despite strong (and widely publicised) interest from Blackburn Rovers, the lad from Hawarden opted to sign with Villa, a club with an excellent recent track record in bringing through youngsters to the first-team squad. Speaking to the Flintshire Chronicle, Lampkin’s father Mark said “There are plenty of players who have come from Villa’s academy and are now playing in the first team, and some of the younger players who have not quite made the breakthrough into the first team have been given squad numbers, which is encouraging”.

Lampkin will be joined at the Villa academy by former United U16 team-mate and friend Tomos Roberts. The Denbigh-born Welsh international left-back has had a similar last few months out on trial with various clubs and Villa again have got the nod. Both players will move into digs in Birmingham after finishing their GCSE’s this summer. Another former U16 player released earlier this year, keeper Niki-Lee Bulmer, has already secured a scholarship at Queens Park Rangers. All three players have plenty of potential, best of luck to them in the future.

link

Name Changed

weso26
I still don't get why Lampkin was released as he seemed to have a lot of talent. Must have had a crap attitude.
Well if he was getting his game for England under 16, you would presume he was one of the countries best at that age. So for United to let him go he must have had a crap attitute.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Don't know if it's one or the other, but I sure do hope we continue the trend of signing top foreign talent. Very encouraged by the Petrucci, Helàn and Situ rumors as we've more often than not ended up signing the kids we've been linked with over the last few years.

oskarutd

Tomos Roberts (Aston Villa) has been called up to the Welsh u17 squad, so there is still life after United for our boys.

PS18

Michael Lea's signed for Scunthorpe

Slowly but surely they're all finding clubs.

Lampkin, Roberts - Villa
Bulmer - QPR
Potts - Blackburn
Lee, Williams - Oldham
Jones - Hartlepool
Lea - Scunthorpe
McCormack - Triestina (not officially confirmed yet afaik)

Just Michael Barnes, Sean Evans and Chris Fagan still looking for a club. Fagan is part of the intake for the new Glenn Hoddle Academy project so he's sorted for a year or so. Barnes seems to have been on trial with half of the football league without success so far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't know if it's one or the other, but I sure do hope we continue the trend of signing top foreign talent. Very encouraged by the Petrucci, Helàn and Situ rumors as we've more often than not ended up signing the kids we've been linked with over the last few years.
Don't mean to be a cheeky cnut but shouldn't you put your encouragement on hold for now? Cause as it stands, it's still just rumours and we haven't actually signed any of the lads you mention above.

I could be wrong though, anyone got any update on Petrucci, Helàn and Situ?

Virtuoso

Don't mean to be a cheeky cnut but shouldn't you put your encouragement on hold for now? Cause as it stands, it's still just rumours and we haven't actually signed any of the lads you mention above.

I could be wrong though, anyone got any update on Petrucci, Helàn and Situ?
Davide Petrucci has signed. There's a few threads about him signing for us on this forum and on the Transfer forum. I'd say it's been roughly 5-6 weeks since we signed him. Thought it was common knowledge.

Here's a link -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...igning-for-Manchester-United-angers-Roma.html

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons