Relegation battle 2019/20

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Bournemouth are done. They’ve looked beaten for a while now. Toothless in every game they play and 9 conceded in their last two games.

I still think West Ham will be the third to go. Their fixture list isn’t kind.

Looks like Leeds will finally be back.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looks like the bottom 3 will stay as they are. Don’t want Villa to go down but I’m glad Norwich are down. They never do much of note when they come up and usually just go back down.

baskinginthesun

Looks like the bottom 3 will stay as they are. Don’t want Villa to go down but I’m glad Norwich are down. They never do much of note when they come up and usually just go back down.
Yup. Watford and West Ham winning today put some daylight between them and the bottom 3. 6 points is quite a margin especially with the woeful form both Villa and Bournemouth are in.

Gazza

BRIGHTONWEST HAMWATFORDBOURNEMOUTHASTON VILLA
Southampton (A)Watford (H)West Ham (A)Man City (A)Everton (A)
Newcastle (H)Man Utd (A)Man City (H)Southampton (H)Arsenal (H)
Burnley (A)Aston Villa (H)Arsenal (A)Everton (A)West Ham (A)

Villa are surely down despite the result today. Bournemouth too. Hopefully there are more twists and turns.

anant

Sorry to disappoint you guys but WHU are sort of safe. The two easier fixtures they have are at home and I wouldn't be surprised if Watford and WHU just decide to play a 0-0 as I wouldn't expect Bournemouth to get 5 or Villa to get 6 points from their remaining fixtures

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't think many felt Watford would drop the way they have, fair play to Villa

Massive final day coming up

Lay

Hope Villa stay up. Watford will be relegated and Arsenal players will surely remind Deeney about his comments a couple years back

marktan

Could be anyone's day on Sunday. Hell even Bournemouth could stay up.

Villa I think could struggle against West Ham. They have good direct players and that could catch Villa out. Villa struggle for goals so if Antonio bangs one in then they're really up against it.

Watford have Arsenal who they should theoretically lose against, but Arsenal have a habit of folding against weaker teams. That said Watford were absolutely abject against City.

Bournemouth could do it if both Watford and Villa lose, and they win by a single goal againsnt Everton.

I think Villa have the slight advantage, but I wouldn't bet against either of the other two making it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't think Bournemouth have enough about them. It'll come down to who loses "the best" on Sunday, as I think both Watford and Villa will lose. Goal difference nearly identical, I think Watford will lose by a couple and Villa by 1 so Villa will make it.

Lynty

Sick of Watford. Hope they go down.

Bring back Leeds and WBA. I like to see Forest come up aswell

Djemba-Djemba

Watford need to go down for how utterly fecking pathetic they are against City every season.

Think they've lost 13 in a row and not close scorelines either, City batter them everytime.

United58

When was the last time we had a genuinely exciting relegation run-in? I remember 10-15 years ago there used to be mad drama, it always seems to peter out to nothing recently

Paul_Scholes18

Hope Watford goes down. Very unlikable club. Not a fan of Villa either, but I rather keep them up.

DavidDeSchmikes

Watford are playing Arsenal (who will one, if not two eyes on the FA Cup final), so there could be a chance for a win there.

Nickelodeon

I'm rooting for Bournemouth. That will jack up Ake's price. Also, Watford deserve to go down purely due to the ridiculous ownership they're under. I'm curious to see where Sarr will go.

EwanI Ted

Watford need to go down for how utterly fecking pathetic they are against City every season.

Think they've lost 13 in a row and not close scorelines either, City batter them everytime.
In 11 games, City scored 43 goals, conceded 4. Includes an 8-0, two 6-0s and a 5-0. I wonder if there's a more one sided record between teams in the same division?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
When was the last time we had a genuinely exciting relegation run-in? I remember 10-15 years ago there used to be mad drama, it always seems to peter out to nothing recently
Leicester going from dead and buried all season to winning 7 out of their last 9 to stay up the year before their league win is the last 'escape' drama that comes to mind.

youngrell

As rubbish as they are, I'm hoping Villa stay up just because they've been one of those clubs that were always around. And we always whipped 'em.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Could be anyone's day on Sunday. Hell even Bournemouth could stay up.

Villa I think could struggle against West Ham. They have good direct players and that could catch Villa out. Villa struggle for goals so if Antonio bangs one in then they're really up against it.

Watford have Arsenal who they should theoretically lose against, but Arsenal have a habit of folding against weaker teams. That said Watford were absolutely abject against City.

Bournemouth could do it if both Watford and Villa lose, and they win by a single goal againsnt Everton.

I think Villa have the slight advantage, but I wouldn't bet against either of the other two making it.
Yeah quite a fair summary that. We're the slight favourites but we don't exactly deal well with pressure which we'll now have as we're expected to finish the job. Hopefully West Ham will ease up a bit but as you say Antonio is the sort that never stops chasing lost causes and can finish so can trouble most defences.

My feeling is a draw will be enough for us. Eliminates Bournemouth from the equation and means Watford would have to win. They can certainly score at Arsenal from a set piece or on the break but I'd be amazed if they kept a clean sheet, they couldn't against Norwich.

Going to be a few twists and turns as you always get on a final day.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leicester going from dead and buried all season to winning 7 out of their last 9 to stay up the year before their league win is the last 'escape' drama that comes to mind.
Leicester actually were safe before final day, incredible run.

10/11 always sticks in my mind. Wolves, Birmingham and Blackpool. Crazy afternoon that was.