15thEverton*3198143242-1029
16thBrentford3278174558-1329
17thForest**3278174056-1625
18thLuton3267194565-2025
19thBurnley3247213267-3519
20thSheffield United3137213082-5216

*6 point deduction.
**2 point deduction.

So, with only a few months to go, we are starting to see the potential sides battling for relegation. I think Fulham and Wolves are most likely safe, but we have seen teams collapse and crumble before so if they hit really bad form they could still perhaps get sucked in. Realistically I think it's going to be the teams from Brentford down that are involved. Burnley and SU are probably gone so that leaves one spot.

Interestingly we currently have one of the best defenses in the division...only the top 3 sides have conceded less than us but on the flip side we have one of the worst attacks in the division with only the bottom two scoring less!

Who do we think will go? I think Forest and Palace are in trouble right now. Our next game is against Palace so it's a big game for both sides. A win for either can make a big difference.

Last edited:

zbcrow15

PL Relegation Battle Table

PositionTeamPlayedWinDrawLossGFGA+/-Points
11thWolves2495103739-232
12thFulham2485113339-629
13thBournemouth2376103144-1327
14thBrentford2374123439-525
15thCrystal Palace2466122743-1624
16thForest2456133044-1421
17thLuton2355133345-1220
18thEverton2485112632-619*
19thBurnley2434172550-2513
20thSheffield United2434172260-3813

*10 point deduction.

So, with only a few months to go, we are starting to see the potential sides battling for relegation. I think Fulham and Wolves are most likely safe, but we have seen teams collapse and crumble before so if they hit really bad form they could still perhaps get sucked in. Realistically I think it's going to be the teams from Brentford down that are involved. Burnley and SU are probably gone so that leaves one spot.

Interestingly we currently have one of the best defenses in the division...only the top 3 sides have conceded less than us but on the flip side we have one of the worst attacks in the division with only the bottom two scoring less!

Who do we think will go? I think Forest and Palace are in trouble right now. Our next game is against Palace so it's a big game for both sides. A win for either can make a big difference.

I think Palace will eventually go down. They are riddled with injuries to key players in Olise, Eze, Guehi. When that is most of your creative talent and your best CB, it is hard to get wins against non bottom feeder teams. I think Luton end up staying up as they have started to get decent results vs the top 6.

MegadrivePerson

I think it's between Palace, Luton and Forest for the third relegation spot. The bottom two are essentially already down.

Luton missed a massive opportunity at the weekend by losing at home to Sheffield United.

If I was betting on it right now I'd say Forest.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Palace won't go down when their players come back they have too much quality. Everton will never go down. The one doubt I'd have is Forest but I think they should have enough. So unfortunately I think the 3 promoted teams will go down

GlasgowCeltic

shame Fulham are unlikely to be dragged into it, by far the least interesting of the clubs competing to avoid 18th (Burnley and Sheff gone)

Uniquim

Pretty sure Wolves are safe. They only need a few more points. Think Fulham and Bournemouth will cruise through to safety too.
Everton should have enough about them to stay up, so for me Luton, Palace and Forest are all in trouble territory. Brentford too tbh, but I don't see them going down.

Luton have shown a lot of fight lately, even if they haven't scored points in all of those games. I think If that continues I think they'll survive.

Palace have not looked good, but they'll get players back.
Unfortunately for them, they've got Everton, Burnley, Luton and Forest among their next 6 games, and they absolutely need to score points in those games.
I think Eze & Guehi are due back fairly soon. They've got sides like City, Liverpool, Villa towards the end of the season.

Thinking Forest will drop, even if they've scored some surprise 3-pointers against several big sides this season.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Unless Nuno gets to grips with the defence we are down. What helped keep us up last season - team spirit and home form/support - just isn’t there. It may be second season complacency or the loss of the Cooper effect or a combination of, but I’m not hopeful.

pascell

Unless Nuno gets to grips with the defence we are down. What helped keep us up last season - team spirit and home form/support - just isn’t there. It may be second season complacency or the loss of the Cooper effect or a combination of, but I’m not hopeful.
You need 3 points at the weekend with Everton playing Palace at home Monday.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
You need 3 points at the weekend with Everton playing Palace at home Monday.
It’s a must win - after that we have Villa away and Liverpool. The only glimmer of hope is 4 of our last five games are Everton, Sheff, Chelsea and Burnley.

Last edited:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
All three promoted teams will go straight back down.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Big game tonight. Other clubs have opened a window for either of us to get a jump.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I hope Luton stay up.

They've improved massively since October and are now a threat home and increasingly away against many teams.

Perhaps their style isn't to everyone's taste but I really enjoy watching their games as it's a real throwback and they stay true to their identity.

Tonight will tell plenty, if Everton win as I expect they'll finish above Palace.

Surely if Premier league are being consistent they'll also issue Forest with a -10 although I suspect Forest will appeal and probably try to push that punishment to next season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Updated OP.

Luton with a chance to crank up the pressure with their game in hand. Once again our attacking players perform miserably and we lose a game we should really have won if not for impotent finishing. I feel sorry for the defence as they concede three but we really shouldn't be constantly relying on them to put in mega performances to just get a fecking draw. Attacking players really need to step up for us because our output is embarassing.

To put into perspective how insanely bad our forwards are...our xG for this season is 47. We've scored 29. That's an underperformance of 18.

To put into perspective how good our defence has been...our xGA is 40. That's the 4th best in the league. Our actual GA is 37 which is also the 4th best in the league.

Would be some sense of justice for other clubs I suppose if the season we are relegated we have actually performed quite well in terms of underlying metrics. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think now it's safe to say Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves are safe and it's a battle between Luton, Forest, Everton, Brentford and Palace for that last relegation spot and a lot of the teams in that pack play each other.

We actually play Forest, Brentford and Sheffield United at home and Luton away. I think we will lose against Luton but winning two of those home games gives us a great chance. I think if we win 3 of our last 7 we will be alright. Difficulty is that our other three games are Chelsea and Arsenal away and Liverpool at home. :lol:

BorisManUtd

So Sheffield United are basically down, it's a matter of when.

16th Everton 27 points - 6 games to go: Forest (H), Liverpool (H), Brentford (H), Luton (A), Sheffield United (H), Arsenal (A).
17th Forest 26 points - 5 games to go: Everton (A), City (H), Sheffield United (A), Chelsea (H), Burnley (A).
18th Luton 25 points - 5 games to go: Brentford (H), Wolves (A), Everton (H), West Ham (A), Fulham (H).
19th Burnley 20 points - 5 games to go: Sheffield United (A), United (A), Newcastle (H), Tottenham (A), Forest (H).

Burnley's chances are minimal given their schedule but they're still not down like Sheffield United. Would be a minor miracle if they survive from their current situation though. Everton in their 3rd consecutive relegation battle, they've got a game in hand over other teams and experience to pick up enough points. FA deducted 8 points off them got them into this situation so they're better than their current position. You'd bet on Everton stay up.

Forest could be in trouble given theirs and Luton's fixtures. Luton are playing 3/4 teams with nothing to play for and have showed most fight out of 3 sides that got promoted last year. FA also deducted 4 points off Forest and those could mean the difference between staying up and going down.

Moriarty

I think now it's safe to say Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves are safe and it's a battle between Luton, Forest, Everton, Brentford and Palace for that last relegation spot and a lot of the teams in that pack play each other.

We actually play Forest, Brentford and Sheffield United at home and Luton away. I think we will lose against Luton but winning two of those home games gives us a great chance. I think if we win 3 of our last 7 we will be alright. Difficulty is that our other three games are Chelsea and Arsenal away and Liverpool at home. :lol:
I would hate to see the Toffees go down. They have been an ever-present in the top flight for as long as I've been alive and we've had some great matches down the years. It would be a shame to see a big club like Everton dropping down.

thisisnottaken1

I would hate to see the Toffees go down. They have been an ever-present in the top flight for as long as I've been alive and we've had some great matches down the years. It would be a shame to see a big club like Everton dropping down.
I totally agree.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Everton are a mess and haven't been a big club for a long time now. Premier league is something that has to earned .

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
All rests on those games against the clubs around us. I can forgive stuff like this against Chelsea etc but if we down tools against the likes of Forest, Brentford etc. then we absolutely deserve it.

Our next three games are all at home. Forest, Liverpool and Brentford. If we don't win at least two (the two against our relegation rivals), I will start to be very worried.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
All rests on those games against the clubs around us. I can forgive stuff like this against Chelsea etc but if we down tools against the likes of Forest, Brentford etc. then we absolutely deserve it.

Our next three games are all at home. Forest, Liverpool and Brentford. If we don't win at least two (the two against our relegation rivals), I will start to be very worried.
And we win all three... :drool:

After all that the battle for relegation is a bit boring this year! Sorry to Forest but I would like if Luton could stay up instead.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
And we win all three... :drool:

After all that the battle for relegation is a bit boring this year! Sorry to Forest but I would like if Luton could stay up instead.
So would I - Get promoted they said, live the dream, the Prem is the best league in the world, the only place to be. As Johnny Lydon once said “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?”

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So would I - Get promoted they said, live the dream, the Prem is the best league in the world, the only place to be. As Johnny Lydon once said “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?”
I think you have more and enough about you to come straight back up if you do go down. I don't think Luton will manage that.

Ludens the Red

:lol: Bloody hell. Making out Forest are some sort of hard done by victims. Football fans never cease to amaze me. You spent the most money a promoted side has spent in the history of the PL and didn’t balance your books. All it cost you was a few measly points. A few decisions didn’t go your way but I’d hardly call any of them completely scandalous. I guess when you have a bat shit owner pushing a nonsense victim narrative the stupid fanbase will follow suit.

Last edited:

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
:lol: Bloody hell. Making out Forest are some sort of hard done by victims. Football fans never cease to amaze me. You spent the most money a promoted side has spent in the history of the PL and didn’t balance your books. All it cost you was a few measly points. Have some self awareness man. The EFL has even stricter rules on financial management. You should know that seeing as how Forest spent the best part of 25 years in it.
Try reading what I wrote - it’s feck all to with money, spending or how we’ve played. The Prem, as a sporting package is over rated crap. All people talk about is reffing, var and how their team has been screwed. For me it’s about whether I can be arsed to become emotionally invested in the whole shit show. There are fewer issues regarding financial management in the Champ because the teams are more evenly matched and you don’t have to compete with Saudi money.

Ludens the Red

Try reading what I wrote - it’s feck all to with money, spending or how we’ve played. The Prem, as a sporting package is over rated crap. All people talk about is reffing, var and how their team has been screwed. For me it’s about whether I can be arsed to become emotionally invested in the whole shit show. There are fewer issues regarding financial management in the Champ because the teams are more evenly matched and you don’t have to compete with Saudi money.
Edited my post before you replied.

You implied you felt cheated so Initially the thought would turn to points dedications. Then I realised oh it’s all the VAR nonsense. But now you’re claiming it’s something else. Your previous post doesn’t really align with that.

As Johnny Lydon once said “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?”
not sure which other way to take this there is. Other than you suggesting Forest have been wronged.
The reason all people talk about is VAR etc is because football fans are obsessed with feeling wronged and painting their clubs as victims. It’s engrained in the culture of the English game. Nobody takes any responsibility. Your club is a perfect example. Man City are a perfect example. Clubs breaking rules and then rather than accept it, shouting that the rules are in fact wrong and that you should not be required to adhere to them.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Fair enough. For some teams and fans it's not about trying to get to that number 1 spot but just enjoying the journey and the experience. You reckon your lads can get anything off city today?

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Edited my post before you replied.

You implied you felt cheated so Initially the thought would turn to points dedications. Then I realised oh it’s all the VAR nonsense. But now you’re claiming it’s something else. Your previous post doesn’t really align with that.

not sure which other way to take this there is. Other than you suggesting Forest have been wronged.
The reason all people talk about is VAR etc is because football fans are obsessed with feeling wronged and painting their clubs as victims. It’s engrained in the culture of the English game. Nobody takes any responsibility. Your club is a perfect example. Man City are a perfect example. Clubs breaking rules and then rather than accept it, shouting that the rules are in fact wrong and that you should not be required to adhere to them.
It’s simple really - you spend all your time in the Champ trying to get promoted to the “big league“. When you get here you find out it’s a sham, A dog turd rolled in glitter.

Ludens the Red

It’s simple really - you spend all your time in the Champ trying to get promoted to the “big league“. When you get here you find out it’s a sham, A dog turd rolled in glitter.
Or could it be that….
You’ve broken rules and been punished. You’ve had VAR calls go against you and you’ve also underachieved on the pitch.
Luton fans don’t seem to want their team relegated because the Premier League is shit or something.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Or could it be that….
You’ve broken rules and been punished. You’ve had VAR calls go against you and you’ve also underachieved on the pitch.
Luton fans don’t seem to want their team relegated because the Premier League is shit or something.
Is that as deep as your thinking goes? I’ve sat and watched us get battered 6 nil by Oldham in L1. I’ve travelled down to Yeovil to watch us throw away a 2nd leg L1 playoff semi. I’ve watched us play some of the worst football ever under Gary Megson and Steve Cotterall. I’ve watched us under a transfer embargo where the most we could spend on a player was £10k. The Prem is frankly a soulless fraud that I refuse to buy into anymore.

Ludens the Red

Is that as deep as your thinking goes? I’ve sat and watched us get battered 6 nil by Oldham in L1. I’ve travelled down to Yeovil to watch us throw away a 2nd leg L1 playoff semi. I’ve watched us play some of the worst football ever under Gary Megson and Steve Cotterall. I’ve watched us under a transfer embargo where the most we could spend on a player was £10k. The Prem is frankly a soulless fraud that I refuse to buy into anymore.
All sets of football fans can tell the same story. Dont know your age but id imagine for most of your life Forest have been a football league club.
I don’t think it requires deep thinking to be honest. There was a Forest fan on the fan debate a few weeks ago echoing what you’re saying and once you cut through the charade, all it is, the dummy being spat out. As I said Luton and Burnley fans don’t seem to be at disarray with the PL.