Relegation Jumble Sale

Irrational.

So Norwich have been confirmed relegated, and Watford are pretty much down.

It's a toss-up between Leeds and Everton for the third spot.

Are there any bargains that can be picked up on the cheap from any of these teams?

Can't see many I'd take from Norwich and Watford but hoping Leeds go down so we can make a double bid for Phillips and Raphinha. Would address a couple of our problem positions.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Not interested in any of the Watford or Norwich lot. Sarr and Dennis are Lower echelons of Europe quality, from Leeds then Phillips i guess but being a Leeds boy with a Leeds supporting family i imagine we would would be last resort option.

Moby

Dick
Raphinha likely goes to Liverpool as a long term replacement for Salah especially if Salah leaves soon. Will fit like a glove in their system.

Irrational.

Not interested in any of the Watford or Norwich lot. Sarr and Dennis are Lower echelons of Europe quality, from Leeds then Phillips i guess but being a Leeds boy with a Leeds supporting family i imagine we would would be last resort option.
Looking at the Everton squad there are a few tasty options:

DCL, Gordon, Richarlison, Allan? Maybe we need them to be relegated instead.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pukki and Dennis can be good backup strikers .

If it's Everton : Gray , Richarlison and Godfrey. DCL can also be a good option.

Leeds - Raphinha and Philips. Dallas can be a good utility player.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Norwich: Max Aarons, while I don't see him becoming top class, I'd take a punt on as a squad option at RB given his age, worse case he'd have decent resale value given age and nationality if he did not look to be developing well. Might take Pukki on the cheap as a bench option to replace Cavani.

Watford: none stand out, if you had to pick maybe Sarr as a squad option at best.

Leeds: Raphinha and Phillips stand out. Maybe Meslier if Henderson goes to give DDG some competition, he's still only 22 as well.

Everton: DCL and Richarlison are the obvious picks, maybe Gray at a push.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I like that other blonde at Everton, plays ahead of Donny on the left, Gordon (?) I think. He's pretty good/underrated.

Apart from Raphinha, I'm not that interested. I think there are some improvements among them, but I think we can do better. Philips is a prime example.

OleGunnar20

Fingers crossed Leeds go down, mainly because it's Leeds, but also if we could nab Raphinha on the cheap that'd be great. I don't think Phillips would be a good move if he's a die hard a Leeds fan as is claimed and Harrison looked promising at one point, but nah. Rest of their squad is pretty bang average.

Irrational.

I like that other blonde at Everton, plays ahead of Donny on the left, Gordon (?) I think. He's pretty good/underrated.

Apart from Raphinha, I'm not that interested. I think there are some improvements among them, but I think we can do better. Philips is a prime example.
Yep, he caught my eye too when he played against us and Liverpool. Sadly we are overstocked at LW with Sancho looking more comfortable there too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Raphinha likely goes to Liverpool as a long term replacement for Salah especially if Salah leaves soon. Will fit like a glove in their system.
Would bloody love it if they made that switch!

It'd be like switching peak Pamela Anderson out of Baywatch for (add unattractive name here)

Zoo

Max Aarons, Pukki, Cantwell will all be looked at by PL clubs

TheReligion

Abusive
Norwich - Aarons
Watford - Dennis, Sarr
Everton - DCL, Richarlison, Gray, Godfrey
Leeds - Phillips, Raphinha, Gelhardt

Teja

I changed my mind about Raphinha .. I think he works hard and does everything fairly well but I don't see him setting the world alight at a top four club.

He'll be a good rotation option if we can get him for 30-40m-ish esp. given Greenwood is gone. Could maybe also fill in for Bruno when he needs a rest.

But I'd say we still need another RW player even if we sign him.

jesperjaap

Calvert Lewin, Richarlison, Raphina, Gordon, Phillips and Godfrey are all decent.....personally think cost wise the Evdrton players would still be on the costly side in comparison to other players, Phillips I am not mad on so possibly Raphina but dotn see any must buys for the top clubs from the relagated sides, no star players

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sarr will surely go somewhere. Surprised Watford didn't sell him for 40m + last time they went down, will be less this time but in counter attack system he's still a decent player and young.

Richarlison will probably end up at PSG or in La Liga, seems Arsenal are amusingly keen on Calvert Lewin so Arteta trying to sabotage the good work he's done in last six months.

Saw Norwich today and they were worst top flight team since we stunk the place out in 15/16 so not much to look at at all.

Max Aarons must have some agent, pretty sure 12 months back he was being linked to likes of Barca and Bayern Munich and sometimes dosen't even get in this Norwich team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pukki and Dennis can be good backup strikers .

If it's Everton : Gray , Richarlison and Godfrey. DCL can also be a good option.

Leeds - Raphinha and Philips. Dallas can be a good utility player.
Who do you support again? Man. United aren't getting back to the top with Pukki, Demarai Gray and Stuart Dallas. :lol:

James Peril

If Leeds go down, and also regardless, much bigger and better clubs will be in for Raphinha. We’re not getting him, he wants CL and top glory, we’re not there anymore sadly.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
No one predicted what Klopp got from Salah. No doubt he would get the best out of Raphinha.

I’d take Raphinha in a heart beat at Chelsea.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I wouldn't take any player from a relegated team. The players clearly weren't up for performing at the bottom end of the table when the pressure was on, so they definitely won't be able to handle the pressure at a club like United with huge expectations. Not to mention they would be coming to the club low on confidence.

These are not the types of player the squad needs to get the club back to the top.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If Leeds go down, and also regardless, much bigger and better clubs will be in for Raphinha. We’re not getting him, he wants CL and top glory, we’re not there anymore sadly.
No one predicted what Klopp got from Salah. No doubt he would Raphinha.

I’d take Raphinha in a heart beat at Chelsea.
Is Raphinha really all that though? It is much easier to look good in a low level team, which we have seen so many times and 9 times out of 10 they don't hit the next level. Salah was always better than what Raphinha is now though and there is no way he comes close to the level Salah reached in my opinion.

I also don't think Raphinha is as good as the players Chelsea already have. Is he really any better than Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Werner?

He is a good player but I am not quite sure that he is good enough for a top team.

diarm

I wouldn't take any player from a relegated team. The players clearly weren't up for performing at the bottom end of the table when the pressure was on, so they definitely won't be able to handle the pressure at a club like United with huge expectations. Not to mention they would be coming to the club low on confidence.

These are not the types of player the squad needs to get the club back to the top.
Yeah. The last thing we need is another Roy Keane on our hands.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Watford
----------------
Cucho Hernandez
Sarr

Everton
----------------
Richarlison
DCL
Gordon

Leeds
----------------
Meslier
Phillips
Raphinha

Norwich
----------------
Max Aarons

Kaos

Raphinha and Phillips are about the only players I'd take, and thats only if their price demands are lowered. Leeds can get fecked if they still expect £60mill for Phillips while they're in the championship. Max Aarons too for cover perhaps.

Don't want us entertaining the likes of Richarlison or DCL.

CM

Raphinha is the one with the most upside from all the teams near the bottom. That relegation clause will definitely be met by someone if Leeds go down.

From the others - it'll be between Phillips, Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, depending on who goes down. Probably won't be targets for any of the top English clubs though.

Abraxas

How desperate are we with some of these names being banded about? Dennis and Godfrey?! We're 6th not 16th. Many of these lads are not an upgrade. They are where they are for a reason.

There's probably only a handful at best. Phillips, Raphinha, Richarlison would be of interest for a good price. You have to go for the ones that have looked good in a good team at various points, not ones that look slightly better than teammates during a relegation scrap. The former is a sign they could step up, the latter is destined for mediocrity a high percentage of the time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'll be very upset if this happens. Barca bound apparently.

Skills

Snitch
I'd take Aarons from Norwich. Feels like he's made to play at the top end of the league, which is why he's been so instrumental to Norwich coming up every season.

Carl

Tbh surprised that there's still any that doubt Raphina. Quality player and will go to a top side this summer without doubt.

Carl

I'd take Aarons from Norwich. Feels like he's made to play at the top end of the league, which is why he's been so instrumental to Norwich coming up every season.
Me too. Very obvious signing in a big position of need for us.

Irrational.

How desperate are we with some of these names being banded about? Dennis and Godfrey?! We're 6th not 16th. Many of these lads are not an upgrade. They are where they are for a reason.
Let’s not forget Liverpool bought Robertson from a relegated Hull - there are some gems to be found.

TheReligion

Abusive

There's probably only a handful at best. Phillips, Raphinha, Richarlison would be of interest for a good price. You have to go for the ones that have looked good in a good team at various points, not ones that look slightly better than teammates during a relegation scrap. The former is a sign they could step up, the latter is destined for mediocrity a high percentage of the time.
I didn’t realise it was United specific. Was simply saying who I think are good players

CM

Might be worth pursuing if we can palm off Brandon Williams to Norwich in part exchange