Remake Draft SF | Tuppet vs harms

Please vote for the better remake of the classical set-up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Too busy today to get a proper look. I like Tuppet's decision to bring in Sanchez. Masch also is an upgrade. He needs to change Pirlo IMO if he goes through to the final. I know he believes he's a great fit, but can't see many others buying it especially in the final against a well crated Gio's side.

On harms I don't get the criticism for him bringing in Seedorf and Kluivert. That's the best possible fits for their positions(normally as they have to replace themselves). Since it's withing the rules I can't see why he's criticized for that. He still won games to get Seedorf in reinforcement and Kluivert was like what 6th,7th round pick? It does seem he's getting a 2 man advantage for the perfect fit, but still I don't see an issue with it since it's within the rules.

Nani or me is an upgrade to Walcott, absolutely hated the latter in that LW role, although I feel Robben/Ribery would've been better in terms of quality. Tight game, pity there was not much feedback.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@harms

Sorry, just read your alert.

Not much in this, but kluivert and seedorf being in there still leans me towards tuppet because hes had to put proper thought into all 11 players whereas those two are so blatantly obvious that you cant really score them.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Sry guys, you have to wait a bit longer. Have to leave again and can't do the penalty shootout. Maybe someone else is around and happy to do it? @Edgar Allan Pillow for example?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm not in a rush, although Edgar has my penalties too

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
A repeat of the 1998 WC here as El Fenomeno steps up to the plate to face van der Sar

Ronaldo sidefoots it to his right...

van der sar dives the other side and Ronaldo has the beating of him yet again

1-0 to Tuppet

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Litmanen makes the dreaded walk up to the... Hang on, what's going on here. harms hauls the legendary Ajax side off the pitch and gives them the boot unceremoniously; it seems he'd much rather have his own remade side than LVG's philosophized puppets.

Müller gets the Pep treatment and instead, it's Boateng who steps up first.

A cheeky paneka from the German...

DDG is stumped as Boateng restores parity for Ajax 1995

1-1

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The cannibal is up next and is chomping at the bits

He calmly slots it to the left and Valdes dives the other way

Advantage Tuppet, 2-1

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The Pole Blaczys.... Kuba, is a shivering wreck, still fresh from the scars of his Euro penalties exit. Not exactly a great move by his manager @harms and Müller is still fuming at his manager's snub of him.

Predictably enough Kuba completely scuffs and pathetically mishits hit his penalty....
The ball trickles towards the middle and DDG collects it calmly...

but wait, DDG unfathomably lets it roll right through his grasp and it's 2-2 to harms as Tuppet looks on in disgust

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Victor Valdes does his best to put off the Italian fantasista but Pirlo's not havin any of it. The cheeky Italian goes for the classic paneka, specially hand-picked from his repertoire, and exclusively reserved for over-enthusiastic goalies, but the Spaniard seems to have read Pirlo's mind and is well-poised to save it

Pirlo fakes at the very last moment and pulls off the most outrageous rabona known to man-kind and sends it to the left

Poor Valdes is completely bamboozled and very nearly breaks his back in the process

3-2 to Tuppet

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Up steps Essien

He wrong-foots DDG and it's even-stevens yet again 3-3

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Gasps galore throughout the stadium as an Arse player, of all people, steps up to the spot. Valdes is up to his dirty tricks again and you just get the feeling Alexis Sanchez is going to crack under the pressure and bottle this.

He sends the ball into the orbit, outdoing Beckham and Sergio Ramos's horror-shows in the process. 3-3

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
No one knows thrives more in the cauldron of high-pressure knock-out football than Seedorf, and he looks calm and collected as he steps up to the spot.

Seedorf gives poor Valdes, who still hasn't recovered from Pirlo humiliating him, the eyes and calmly slots it right through the befuddled Spaniard's legs. 3-4, advantage harms

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
David Silva looks like he has the weight of the world on the shoulders on him as he knows he has to score here to keep his side in the game... He shoots right at Victor Valdes

The ball meekly bounces off Valdes's bald head and makes it's way to the net.

4-4.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The Ajax side know they are just one kick away from the final and who better than Kluivert to convert the decisive kick
Kluivert hits a rocket destined for the top corner and wheels off in celebration

Hang on.... DDG pulls a physics-defying save right out of his arse at the very last second, and leaves everyone stunned. #DaveSaves

4-4

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Sorry guys, don't think I will be online for quite some time (probably till tomorrow), so if anyone could take over the sudden death PKs I'd appreciate it. If not, I will come back tomorrow and finish it off.

harms

Staff
You are such a tease :lol: Brilliant commentary
Now I really want to win. Well, I'll try to sublimate it into supporting Wales

Enigma_87

You know who
I'll be on in the next couple of hours if you guys want to finish it off tonight.

Tuppet

Guys I'd be out on a camping trip with next to nothing Internet coverage till Tuesday. If I happen to to win, I'd be grateful if you guys can wait till Tuesday for my pick. Have a good weekend you all.

harms

Staff
Wait, what is that? Helenio Herrera walks away from the pitch and his players, after a brief consideration, follow him out. The fans are confused and so is the referee. But he is given no choice but to rule this one as a walkover :rolleyes:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Giacinto Facchetti up first for Tuppet

He tries to outdo his Italian comrade Pirlo and goes for a cheeky rabona down the middle....
He horribly miscues it and the ball doesn't even reach Valdes in goal.

Valdes unashamedly celebrates whilst Facchetti trots off muttering, 'Feck this penalty bollocks, coin-tosses are the way to go'. 0-0

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Having realised the error of his ways, harms finally puts Müller on penalty duties. He's bound to score here and wrap this up surely?

De Gea pulls of yet another worldie to keep his team in the running. Still 0-0

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Bizarrely enough the Cannibal is summoned yet again by the Tuppet, against the rules but hey ho. El architechto isn't pleased as the odious Uruguayan insists Tuppet meant him, when he said 'Suarez shall take the penalty' and the Uruguayan threatens to give the Spaniard a nibble if he continues arguing.

Valdes stays rooted to the spot as el cunto does it again.

With no one in near vicinity, the Cannibal cannot resist the urge and takes a chunk off himself.
1-0 to Tuppet

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
There's a bit of a friendly banter as Nani faces off ex United team-mate DDG

Nani dinks it down the middle and it's parity restored. 1-1

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Mazzola up next

The Italian maestro calmly places it in the bottom corner - unsaveable.

2-1