8. Norwood
9. Brandao
10. Petrucci
11. Brady

12. Ajose
14. Morrison
15. Thorpe
16. Dudgeon

Good to see Ra'vel Morrison and Tom Thorpe get called into this U/18 friendly.

Looks like this could be preparation for the start of the FA Youth Cup which kicks off in the next few weeks.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Ajose on for Brandao after 41 minutes.....

Not sure why?

0-0 at half time.

0-1 after 54 minutes

Morrison on for Brady on 59 minutes

0-2 after 66 minutes

Joe Dudgeon makes a welcome return from injury when he replaces Oliver Gill on 74 minutes

Davide Petrucci pulls a goal back for the Reds on 82 minutes

Nick Ajose equalises on 88 minutes in a fine comeback against more experienced opposition

2-2 Full Time

United didn't really start to play until we were 0-2 down.

PS18

I guess seeing as this was technically a reserve game that's yet another comeback from two goals down!

Mr. MUJAC

I guess seeing as this was technically a reserve game that's yet another comeback from two goals down!
Another great comeback but I wouldn't class this as a reserve game at all......

Curran, Brandao, Brady have struggled for a regular place in the 18's.....it is the first season for Brown, Petrucci and Ajose while Morrison and Thorpe are 16's.

Only Woods, Norwood, Gill, Wootton and James have played in the reserves previously and even then less than a handful of games.

These aren't really reserve team players at all and I reckon Paul McGuinness, who was there last night and not Ole, was using this as a trial before Youth Cup action starts in late November/early December.

PS18

Oh I agree definitely, it was just billed as a reserve game by Trafford so I was claiming it as a technicality :D

Mr. MUJAC

Local paper report.....

"MANCHESTER United chief executive David Gill was among those in attendance as the Red Devils’ reserves were held to a 2-2 draw by Trafford on Tuesday.

The Old Trafford club’s head honcho joined a healthy crowd at Shawe View to watch his son Oliver, who started for the visitors at left back.

But he may have been somewhat surprised by the final result, as Trafford more than matched a young United side made up largely by academy players.

There were few chances in an uneventful first half but Portuguese striker Evandro Brandao should have opened the scoring after a near fatal error from Trafford goalkeeper James Jowsey, himself a former United trainee.

Luckily for the hosts, Brandao fired disappointingly over after dispossessing the stopper in front of his own goal.

The skilful Brandao did better four minutes before the break but still couldn’t find the target after skipping nimbly past two defenders on the edge of the box.

A bolt from the blue almost had Trafford ahead two minutes before the break but Harry Winter’s stunning 30-yard volley was tipped over the bar by Gary Woods.

Winter did get his name on the scoresheet though, as Trafford took control of the game after the break.

The hardworking midfielder fired a low, hard shot into the corner of the net on 55 minutes after being given far too much space 25 yards out.

Just 11 minutes later it was 2-0 Scott Barlow finishing well after receiving a delicate reverse ball from Wez Wilkinson inside the box.

But Trafford couldn’t maintain their high performance levels and United fought their way back into the game.

A goalline intervention from Sam Halligan denied Mathew James, only for Italian Davide Petrucci to pull a goal back eight minutes from time.

The Reds sliced open Trafford’s defence and substitute Nick Ajose squared for Petrucci to slot home.

And they equalised with just two minutes remaining when Ajose latched onto a ball over the top and rolled the ball past Jowsey."

PS18

We've got a relative wealth of attacking options and I doubt there'll be many stronger in midfield than us but the defence worries me slightly. Joe Dudgeon getting fully fit and a run of games under his belt would help a lot.