Reserve Team Manager: Ole Watch

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Twitter

Ole Gunnar #Solskjær is home in Kristiansund and is set to hold talks with #Molde. #mufc

Would be sad to see him leave, but he can't be resserve boss at United forever and the AM role is unlikely in the short term, so he probably needs to move in order to progress and maybe come back as United manager some day.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Twitter

Ole Gunnar #Solskjær is home in Kristiansund and is set to hold talks with #Molde. #mufc

Would be sad to see him leave, but he can't be resserve boss at United forever and the AM role is unlikely in the short term, so he probably needs to move in order to progress and maybe come back as United manager some day.
Agree. Simply staying in your comfort zone is not the way to progress...great a job as he has done. I hope for one he takes it up and returns one day though I can't help wondering if he shouldn't apply for a post in a more testing league....France maybe

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
it would also, possibly, be good for the club itself. If Giggs/Neville/Scholes retire in the summer, as any of them could, Ole leaving would open up coaching/management spots for the fringe sides. They could do similar to what Ole did - they could take roles with the academy side, with Paul McGuinness taking over the reserve side, (99% of the players having played under him for the academy)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I hope he gets the Molde job, as much as I love the guy, we shouldn't expect him to stall his managerial career.

Hope he makes a successful career of himself and then returns back to United as the manager.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Bad news....

Twitter

man utd reserve team manager, ole gunnar solskjær, to move back to his native norway by the end of year. ostensibly to take over molde
As I have said previously, I would like Solskjaer to stay, but if he is serious about being manager of United some day he needs to make the step into management at some point, away from OT first. Seems like now may be the time for him.

I do wonder about the choice though - he has spoken about returning home to Norway previously for family reasons, so I wonder is this a planned career step or him kinda stepping away from football - is Molde the best choice for him from a career development standpoint? Will be interesting to see how he, and this situation, develops.

Will also be interesting to see how the staff is realligned. Had it been in the summer, I could have seen one of our older players, Giggs etc, taking over the U18 side with McGuinness taking over the Reserve side, but if it is going to happen over the next few weeks that is not really an option.

Inigo Montoya

Bad news....

Twitter

As I have said previously, I would like Solskjaer to stay, but if he is serious about being manager of United some day he needs to make the step into management at some point, away from OT first. Seems like now may be the time for him.

I do wonder about the choice though - he has spoken about returning home to Norway previously for family reasons, so I wonder is this a planned career step or him kinda stepping away from football - is Molde the best choice for him from a career development standpoint? Will be interesting to see how he, and this situation, develops.

Will also be interesting to see how the staff is realligned. Had it been in the summer, I could have seen one of our older players, Giggs etc, taking over the U18 side with McGuinness taking over the Reserve side, but if it is going to happen over the next few weeks that is not really an option.

First and foremost he has to what's best for him and his family. As far as his career goes who knows what his long term plans are. Molde may not be the stepping stone to Utd but it could lead to another job in a higher profile environment, maybe Germany,Netherlands before coming back to the Prem.

Certainly the words of SAF recently that the next manager must be experienced couldn't have been lost on OGS. In a few yeaars when his kids are older, who would rule him out taking over. While I'd love to see him back in the future I don't see him among the front runners at this stage

Eriku

Bad news....

Twitter

Hm... The source I saw for this today was "Se&Hør" (like Heat for Noggies or smth), so I dunno how much I trust it ;P

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It wasn't always motivational to coach a reserve team. Sometimes we'd face pure youth teams, the only question was whether we'd win by 5 goals or more.

Inigo Montoya

It wasn't always motivational to coach a reserve team. Sometimes we'd face pure youth teams, the only question was whether we'd win by 5 goals or more.
Sounds like it was the right time to make the step up.

Really you can't blame the man, he could have stayed in his comfort zone for as long as SAF wanted him to, but he needs to be his own man.