Reserves live

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
roxyfella said:
For those without MUTV, tonights match against Blackburn can be seen HERE
I think with so many of our best youngsters out on loan... our reserves will struggle to win the league for a 3rd season running.

twitter thread suggester
Penalty for United. Phil Marsh to shot.

And he MISSES!!!!!

Bu he gets the rebound!

GOOOOAAAAL!!!!

1-0

BezsMaracas

We've been well on top first half, the two Jones' have been running the midfield, with David Jones looking particularly sharp going forward. Smith doesn't look anywhere near match fit yet, he's well off the pace but has still managed a few trade mark tackles.

twitter thread suggester
David Jones has looked class.

Great save by Kuszczak after the corner.

twitter thread suggester
Jamie Mullin also looks great and very exciting - with Martin out on loan it's good to see someone like Mullin, who's got a style like Lee Martin.

BezsMaracas

There was the occasional 'die die glazer fecking die' chant going on as well. Some cnut was trying to get them to take it off the ad boards in the first half.

I've said it a thousand times on here but i'll say it again anyway, David Jones is too good for reserve team football, either get him in the first team squad proper or let him move somewhere that will let him play his football. I've backed Fletcher so often but there is no reason that he should be getting games ahead of Jones right now, he never puts a foot wrong.

BezsMaracas

On a seperate note, was it Man Utd Mrs that the camera panned to in the second half and Paddy got surprised when he realised it was a woman? ;)

twitter thread suggester
KaiserSoze666 said:
Why? He tried slapping Shawcross in the face, isn't that a sending off?
I just don't think it was that serious tbh. I only saw the situation once so I might be wrong :)

BezsMaracas

It wasn't that serious in truth, but the fact is he tried to smack him in the face, which is a straight red. I think Paddy was just staring at MUM's brolly so didn't see what he did.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
KaiserSoze666 said:
There was the occasional 'die die glazer fecking die' chant going on as well. Some cnut was trying to get them to take it off the ad boards in the first half.

I've said it a thousand times on here but i'll say it again anyway, David Jones is too good for reserve team football, either get him in the first team squad proper or let him move somewhere that will let him play his football. I've backed Fletcher so often but there is no reason that he should be getting games ahead of Jones right now, he never puts a foot wrong.
He wasn't great in the final half-hour

I've always liked him too, but I fear he's too weak and too slow

BezsMaracas

He does look weak, but he never seems to get knocked off the ball. Being pacey isn't exactly the be all for central midfielders either, we've had enough quality slow cnuts in there before. I just want him to get his chance because I think we'll really regret it if he goes elsewhere.

Tribec

It wasn't the easiest of games to play tonight, the weather made the pitch rather skiddy and lots of passes were over hit. It took United a while to get into the game, but once they settled down they took control. The two Jones in the middle played well in the first half though in the second Ritchie was MIA. Moving Kieran Lee in there added to the problems a bit as he looked lost in there. I rate Lee, but he's certainly not a midfielder.

Smith looked well out of touch, if anything he looked worse than Ole did against Liverpool last season, when he came back. If SAF thinks he's going to be ready for mid September he's got to have something up his sleeve. It's going to be more like October on this performance.

The sending off was the correct decision, but from an experienced player to do that was just stupid, similar to Campo last year. What makes it worse for Jeffers is that Mark Hughes was in the stands watching. He didn't even complain about the decision, unlike the penalty call. I think he knew what was coming.

Once this team get's going and one or two players settle down a bit, I'm sure we're going to see a good season once more, but and this is a similar problem to the first team, we are a bit devoid of strikers at this level. With Rossi gone, it was left to Marsh to jump in up front.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
KaiserSoze666 said:
On a seperate note, was it Man Utd Mrs that the camera panned to in the second half and Paddy got surprised when he realised it was a woman? ;)

I think you are being a little cheeky now...:D

I was on the other side.............minus a brolley!

:lol:

Tribec

Considering the rain and all that, Ice Station Zebra was suffering a heat wave last night. I was going to wear a big coat but was glad I didn't. Saying that some thing never change up at Hyde, they never have enough provisions within the ground. Before half time they'd ran out of Meat and Potato pies, and some poor kid had to go asking for loo roll as there was none in the toilets. What made it worse was he asked at the food kiosk for some tissues, which they didn't give him. So they shouted across the concourse to someone else, making sure everyone knew the situation. Good job he wasn't desperate!!!

Red17

Smith looks quite a few games away from being ready for the first team. Wasn't really in the game. At least he got 90 mins today and hopefully another 90 next week in the Lancashire Cup against Stockport.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good result, and not a bad performance in tough conditions. Shawcross did well again. Kuszczak and D.Jones had good games as you'd expect. I like the look of Sean Evans. Mullan has some skills but is very raw. Kieron Lee played well too. Don't think much of David Gray - either as a singer or as a young scottish centre-half. Ritchie Jones had an excellent first half, and a sloppy second - he's tough and solid, but passes sometimes go astray. Danny Rose looked out of position. Marsh looked out of his depth. Smith offered almost no movement and didn't impose himself - disappointing.

BezsMaracas

I was very impressed with Shawcross at the back, never looked troubled and was very good in the air. David Jones was again the stand out player though, everything positive went through him, the way he goes past players despite his lack of pace is great to watch.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
I was impressed with Ryan Shawcross,Jamie Mullan,Kieran Lee and Kuszczak.
Smithy didn't really seem very interested in the game.

"Ginger" Barnes looked very good last night,too...............

Out of Interest ,Tribec, was the halftime draw and the attendance announced? The tannoy was very muffled and shit,last night.........

More importantly,did I win it? ;)

I'm sure I heard Hughsey say "It's colder here than in Blackburn...no wonder they call it Ice Station Zebra..."

:D

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Tribec said:
Considering the rain and all that, Ice Station Zebra was suffering a heat wave last night. I was going to wear a big coat but was glad I didn't. Saying that some thing never change up at Hyde, they never have enough provisions within the ground. Before half time they'd ran out of Meat and Potato pies, and some poor kid had to go asking for loo roll as there was none in the toilets. What made it worse was he asked at the food kiosk for some tissues, which they didn't give him. So they shouted across the concourse to someone else, making sure everyone knew the situation. Good job he wasn't desperate!!!

It was you,wasn't it?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Man Utd Mrs said:
I was .
Trying to stay dry.:D

Did you go?
I try to get to as many games as possible.....Academy on a Saturday morning (home and away) unless it clashes with a first team game. I go home and away to the Reserves unless I am away with work......

I normally stand opposite the main stand on the far right hand side under cover with about 20 other lads.....

The rain stopped just in time to walk around to the entrance a minute or so from the end......and then able to get to my car....

BezsMaracas

When I used to play there the ball would always be going into the school grounds next door, it looks weird with a roof at all the ends now.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
KaiserSoze666 said:
When I used to play there the ball would always be going into the school grounds next door, it looks weird with a roof at all the ends now.
I used to go to that Junior school.
It was called Leigh Street.
We used to "slog "the rounders ball over the wall into Ewen Fields so we could climb over and mess about.

Looks weird now the school has gone....doesn't look big enough to have fitted the school in there.

Stuart Hall ("Its a knockout" fame)went there ,too, though many years earlier,I am hasten to add!

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
TonyPark said:
I try to get to as many games as possible.....Academy on a Saturday morning (home and away) unless it clashes with a first team game. I go home and away to the Reserves unless I am away with work......

I normally stand opposite the main stand on the far right hand side under cover with about 20 other lads.....

The rain stopped just in time to walk around to the entrance a minute or so from the end......and then able to get to my car....
Are you the one that always shouts at the Ref?

"Red ball,Ref"

He makes me laugh..........

Tribec

Man Utd Mrs said:
It was you,wasn't it?

Why thank you, it's been ages since I was regarded as a kid. Being almost 35 that's a compliment, and as for the toilet... No way, I try to avoid open air toilets like the plauge.... I just don't trust them.

As for me, I sit in the main stand, near the directors box.... I had a great view of that Blackburn player taking the the shot in the neither regions..... I don't think anyone female or make didn't wince who saw it from the same angle as myself.

I'm hoping to make up for giving up my season ticket this year by taking in as many reserve games myself. Is the Stockport game at Edgley Park? Also where do Boro play there reserve games??

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Man Utd Mrs said:
Are you the one that always shouts at the Ref?

"Red ball,Ref"

He makes me laugh..........
Yep! That's me! ................All my mates laugh at me for yelling that out. They take the piss but I am just so biased.....

But no.......I don't wear a flat cap!

No yet anyway...........