Reserves to play at Salford rugby ground?

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
Salford Rugby league are building a new £35m stadium at Barton, not far from the Trafford centre and according to our local paper they have formally asked United for their reserve teams to use the ground.

Is that likely or what? I know they've played at Alti and Gigg Lane in the past, do they have a long term agreement with Hyde?

Tribec

I'm not sure on the length of the agreement at Hyde, but it would certainly be a great move for some of us if we can use the new stadium. I mean I could try and walk down Liverpool Road, drinking a half a pint in every pub before each match and then catch the 67 home!!

On a more serious note, this will possibly sound a good move for Utd. It will be closer to Carrington for them and the pitch will be there's throughout the winter, as the rugby team plays in the summer. Without wanting to sound too snotty, the facilities can only be better than they are currently at Hyde as well. For those of us that go to the games, they might be able to meet the demand of the masses with hot drinks and food on the cold winter nights.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
Tribec said:
I'm not sure on the length of the agreement at Hyde, but it would certainly be a great move for some of us if we can use the new stadium. I mean I could try and walk down Liverpool Road, drinking a half a pint in every pub before each match and then catch the 67 home!!
Tried that on my mates stag do a few years back, if you get past 8pm then you're a legend.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Man Utd Mrs said:
I'm upset at this news as it means I probably won't get to go to many games in the future.

:(
I live 5 mins from Hyde so it will also mean a longer trip........but it will make sense...the kids all live in digs in Sale so it would make travelling a lot easier..

Most of the regulars will still turn up though......where do you live MUM?

PS18

Don't suppose this will happen for a good few seasons yet, but hopefully it gets the go ahead - never really warmed to Hyde at all (not to mention it being a pain transport wise) and was disappointed when we moved the games away from Alty. Playing at Barton would be a lot more convenient.

Tribec

PS18 said:
Don't suppose this will happen for a good few seasons yet, but hopefully it gets the go ahead - never really warmed to Hyde at all (not to mention it being a pain transport wise) and was disappointed when we moved the games away from Alty. Playing at Barton would be a lot more convenient.
It's impossible to warm to Hyde, because when it's like a freezer, even in the middle of summer in that ground. I'm sure they have a freezer pumping cold air around that ground throughout the time it's open.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Tribec said:
It's impossible to warm to Hyde, because when it's like a freezer, even in the middle of summer in that ground. I'm sure they have a freezer pumping cold air around that ground throughout the time it's open.
That is very true,Tribec. :lol:
It's all the bracing air blowing down from Werneth Low!