Reserves v Blackburn tonight

Virtuoso

I thought Macheda's attitude was brilliant to be honest, it was a very frustrating game for him - he was given next to nothing in terms of supply and yet he was charging back and taking the ball off their midfielders and trying to get us going. He was a bit silly in throwing the ball to the ground angrily but that sort of thing has never boiled over with him (their players were much more petulent even resorting to kicking the ball at our players). Players like Rooney etc all have that irrepressible desire to win and Macheda seems to have that as well and he certainly isn't one to shirk away or disappear when the going gets tough. He has enough quality to make it in my opinion too, we unfortunately couldn't get him into the match enough tonight.

By the way, that assist by Davide Petrucci was nothing less than sublime. Good finish by Brandy too, a real quality goal. De Laet did look a little dodgy, could have easily got himself sent off and didn't seem comfortable overall.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
De Laet is a right nutter. Decent pace and strenght, shame about the passing.

I was really looking forward to seeing James and Macheda, sadly the former looked tired and the latter never really got into the game. But then the entire team was sub-par. I'm sure we'll redeem ourselves on Thursday even though 3 games in a week is a slight overkill after a long period of no games at all.

cj_sparky

Blackburn had quite a few first team players in their ranks last night. I think they made it harder for some of our youngsters. Their experience really showed at time in the match.

skysplitter

Who else thought the ref was terrible and gave us nothing from the first minute.
i dont think the united players helped.they were giving back chat to the ref from the start and i dont think he was going to take it from those young wipper snapers.Macheda was lucky not to be red carded as he threw the ball
Intentionally at the ref.

jb8521

i dont think the united players helped.they were giving back chat to the ref from the start and i dont think he was going to take it from those young wipper snapers.Macheda was lucky not to be red carded as he threw the ball
Intentionally at the ref.
No he didnt he threw it down and it bounced in the general direction of the ref, you could work for the sun with that kind of sensationalism

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Damn... Are there any highlights floating around?

RedPhil1957

No he didnt he threw it down and it bounced in the general direction of the ref, you could work for the sun with that kind of sensationalism

and it followed a blackburn player kicking the ball away when nothing was done.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
has anyone seen any vids online from this game? Petruccis ball to Brandy was stunning, would love to see it again.