Reserves V Liverpool ???

jb8521

Am I right in saying this is on tonight? Havent seen or heard anything on it. Apologies if Im wrong, its listed on a reserve team fixture sheet I have.
Yes its tonight kick off 7 oclock. Coverage on mutv from 6:30

PS18

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named a strong side for United’s Reserves match against Liverpool at Altrincham’s Moss Lane tonight.

Five of the provisional starting XI have first-team experience, including goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak, midfielder Rodrigo Possebon and Serbian winger Zoran Tosic.

Tosic figured as a second-half substitute for the senior side in the Reds' recent wins over Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion, but tonight will be his first start at any level in a United shirt.

Ritchie de Laet, who arrived from Stoke City recently, starts at the back, while Lee Martin makes his first United appearance since returning from a loan spell at Championship outfit Nottingham Forest.

Tonight’s game kicks off at 19:00 GMT and is free for season ticket holders to attend. Otherwise, entry is £5 adults, £2 concessions. The game will also be screened live on MUTV.

Provisional United side: Kuszczak; Evans C, de Laet, Chester, James, Martin, Possebon, Drinkwater, Tosic; Brandy, Macheda

Subs: Amos, Derbyshire, Eikrem, Petrucci, Bryan
Strong side that, should be very interesting to watch.

prateik

the defense looks weak .. makeshift .. gray /cathcart on loan
who will play LB ? matty james ?? no ecks either .. he has made the step up .

looking forward to it

jb8521

Cheers lads. Hope Petrucci gets a run out again. jb you havent got a clip of his pass the other night for Brandys goal??? A few posters havent seen it yet. Deserves another airing.
Think it got deleted from my sky plus but ill check when I get home or if they show it before tonights match I'll stick it up.
Actually I do have it I'll put up the link on the Blackburn match thread Deco

I hoped Tosic would be involved in this match. That probably rules him out for Saturday then. But he needs more games to get his rhythm and a full 90 mins tonight would do him good.

jb8521

the defense looks weak .. makeshift .. gray /cathcart on loan
who will play LB ? matty james ?? no ecks either .. he has made the step up .

looking forward to it
Will probably be Corry Evans at left back and Matt James in the centre Id say

cj_sparky

Looking forward to this, will be more interesting with a few of the lads back in after loans and dropping down from the first team.

This is on LFC TV, it would save me looking for a stream....but I can't bear the thought of scouse commentating.

PS18

Strange formation at the minute, hard to work out who's playing where exactly.

muller

Anyone got a link for this they wouldnt mind sharing?

Hows the opening few minutes going?

Decotron

15mins gone. Not that much in the match. United probably making more use of the ball. De laet is in for a hard night against el zar or whatever. Bit of needle to it. 2 yellows so far. Paddy is by far the most entertaining thing about this match!

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
If anybody has a link I'd appreciate it. Can't seem to find any that works.

cj_sparky

The commentating is cringe worthy...making my skin itch.

The crowd are well up for this I must agree. Rafa's cracking up :lol:

Brandy is looking speedy n making a nuisance of himself. Da Laet is looking better in this first half hour than he did against Blackburn's reserves.

Tosic can pick a pass!

twitter thread suggester
Tosic needs to concentrate more on getting the easy passes right, rather than doing stepovers all the time.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ngog handballs - this is the bloke keeping Keane out of the squad at times.

jb8521

Macheda has a goal disallowed for offside when he looked on

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Tozza's been lively. Uses his childlike body well. Quick and tough, sweet left foot. But you'd expect a player with such a price-tag to be a cut above at this level, even if it is his debut.