Reserves vs Newcastle

noodlehair

"It's like..."
2-0 up at the moment, with half hour gone

Mullen with the second. No idea who got the first, or of the line ups. Smith's playing though

Red17

First goal was by Barnes.

Line-up:

Heaton,
Lee, Chester, Lea, S.Evans,
Mullan, Eagles, N'Galula, Barnes,
Smith, Dong.

superdave

Is Dong available for the first team now?

With the led we have in the prem he should get a run out

Einar15

The game ended 3-0 for United, Chris Eagles scoring the third goal.Alan Smith played really well upfront and Barnes was good on the wing. Floribert Ngalula was great in midfield but for me the man of the match was James Chester at center-back he was great winning all the headers and making alot of important tackles.

umair

Einar15 said:
The game ended 3-0 for United, Chris Eagles scoring the third goal.Alan Smith played really well upfront and Barnes was good on the wing. Floribert Ngalula was great in midfield but for me the man of the match was James Chester at center-back he was great winning all the headers and making alot of important tackles.
How good did ngalula look? first team material/fringes? Is smith ready to take over larson? is he sharp enough now and the smith of old?

December_16

Sean Evans should be one of the most versatile reserves we've had. I think he used to play on left wing and up front. Now full back?

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
James Chester had a great game.
He looked so self assured.

Chris Eagles played another good game.
Smithy looked better.
Kieran Lee Looked really solid.I like this lad...I can see him going far.

Wasn't it cold at Ewen Fields tonight?....
....Jesus wept. :eek:

Tribec

Man Utd Mrs said:
He looked so self assured.

Chris Eagles played another good game.
Smithy looked better.
Kieran Lee Looked really solid.I like this lad...I can see him going far.

Wasn't it cold at Ewen Fields tonight?....
....Jesus wept. :eek:
Thank you work, keeping me from getting home till around 9.30 tonight. Other wise I'd have been frozen again.... I've missed the last couple of games now through work, it's not on......

RedPhil1957

December_16 said:
Sean Evans should be one of the most versatile reserves we've had. I think he used to play on left wing and up front. Now full back?

Most of our players are played in different positions, helps all round game and understanding of what their team mates are doing

Barnes played left back last week

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Tribec said:
Thank you work, keeping me from getting home till around 9.30 tonight. Other wise I'd have been frozen again.... I've missed the last couple of games now through work, it's not on......
Nope.....

You're going to have to put your foot down with a firm hand and demand to be frozen to death at "Ice Station Zebra".........

:D

M160RA

Man Utd Mrs said:
He looked so self assured
I heard Bower saying on MUTV that this is only Chester's second appearance for the reserves. Seems like we're producing a lot of good young CBs in our academy...Evans, Cathcart, and now Chester as well.

PS18

I swear Ewen Fields has it's own microclimate. it's like a siberian outpost at times. not good when you forget your gloves :(

pretty much echo what everyone else has said - Kieran Lee was outstanding, James Chester looked completely at home and won absolutely everything aerially, Flo played better than I've seen him in a long time, Eagles continued his fine recent form and Smithy looked pretty good (and gave the ref a torrid evening!). three really well-taken goals as well, Eagles' in particular was a great strike.

only disappointment for me was Dong really. bar one really nice touch for Mullan's goal he never really got it into the game and made far too many basic mistakes. still early days for him over here though of course.

westlife4ever

PS18 said:
Smithy looked pretty good (and gave the ref a torrid evening!)
:devil:

match report on ManUtd.com: http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=407490

and my routine question: who were the unused subs?:cool:

Einar15

the unused subs were Lee Crockett, Richard Eckersley and Tom Cleverley.

PS18

^Red Devil^ said:
Dong's got some nice size about him doesn't he? About 190cm isn't he?
his physique's certainly not a problem. needs to get used to the pace of the game though, far too often he's caught on his heels and a defender nips in ahead of him.

westlife4ever

Dong needs time to adapt to English football, just as he did in his early Antwerp days.

Red17

Our resident RAFC reporter, I recall, has described Dong as not frequently involve in the games he play but will however always pop up to score goals.