Reserves vs Sheffield United

PS18

Tonight at Hyde, unless i'm very much mistaken.

Be interesting to see the team we put out (no word on it yet afaik) considering the u18's played last night of course and the first team need all the bodies they can get at the minute. Presume neither Cathcart or Chester will play, so i guess it'll be Flo alongside Michael Lea, leaving a place in midfield to be filled. Upfront I'd guess Burns will partner Dong with Smudger being saved for first-team duty?

something like:

Heaton

Lee
N'Galula
Lea
S Evans

Mullan
Eagles
?? (maybe Corry Evans or Conor McCormack? have i forgotten someone obvious?)
Barnes

Burns
Dong

maybe?

PS18

i assume so, he's not featured for ages (last time he was involved was on the bench for the mini-derby on december 7th). bit of a mystery that one actually.

Dev

I will probably watch this. If I can be bothered.

Red17

Official Line Up:

Zieler,
McCormack, N'Galula, Lea, S.Evans,
Mullan, Eagles, K.Lee, Barnes,
Burns, Dong.

Subs: Crockett, Derbyshire, Bryan, Eikrem.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
samabachan said:
Surely Sheff Utd reserves would slaughter a lad of Eikrem's stature?
a nice encouragement for him to be involved with the reserves though, after a rough few weeks

PS18

Pretty dire stuff. We were always going to struggle against a team of that nature (big, physical, some would say a dirty bunch of cloggers, i couldn't possibly comment) and even more so with our numbers depleted by youth cup/first team duty, but no-one really came out of that with any credit bar maybe Ron-Robert in nets (although i missed the second goal so i can't say for sure he was without fault). Not much of a turnout either, and blisteringly cold as ever - miserable evening all-round really.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
PS18 said:
Pretty dire stuff. We were always going to struggle against a team of that nature (big, physical, some would say a dirty bunch of cloggers, i couldn't possibly comment) and even more so with our numbers depleted by youth cup/first team duty, but no-one really came out of that with any credit bar maybe Ron-Robert in nets (although i missed the second goal so i can't say for sure he was without fault). Not much of a turnout either, and blisteringly cold as ever - miserable evening all-round really.
Yeah, it was a bit miserable.
....and bloody cold, as usual.
:(

PS18

it was weird, in the first half i was thinking to myself that it was nowhere near as cold as normal (probably helped that i had to run and fetch the ball a couple of times). came out for the second half and that familiar biting chill was back :(

Kelvin

Worrying, Sheffield ain't exactly that great either.

PS18

They're not, but they were a much bigger side with more experience. We always tend to struggle against those sides at reserve level as they play in a style completely alien to how our kids have been brought up, and even more so this season as we haven't someone like a Rossi who can win games on his own. You have to remember the squad was seriously depleted as well.

PS18

exactly. having to play Flo at centre-back meant we really missed him in the middle of the park where Lee and Eagles couldn't really compete. we essentially had a left winger, a left back and two central midfielders as the back four.

PS18

Bryan replaced Burns after about an hour or so if memory serves. did pretty well (in the context of the team's performance anyway), was lively, put himself about and made much more of an impact than Burns had. the others didn't get on, unsurprisingly really - Eikrem especially would have been a lamb to the slaughter.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
This game showed how the reserves can struggle without any of the main players.