Television Resident Evil - New Netflix Series

AaronRedDevil

Why can’t they just fecking do a show with Chris, Claire, Jill and Leon and stop fecking about. Last thing we need is another resident evil thing with “Alice”. Another non character.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well it might be good. Witcher on Netflix is decent so far.

Superunknown

I don't see why we've never got a straightforward adaptation from the games to the films. It seems like such an obvious thing to do and I could see it really working, plus with a bit of licence to add additional elements for flavour. The movies are absolute trash and the first film is barely relatable to the original game at all, stylistically and narratively. It really annoys me how much it deviates, because it does it to the point where it bares little resemblance to the original material.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Resident Evil has a great storyline, not sure why they need to mess around with it.

I hope they do a Silent Hill series. That franchise has so much potential.

Superunknown

Resident Evil has a great storyline, not sure why they need to mess around with it.

I hope they do a Silent Hill series. That franchise has so much potential.
Get the creators and writers of The Haunting of Hill House to do Silent Hill. Think they could do it justice.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Resident Evil has a ok-ish story line for... a game.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Resident Evil is very much B-movies, and you can make it fun and entertaining if the writers and cast understand the material, realise it's B-movie schlock and not to take it seriously.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The movies were pretty cool in a B-movie way. And Mila Jovovic is hot (can i say that?)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The movies were pretty cool in a B-movie way. And Mila Jovovic is hot (can i say that?)
Ive never got the fascination with her.

I enjoyed the movies though, sure one of them had pretty cool music too, Marilyn Manson thing and some slipknot song.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
*Some benign stuff happening*

FECKIN GREAT BANG

Holy shit you got me there what a great horror series

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Ive never got the fascination with her.

I enjoyed the movies though, sure one of them had pretty cool music too, Marilyn Manson thing and some slipknot song.
I find her hot sometimes and not other times. It's fun trying to play 'spot the nipple' shot in Resident Evil 1 movie. It's definitely there, I checked it back when I was a horny teenage :lol: :nervous:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I find her hot sometimes and not other times. It's fun trying to play 'spot the nipple' shot in Resident Evil 1 movie. It's definitely there, I checked it back when I was a horny teenage :lol: :nervous:
Smart kid!

I used to just go through clothing catalogues for the sexy underwear you could see through. Those were the days.

Ainu

Wesker kids, New Raccoon City, this is going to be complete garbage that has very little, if anything, to do with the Resident Evil games. Dead on arrival.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Wesker kids, New Raccoon City, this is going to be complete garbage that has very little, if anything, to do with the Resident Evil games. Dead on arrival.
Weaker had a kid in Resident Evil 6 IIRC, but yeah I agree it’s probably going to be a load of shite.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Your already know how this will turn out. Teenage drama crap where every now and then they'll show something horrific Wesker did that is haunting the kids.

It will be a bit like Lock and Key I reckon.

Ainu

Weaker had a kid in Resident Evil 6 IIRC, but yeah I agree it’s probably going to be a load of shite.
Still, that's RE6, not exactly the highlight of the series or the reason why people got into it. I don't get why they can't just do something with the first couple of games. There's a gold mine of iconic locations and characters in RE1 and 2, the games that shaped the entire series. Just use it!

EwanI Ted

Resident Evil's problem is that a lack of any sort of quality control over the years, along with a wild number of spin offs, has meant that there really isn't any sort of agreed central canon any more. It would be interesting to see a TV series that spent some more time exploring the backstory around some of the events in the mainline games, but the backstory doesn't make any sense, so its kind of impossible to do it.

Instead developers keep having to come up with new stuff that kind of ignores what's gone on before and comes up with new plots and settings that sometimes contradicts earlier games. That's just about ok in a computer game, where a sequel can be as much about game mechanics as plot, but it makes a film or TV series impossible. Best case scenario for this TV show is that its good in its own right, while having nothing to do with the plots of earlier games other than the other knowing nod or Easter egg.