Resting Pogba...

Yakuza_devils

I agree that Pogba and Matic should be given rest in the next few games especially against Fulham.

The squad need to be rotated to keep everyone fresh. The end of season games are more intense and the last thing we want is the players are already worn out before the run in. SAF was brilliant in rotation and he was the first manager to implement the system in England

SAFMUTD

I agree that Pogba and Matic should be given rest in the next few games especially against Fulham.

The squad need to be rotated to keep everyone fresh. The end of season games are more intense and the last thing we want is the players are already worn out before the run in. SAF was brilliant in rotation and he was the first manager to implement the system in England
To change both Pogba and Matic would be a shot to the face, who would you sub them for? Neither Fred, Pereira nor McTominnay are trustworthy at the moment. Maybe give Garner a chance?

Yakuza_devils

To change both Pogba and Matic would be a shot to the face, who would you sub them for? Neither Fred, Pereira nor McTominnay are trustworthy at the moment. Maybe give Garner a chance?
Did I say to rotate them both in the same game?

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Martial is not doing much.
Our full backs have not been able to regularly help out in attack.
Lingard and Rashford will look to feed off the service and good work done by pogba and the other forward.

Martial has not been doing much. If we don't play pogba against fulham, we could be in trouble.

Pogba has to play each game. The hope is that Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Lukaku can keep rotating to have some a decent game to help out.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Of course we can rest him. Ole's side doesn't depend on Pogba. He's been terrific but so has everyone else. I'm sure we will have enough to dispose of Burnley with Pogba on the bench.
He has been directly involved in 12 of the 20 goals we have scored in the league since Solsjaker has taken over. If everyone else has been terrific, Pogba has been outstanding.

GioF

Of course Pogba needs a rest before the key games against PSG, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The only way I would see how we could make it work is to play Mata in his role against Southampton and Fulham. That way we would still get the creativity in the middle of the park and keep three forwards on the field at the same time.

Against teams like Southampton and Fulham (who aren’t physical teams) we can afford to replace Mata for Pogba to give him some extra recovery time.

Against the likes of Palace we need PP and Matic due to the physical presence of their team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He has been directly involved in 12 of the 20 goals we have scored in the league since Solsjaker has taken over. If everyone else has been terrific, Pogba has been outstanding.
Are you understanding the point I've made? Or do you want to just bang on about how great Pogba has been, which is not even something I debated.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are you understanding the point I've made? Or do you want to just bang on about how great Pogba has been, which is not even something I debated.
Do you understand the point I’m making? Pogba has been absolutely pivotal to every game so far. The idea we should just arbitrarily ‘rest him’ despite no signs of decline or fatigue is an alien concept to me. There’s 6 days between his last game and the game against Fulham. 4 days between that and PSG. He’s a big boy. He’ll be fine.

He seems to be one of the fittest and most athletic players in the league - does he need a rest at this point?

He didn't play in the team for Jose's last games and also was benched earlier on too, so he's had rests.

I think if the manager feels he needs to protect Pogba then if we're a couple of goals up with 30 mins to go bring him off. But we can't just go resting our best player for the heck of it.

In the past our best players like Keane, Rooney etc. Would always play 50 odd games a season - I can't see why Pogba can't do that

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do you understand the point I’m making? Pogba has been absolutely pivotal to every game so far. The idea we should just arbitrarily ‘rest him’ despite no signs of decline or fatigue is an alien concept to me. There’s 6 days between his last game and the game against Fulham. 4 days between that and PSG. He’s a big boy. He’ll be fine.
Sound like you didn't read my post properly, I didn't suggest we "arbitrarily" rest him. I said if he needed a rest we can afford to give him one, given we will have more than enough to dispatch of Fulham.

OleTheGreat

If Pogba is fit, he's capable of playing every game in the league, the cups and the CL. His fitness levels are good plus he reads the game very well which means less ineffective movement and more with the attacking purpose. Ander, Nemanja, Fred and Perriera should be shuffled around. Although i'm guessing Perriera won't play a lot but come on. He hasn't played in a long time and when he did, it was in a different positions. So i think he deserves another chance.

Adebesi

Yeah a lot of people making a lot of sense in here about resting Pogba being unnecessary, probably makes more sense to rest Matic.

I do worry about that midfield 3 getting overplayed though, I do want to keep it fresh and I do want the players waiting in the wings to be match sharp.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Why's that because they have only had a week to rest this week, behave yourself
I would probably rest Matic tomorrow as he looks a knackered. However, I'm not OGS and I'm not looking at the big picture, or weeks in advanced. I just sense that if Pogba doesn't sit out a little his performance will drop or the chances of injury will go up. A center defender can play almost every match during a season, a midfielder just can't play 3 times every 2 weeks month after month without consequences.