Revamp substitutes

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Between all the argument over whether we should stick with 3 subs or 5 subs like all other major European leagues, I feel like we should have a total revamp of the substitutes rule.

Leagues should all implement a cap of the total substitutes teams are allowed to make in a season, but teams are allowed to choose during the match how many actual subs they want to make in the game itself.

For example, if we set the cap to an average of 4 subs per game and we only use 1 sub in the first game, the club will be allowed to use that 3 extra subs in any game they like or they're even allowed to throw the kitchen sink in and make a wholesale change of all 11 players in a single game and be forced to use a lower number of subs until they make it all balance again.

Make it mandatory for a certain number of substitutes per season to involve a player from the academy system.

Reasons why I would want to implement this change,

1) It'll reduce the number of games where an injured player has to play on or his club play with a man down as they've already made all their subs.

2) it'll make for more entertaining football as coaches can decide if they want to give it their all in an important game or just throw it by subbing in youngsters.

3) Gives more chances for younger players to shine and hopefully kick on from there and have a great career.

4) Scene on here would be fantastic as some posters goes ballistic over a manager throwing a game or when a manager goes balls out and makes a complete change in the team to comeback and win a match.

acnumber9

Or, we could make it a ten year substitution rule. That would make it even more interesting. Imagine a manager having to decide if he wants a sub this season or consider whether he’ll need it next season. Or every fourth sub has to come on wearing slippers. Imagine the tactical decisions managers would have to make then.

Matriac

Or, we could make it a ten year substitution rule. That would make it even more interesting. Imagine a manager having to decide if he wants a sub this season or consider whether he’ll need it next season. Or every fourth sub has to come on wearing slippers. Imagine the tactical decisions managers would have to make then.

:lol::lol::lol:

"Fooking hell, the ex manager really screwed us over leaving us with this squad, and we can't even make a sub for the next TWO years!!!"

acnumber9

I would have the viewers at home vote for when and who should be substituted.
Great idea. Though if we want to make it more entertaining we’d need to take a break in the match for a results show hosted by Dermot O’Leary where we get to see the losing subs eliminated.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Between all the argument over whether we should stick with 3 subs or 5 subs like all other major European leagues, I feel like we should have a total revamp of the substitutes rule.

Leagues should all implement a cap of the total substitutes teams are allowed to make in a season, but teams are allowed to choose during the match how many actual subs they want to make in the game itself.

For example, if we set the cap to an average of 4 subs per game and we only use 1 sub in the first game, the club will be allowed to use that 3 extra subs in any game they like or they're even allowed to throw the kitchen sink in and make a wholesale change of all 11 players in a single game and be forced to use a lower number of subs until they make it all balance again.

Make it mandatory for a certain number of substitutes per season to involve a player from the academy system.

Reasons why I would want to implement this change,

1) It'll reduce the number of games where an injured player has to play on or his club play with a man down as they've already made all their subs.

2) it'll make for more entertaining football as coaches can decide if they want to give it their all in an important game or just throw it by subbing in youngsters.

3) Gives more chances for younger players to shine and hopefully kick on from there and have a great career.

4) Scene on here would be fantastic as some posters goes ballistic over a manager throwing a game or when a manager goes balls out and makes a complete change in the team to comeback and win a match.
No.

Uniquim

3 subs from 7 (per game) is the right amount imo.

Even this season with all the talk of player welfare, some of the bigger clubs, don't use all their alloted subs as is. City i.e. 1 sub yesterday, 3 subs (out of 5) v Marseille, 0 v Fulham 1 v Porto.

Only change I'd be open to is an additional GK injury sub, or an extra substitute for extra time, but I'd rather just stick to 3 from 7.

choccy77

Football was much harder pre 2000's era and as early back as the early 80's only one sub was used.

High salaries, luxury lifestyles equals softer players and mindsets