Ridiculous Goalkeeping performances in a single game

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

A quite simply daft performance from Johnsson tonight... I don't think that stat even includes the offside save from Rashford, which was the pick of the bunch for me.

It reminded me of De Gea vs. Arsenal at the Emirates a few seasons back... So with that in mind, what are the some of the great single game goalkeeping performances that come to mind? Bonus points of its from a usually mediocre keeper...

neilv93

Neuer in 2011 against us in the CL semis was the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, he was like a ninja cat.

Siorac

Brad Friedel at Old Trafford in 2007. We beat Blackburn 4-1 in the end but it would have been probably 12-1 but for him.

Chairman Steve

Ah yes, the Friedel effect I call it.

One of the more famous examples is Jan Tomaszewski vs England.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Didn't Tim Howard have an amazing game at a world cup?

Another de Gea one was against Liverpool in van Gaal's 1st season. I think he saved like 5 1-on-1s and we ended up winning 3-0.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
De Gea vs Arsenal. De Gea vs Spurs.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Brad Friedel at Old Trafford in 2007. We beat Blackburn 4-1 in the end but it would have been probably 12-1 but for him.
Yep then a year later 1-1 at Ewood Park he was crazy too.

Paul_Scholes18

I thought he should save most of them. The Martial one was probably the best before the pen.

Gazza

Jürgen Macho was outstanding for Sunderland against United at Old Trafford, I believe it was New Year's Day 2003. We were 1-0 down early on and spent the whole match being denied by Macho, who IIRC was their reserve keeper, until we scored twice in the last 10 minutes, a huge win for us that year. Macho got a move to Chelsea basically off the back of that game, and ended up being a reserve goalie for them for a bit.

vodrake

I remember Tom Heaton having an absolute wordlie against us a few seasons back for Burnley.

Robertd0803

Neuer in 2011 against us in the CL semis was the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, he was like a ninja cat.
We would have won by double figures that night if not for him.

Kuszcsak at Old Trafford in 2005 was pretty good when he was with West Brom.

Chairman Steve

Kuszczak against us when he was at WBA in 2005. Giggs scored a free kick which lead to WBAs No.1 at the time Russell Hoult getting injured in the process. On comes Kuszczak and saves everything hurled at him. That game got him the WBA No.1 spot the following season and probably got him the Utd gig when WBA went down in 2006.

Jericho

Tom Heaton at Old Trafford in 2016, game was 0-0. I remember around that time it felt like keepers were having worldies against us every fecking week.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Neuer for Schalke against Porto. He also was superb in the shootout

Djemba-Djemba

Friedel managed about 5 or 6 once in a lifetime type performances against us over the years.

He was fecking infuriating.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Joe Hart has a couple against Dortmund and Barcelona.

DDG vs Arsenal

Schmeichel vs Newcastle

Traub

Besides for Friedel, I always remember Jussi Jääskeläinen having ridiculous games at Bolton.

Based Adnan

I remember our very own Lee Grant having a worldie vs us when Ibra was here.

Also remember Tomasz Kuszczak being subbed on when he was at West Brom and having a worldie vs us earning West Brom a 1-1 draw. Cheeky Giggs free kick in that game taken quickly.

Djemba-Djemba

Be interesting to see examples from fans of other clubs.

You only tend to remember worldie keeper displays when it's against your team or it's your keeper doing it.

Ace Krampus

Didn't Tim Howard have an amazing game at a world cup?
Against Belgium. Chris Wondolowski must've had money on Belgium because he shanked an opportunity that even Lieutenant Dan could've scored on.

Keylor Navas vanquished Greece in that same 2014 World Cup and won himself that Madrid move off the strength of that single game.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I am amazed nobody has said Schmeichel v Newcastle

*Edit* Oh they have but it was the first thing to come to mind for me.

El-Manos

Belgium vs the United States. That game was mental. Howard was ridiculous, made 16 saves. Most saves in a World Cup game I believe.

Irrational.

There are so many against us. Off the top of my head:

Heaton
Pope
Dubravka
Krul
Friedel
Federici
Hahnemann
Neuer
Kuszczak
Given
Kasper Schmeichel

The keeper tonight tops the lot though. I've never seen a better GK performance against us live.

Gazza

Stephane Henchoz vs United, think it was 2002 or 2003

Edit: in fact I think he had previous for impersonating a keeper, he had a rep for it for a while

RedDevilRoshi

Conrad Logan vs Dundee Utd in the 2016 Scottish Cup semi final. What an absolute hero! :D