Rincón

Jacob

Always wondered how he looks, can't find any pics of him either..

Help please?

Jacob

Not a clue! The only thing I know about him is that he's called Rincón and exist in our Reserve Team in FM.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
No pic but........

The ex-captain of the Brazilian U-17 side was the maiden product, of the partnership agreement etched between Manchester United and São Paulo. The Red Devils sealed the move in 2003, much to the teenager's surprise; "I was on the beach when I was asked to report to the club, because Manchester United wanted me," he revealed. "I thought it was a joke but I'm accustomed to the idea now," added the powerfully built youngster.

The English giants initially agreed to allow Rincón, to continue his development at the renowned São Paulo youth academy, for three years. Twelve months short of this expiration period, United retracted on its decision, in order to accelerate the player's switch to Sporting Lisbon - one of the its principal feeder clubs. "It is best to give him the push in his career," commented United's academy chief, Les Kershaw, after São Paulo was instructed to release him.

Rincón – whose contract with the Old Trafford outfit is due to expire in 2010 (a two-year extension option was included) – will be registered as a Sporting Lisbon player for the start of the 2005/06 season, and is keen on making a swift first-team breakthrough at the José Alvalade Stadium. Although he is capable of operating in a number of positions, including central defence and midfield, the position that he has occupied with most frequency during his amateur career, is the left wing-back one.

Although he is keen to make an impact in the Portuguese SuperLiga, it's in Northern England that Rincón sees his long-term future. "I really like the English language and have been learning it for some time now. I have watched Manchester United on television many times and have seen Silvestre, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy and others. It's a good team but I want to make the first team there as soon as possible."

Rincó was so nicknamed, because of a physical resemblance to Colombian legend Freddy Rincón – ironically, a former star of São Paulo's state rivals, Corinthians. Tall and muscular, the youngster's brawn serves him well, but equally eye-catching, is his explosive speed and unflagging raids down the left flank. His position as captain of the Seleção's under-17 side, was reflective of his inspirational personality and the respect that he commands amongst his team-mates.

There is no doubt that Rincó is one of Brazilian football's best regarded emerging talents, and many experts believe he will go all the way. If his own expectancies are anything to go by, then he has a big future in football. In a testament to his incredible self-belief, the 18-year-old already has designs on Roberto Carlos' place in the full Brazilian National Team! "I want to defend Brazil in the World Cup in Germany. If I don't go in 2006, I will make the squad in one of the next ones," he confidently predicted.

From "New Boys of Brazil" page of Futebol Website.......also a page and photo of Kerlon

M160RA

TonyPark said:
The ex-captain of the Brazilian U-17 side was the maiden product, of the partnership agreement etched between Manchester United and São Paulo. The Red Devils sealed the move in 2003, much to the teenager's surprise; "I was on the beach when I was asked to report to the club, because Manchester United wanted me," he revealed. "I thought it was a joke but I'm accustomed to the idea now," added the powerfully built youngster.

The English giants initially agreed to allow Rincón, to continue his development at the renowned São Paulo youth academy, for three years. Twelve months short of this expiration period, United retracted on its decision, in order to accelerate the player's switch to Sporting Lisbon - one of the its principal feeder clubs. "It is best to give him the push in his career," commented United's academy chief, Les Kershaw, after São Paulo was instructed to release him.

Rincón – whose contract with the Old Trafford outfit is due to expire in 2010 (a two-year extension option was included) – will be registered as a Sporting Lisbon player for the start of the 2005/06 season, and is keen on making a swift first-team breakthrough at the José Alvalade Stadium. Although he is capable of operating in a number of positions, including central defence and midfield, the position that he has occupied with most frequency during his amateur career, is the left wing-back one.

Although he is keen to make an impact in the Portuguese SuperLiga, it's in Northern England that Rincón sees his long-term future. "I really like the English language and have been learning it for some time now. I have watched Manchester United on television many times and have seen Silvestre, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy and others. It's a good team but I want to make the first team there as soon as possible."

Rincó was so nicknamed, because of a physical resemblance to Colombian legend Freddy Rincón – ironically, a former star of São Paulo's state rivals, Corinthians. Tall and muscular, the youngster's brawn serves him well, but equally eye-catching, is his explosive speed and unflagging raids down the left flank. His position as captain of the Seleção's under-17 side, was reflective of his inspirational personality and the respect that he commands amongst his team-mates.

There is no doubt that Rincó is one of Brazilian football's best regarded emerging talents, and many experts believe he will go all the way. If his own expectancies are anything to go by, then he has a big future in football. In a testament to his incredible self-belief, the 18-year-old already has designs on Roberto Carlos' place in the full Brazilian National Team! "I want to defend Brazil in the World Cup in Germany. If I don't go in 2006, I will make the squad in one of the next ones," he confidently predicted.

From "New Boys of Brazil" page of Futebol Website.......also a page and photo of Kerlon
That article has been around for over a year, Tony. I've been trying to find fresh information on Rincon for some time now but have been unable to find anything of substance. He was supposed to have gone to Sporting Lisbon last season, but for some reason the loan never happened and he was still with Sao Paulo's B team. Haven't heard anything new, as far as his status is concerned.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Wonder why we haven't heard anything more on him. If that articles anything to go by, he sounds like a real prospect.

WeasteDevil

Jacob said:
Not a clue! The only thing I know about him is that he's called Rincón and exist in our Reserve Team in FM.
Sorry, it was a quip. A Rincon in Spanish is an exterior corner (they have another word for an interior corner - or it could be the other way round, never can remember).

oskarutd

I couldn´t find him in the Sao Paulo homepage. He was there last year. So I guees this means he is gone somewhere, perhaps to Portugal for getting his pass?

KingEric7

I think he's moved on to Sporting Lisbon now. Are Fabio and Rafael going there eventually?

M160RA

oskarutd said:
I couldn´t find him in the Sao Paulo homepage. He was there last year. So I guees this means he is gone somewhere, perhaps to Portugal for getting his pass?
I too tried looking for him on both Sao Paulo's and Sporting Lisbon's websites and couldn't find anything on him. He isn't listed under Sao Paulo's U-20s roster, and I can't seem to find any info on the Sporting Lisbon website (primarily because the English version doesn't work for me).

So I did some more searching and came across this link:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=35740
In Italian:
Serie A
In arrivo un giovane brasiliano all'Inter
04.08.2006 11.33 di Alessio Calfapietra articolo letto 3678 volte
Operazione in prospettiva dei nerazzurri che, attraverso i buoni uffici di Mino Raiola in Brasile, stanno concludendo l'ingaggio di Rincòn (19), al secolo Carlos Eduardo de Castro Lourenço, difensore polivalente appena svincolatosi dal S.Paolo. Acquistato dal Manchester United tre anni fa e prestato in seguito allo Sporting Lisbona, Rincon è stato capitano della nazionale under 17. Il giocatore potrebbe essere girato alla Sampdoria.
Google Translation:
Operation in perspective of the nerazzurri that, through the mediations of Mino Raiola in Brasi they, are concluding I engage it of Rincòn (19), to the century Carlos Eduardo de Castro Lourenço, polyvalent defender as soon as svincolato from the S.Paolo. Acquired from the Manchester United three years ago and lend as a result of the Sporting Lisbona, Rincon has been captain of national under the 17. The player could be turned to the Sampdoria.
From what I can gather from the pretty shoddy translation is that somehow Inter Milan have managed to sign him and will be loaning him out to Sampdoria. :confused:

Does anyone know anything about this?

If this is true, it's an indication of how paperwork is really interfering with our recruiting of youth from around the world. On the other hand, it could be some Italian rumours site with little substance.

Nevertheless, I find it quite astonishing that it is so hard to gather any current information on Rincon's whereabouts, or his activities over the past year. :annoyed:

KingEric7

Jon Paul said:
The new FM will tell us where he's gone to.
Aye. I heard rumours of him at Inter Milan which scares me. Doubt it though but like you say, FM will tell us.

Epic

Jon Paul said:
The new FM will tell us where he's gone to.
Don't count on it. Last version still has Arthur Gomez, who was released IRL, in our books.

Jacob

It just fecking amazes me, how I can't find a pic of this fella.

M160RA

It seems like Rincon has somehow ended up at Empoli and is no longer on our books:

http://www.empolicalcio.it/interno.php?sez=23&id=3596
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,3033_1465070,00.html

It seems to me that somehow Inter were able to snap him up and then loan him out to Empoli.
It makes me wonder whether he was ever our player - the only reports of it that I saw came from sources such as MEN, and I don't think I ever saw it reported on the official website. Either way, I wonder if we enough made an effort to try and keep him on our books.
Weird...

oskarutd

M160RA said:
It seems like Rincon has somehow ended up at Empoli and is no longer on our books:

http://www.empolicalcio.it/interno.php?sez=23&id=3596
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,3033_1465070,00.html

It seems to me that somehow Inter were able to snap him up and then loan him out to Empoli.
It makes me wonder whether he was ever our player - the only reports of it that I saw came from sources such as MEN, and I don't think I ever saw it reported on the official website. Either way, I wonder if we enough made an effort to try and keep him on our books.
Weird...
He was ours. It was reported on SP ofiicial site. United don´t usually report these things on their official site. He didn´t want to go to Sporting last year so they must have decided to sell him or release him.

Mainoldo

oskarutd said:
He was ours. It was reported on SP ofiicial site. United don´t usually report these things on their official site. He didn´t want to go to Sporting last year so they must have decided to sell him or release him.
It's the wrong player, i think they have got mixed up detween Rincon and Maicon who plays for Inter and was playing for Brazil against Argie the other day!!!! i think

Gabe

Mainoldo said:
It's the wrong player, i think they have got mixed up detween Rincon and Maicon who plays for Inter and was playing for Brazil against Argie the other day!!!! i think
From the official Empoli site liked above;

dall'Inter Fc arriva ad Empoli con la formula del prestito con diritto di riscatto il calciatore brasiliano Carlos Eduardo Castro Lourenco Rincon, difensore centrale classe 1987.

That's him alright.

M160RA

That's definitely "our" Rincon who's just signed for Empoli on loan from Inter. I find it strange that nothing has been reported in England regarding this transfer.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Let's put this to bed finally.........

I spoke with a couple of the Youth Coaches tonight at Leyland......and people involved in ensuring that players arriving at the club settle in well......

No-one has heard of Rincon and when I went through some of the comments on this site about being loaned out etc.......they looked at me with blank faces and said they knew nothing about it.......no-one knows anything about a Rincon joining United

Apparently the Brazilian twins (Ferreira?) are the first two we have officially been interested in...........

So whatever newspaper talk has been the foundation of the Rincon story is just that........a 'story'.....

Hopefully we can let this one go now!

KingEric7

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's no one there..........

KingEric7

Rincon is not on the new FM. The demo at least. It is probably because i chose just English leagues. He isn't at United though that's for sure.

KingEric7

I have absolutely no idea. On the real FM, where you can have a bigger database, we will know who he plays for i suppose for sure.

dangercat

If you Google Rincon and Man Utd, it's mostly fecking Football Manager or Championship Manager sites that come up, the guy probably doesn't even exist, he's most likely been made up by some FM scout, as they do on those games :lol: