Rio - Q and A - a great insight to Man Utd

M Utd

All, I've watched this a few items before and thought I would share.
Enjoy!

M Utd

A couple more here too. I prefer the Rio one but the other are good.
RVN

VDS

M Utd

Hi, I asked this to be moved to the Man Utd Forum as those that have seen it have said they enjoyed it. The content is most Utd related rather than general football.
Enjoy. The Rio one in particular is well worth a watch!

IronTulip

Thanks for sharing. Only watched the Rio one so far. Really enjoyed it. 1 hour 15 mins and more entertaining then most movies these days!

Rio comes across very well. I think he would make a great coach.

M Utd

Thanks for sharing. Only watched the Rio one so far. Really enjoyed it. 1 hour 15 mins and more entertaining then most movies these days!

Rio comes across very well. I think he would make a great coach.
I find the interviewer quite annoying and I expect Rio feels the same way and really leads the discussion. Thanks for the message. I agree I've watched some shockers of films recently and this is a much better use of my time.

El Presidente

I’ve always admired Rio. Top guy.

Can you imagine that dressing room stacked with those characters? Rio, Vidic, Keane, Cristiano, Rooney .. those players had standards. If you weren’t up to it, get out. Stone cold mentality, pure champions. A team that never accepted to be second.

Compare that to the mediocrity on every level of the club for the past years and you’ll find the problem with Man United.

We had Rio and Vida. Then Smalling and Jones happened.

R77

These are indeed good. The Rio one's the best. Comes across very well. Outside of United, there's a Harry Redknapp one, which is mildly amusing as he gets asked about his reputation as a transfer don, and reels off a tale or two. Also recommend the Clarence Seedorf session. Surprising amount of football people on there. Even Tony Pulis!

M Utd

These are indeed good. The Rio one's the best. Comes across very well. Outside of United, there's a Harry Redknapp one, which is mildly amusing as he gets asked about his reputation as a transfer don, and reels off a tale or two. Also recommend the Clarence Seedorf session. Surprising amount of football people on there. Even Tony Pulis!
Glad you enjoyed them. I'll certainly check out the others you suggested.

beedoubleyou

I’ve always admired Rio. Top guy.

Can you imagine that dressing room stacked with those characters? Rio, Vidic, Keane, Cristiano, Rooney .. those players had standards. If you weren’t up to it, get out. Stone cold mentality, pure champions. A team that never accepted to be second.

Compare that to the mediocrity on every level of the club for the past years and you’ll find the problem with Man United.

We had Rio and Vida. Then Smalling and Jones happened.
yeah, when Rio and Carrick were at the peak of their powers, people were still banging on about signing "a Roy Keane".

Smalling and Jones are both very good players, one crippled by injuries, the other never privileged enough to ever have someone by their side long enough to ever form a solid partnership.

Neither were ever defending for a side at the level of the ones they'll be compared to.

But y'know, we're Manchester United fans, we can chuck hard working, long serving players under the bus, but we'll be damned if a manager ever does,

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

M Utd

I was at the Rio, VDS and RVN talks and met van nistelrooy before he spoke!
Nice. How were seats allocated at the events? I assume there might have been more people wanting to be a part of the audience and seats?

OldTrevil

Great stuff. Rio should have a go at management, not only was he an excellent cerebral player who read the game perfectly, he would also be a great motivator.

M Utd

I've watched all these again and they are all so different in many ways.

Interesting though they all picked Scholes as their best player (VDS had to pick a 5 a side team but named Scholes in his team).

RedDevil@84

I found the RVN interview quite boring. He is a man of little words I guess.
Rio is good of course in putting it all into words.

Need to watch the VDS one.

M Utd

I found the RVN interview quite boring. He is a man of little words I guess.
Rio is good of course in putting it all into words.

Need to watch the VDS one.
I find them all interesting for different reasons.

Rio is the most Utd focused speaker. VDS probably the least. He does share how decisions are made at Ajax between a core of ex players. It's an interesting idea and a different take to the DOF role.

RadamelFalcon

Nice. How were seats allocated at the events? I assume there might have been more people wanting to be a part of the audience and seats?
Basically you just go in and sit down. You need to be an Oxford Union member though. Depending on interest they either have the event in a smaller room (the library) or a big room (the chamber).