RIP Tom Clare

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Had many a lengthy exchange with Tom over the last 20 years on a couple of sites (I think my first on here was when I was searching for extensive insights on Duncan Edwards), until he stopped posting. Educated me a lot, cleared a few things up, was also willing to listen to a young upstart air his views and respond in kind.

Always had patience, wrote extremely well and was a sponge for more information despite being a veritable oracle on United matters.

Showed there's always a correct way to conduct yourself no matter your standing.

Had no idea about his struggles with that horrid disease.

RIP, Tom!

A true ambassador for the club.

Hoof the ball

RIP Tom.

What was Tom's username round these here parts? I probably was entertained and informed by many of his posts without really knowing it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's Tomclare.

Wittmann45

He wrote a number of posts on here leading up to the 50th anniversary of Munich. That really was a magical year for United fans and all of it was amplified by Tom's posts about the Busby Babes.

Really personal stories and incredibly informative.

decorativeed

Sad news.

I worked with Tom on a couple of his books and helped organise the event where the second photo on the link was taken. He was always kind, willing to chat about anything Manchester/United related and incredibly knowledgeable when he spoke about either or both.

Spending that day with him and Wilf MfGuinness is something I'll always remember fondly.

Rip Tom.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Sad news - a fountain of knowledge on the history of the club

Muninman

Very sad news. I often came across Tom's posts when conducting internet searches on a particular player or game, etc. In fact he was one of the reasons I decided to stop lurking and join the site. I wondered why he stopped posting in 2012 but an internet search revealed that he had been ill for a long time, so not unexpected but sad all the same. I may well search for his books.

Yorke to Cole

Very sad news. My condolences to his family, friends and all those that knew him. May he rest in peace.

Moriarty

We communicated here.
He was kind enough to sign his book. Forever A Babe.

May his soul Rest In Peace.
I never met him in person but exchanged messages with him on this site and the odd email mail. We had a fairly robust exchange about the early days of Tommy Doc but it was never fractious. RIP Tom.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
RiP Tom. We've lost an encyclopedic knowledge of our club. A very well known and respected Red.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Just learning of this now. Rest in peace and condolences to his family. He really made me feel a part of the United Family.

As he wrote in my copy of Forever a Babe "Keep the faith".

Alex B

RIP Tom :( Just read through some of his posts, so knowledgeable and dedicated.

Has got me wondering about other posters on here over the years sadly

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
RIP. Had a few interactions with him on here (he even helped out with the “Man .U” thread) and he was an utter gent, and it goes without saying a hugely knowledgable fan.

Pouring one out (drinking a coke from the bottle)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oh man only just seen this, what a shame, an absolute legend of a United fan and a true gent, his input to the forum and to United culture in general will be missed.

RIP Tom.