Risk

Kinky Melinky

Just played a game of it. Started playing about 4pm this evening. I forgot just how good the game is. I won, destroying my missus in the process

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I preferred the more manly route of picking up large spoons and strapping saucepans ontop of your head and waging a kitchen war rather than playing risk.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I love Risk, but unfortunately I haven't got many opportunities to play it these days. I do play on ConquerClub though, which is an online Risk site (basically, though for legal reasons they can't actually use those words. They even had to remove the Classic map graphics). Anyone can sign up and play games, though unless you buy Premium you can only play in 4 games, and you can't make private games (you could have someone with Premium make the private game, give you the password, have at least one of you join it, and then he could leave it.. I think :p)

My account is niMic there too.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've got the Lord of the Rings version. I've never played it because no fecker will ever play it with me.

It is at the geekier end of board games though to be fair.

OleBoiii

I've been playing Risk: Global Domination on Steam recently. It's a lot of fun and the rounds are surprisingly short. I reckon the average game with 4 players lasts less than 1 hour. If you play against the computer you're done in 20 minutes.

I'm starting to prefer the computer over other players. People are too frustrating. Cheating(playing with multiple accounts or co-operating) is not all that uncommon. And then you have the idiots who keep attacking you for no reason while the 2 other players are allowed to expand their armies unchallenged. Not to mention the players who know they are about to lose and just pick a random player to ruin things for.

Rant aside: if you want a fun game(against the computer) that's usually is over in 20 minutes, then I recommend it. It's free on Steam:)