Rivals Draft QF - Isotope vs Sjor

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

TEAM ISOTOPE

A hybrid 4-4-2 with hardworking but creative midfielders and exquisite attack. The rapid and deadly Bayern’s legend in Elber and Arsenal’s legend in Bergkamp are leading the attack. Jose Augusto, the Benfica’s legend winger would penetrate through the right. Mimicking his Ranger’s role, van Bronckhorst would either running down the left wing, or support midfield when Soren Lerby or Igor Netto going forward.

Players Profile

Giovane Elber: 6 seasons as Bayern’s main striker in 1997-2003, United fans would remember how strong Bayern in that era. He had become renowned as Bayern’s biggest threat and one of the most complete strikers of his era.

Others
José Augusto
: Scoring 113 goals in 246 games with Benfica. 8 League title with Benfica, and 2 CL.

Branko Stanković: one of the most elegant defense players of his time. Because of his playing style, he earned his nickname Ambassador. He was strong, fast and very brave player, also a good header.
Champion of Yugoslavia in 1951, 1953, 1956 and 1957 (Red Star of Belgrade)
Vice-champion of Yugoslavia in 1949, 1950 and 1952 (Red Star of Belgrade)
Winner of the Yugoslav Cup in 1948, 1949, 1950 and 1958 (Red Star Belgrade)
Finalist of the Yugoslav Cup in 1952 and 1954 (Red Star of Belgrade)

TEAM SJOR

Diogo Costa
Destined for a top club after already impressive Porto "career" where he caught the eye of a lot of top teams. Had an early Porto pick so could have pretty much pick anyone(likes of Deco and co.) but he was the only chance in the overall pool to getting a proper progressive modern keeper that is able to sweep if needed as well as play from the back. His long passing is also spectacular so a long pass towards the front 3 is a great asset to have.

Dragan Holcer
Easily the best defender in Hajduk Split history, one of the main reasons why was Hajduk so successful in then a insanely tough league(most likely one of the best in europe) that went across the whole Yugoslavia. Started as a left winger, early on moved to a centerback position and he never looked back, occasional fullback stand in so would be very comfortable if and when the team forms a back 3 with Zajec dropping back.

Luis Pereira
Before Thiago Silva emerged, he was the guy in Brazil when it came to the centerback position and his whole peak was at Palmeiras, no surprise team dominated during his reign.

Velimir Zajec
In croatia, he is probably the guy after the likes of Modric, Boban and Prosinecki. In his time often compared to Beckenbauer because of style of play and positional versatility considering he played from sweeper to n10 with ease.
Game vs Ruud Gullit and co. - not the best on the ball(which was surprise at the time considering that was his major strength) but you can see tactical intelligence and a good footballing brain. Drops back whenever it needed, stays back when someone else pushes up etc. Passing was erratic as feck but still created a good amount for his team, also after watching 2 games of the same team and seeing everyone else in that team how they use the ball, you could easily attribute that to the team tactics.
Game against Linfield in the next round of the European Cup, you can see a bit more of him on the ball here.

Phillipp Lahm
Perfect fullback.

Yuri Zhirkov
Now this is someone i watched a fair bit, absolutely spectacular player for CSKA. Would have a lot of freedom to do his magic on the wing with Zajec and Mackay in the team next to him.

Dave Mackay
Pretty familiar face in draft circles, fantastic defensive wise and importantly - quite good on the ball. Provides fantastic balance to the side as other get a bit more freedom to play with him holding the midfield - similar to Casemiro.

Gazza
Gazza at his absolute best, here you have a game of him in the similar role to this one.

Enzo Francescoli
One of the greatest players in River Plate history, has the freedom to switch around from n10 to a striker position as he wants with 2 great team players that provide energy, pace, of the ball game and are not selfish. Should shine in the role and around Pedja and Weah.

Predrag Mijatovic
Sensational footballer, if i find the time and if there is anything on footballia from the Partizan days i will make at least one compilation from that era regardless of this draft. He had it all, played all over the place for Partizan and pretty much single handedly dragged them to league and cup title while being crowned the Yugoslavia best player 2 seasons in a row

George Weah
At his absolute best at PSG, won Balon d'Or while there.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
cheers, i really like yours too apart from pepe and right wing who i just have no clue who he is.

bergkamp and elber look lovely together, loved elber when i was younger...one of those forgotten players :(

btw just a question about @Gio , what club version is he and did he play anything remotely like this? If and when he joins midfield, he like Netto and Lerby prefers that left side of the pitch. Unlike some in previous game, have no issue with Netto and Lerby as they offer completely different things.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
cheers, i really like yours too apart from pepe and right wing who i just have no clue who he is.

bergkamp and elber look lovely together, loved elber when i was younger...one of those forgotten players :(

btw just a question about @Gio , what club version is he and did he play anything remotely like this? If and when he joins midfield, he like Netto and Lerby prefers that left side of the pitch. Unlike some in previous game, have no issue with Netto and Lerby as they offer completely different things.
Yes, Iso’s use here is similar in style to where he played for Rangers. Advocaat either played a 442 with Van Bronckhorst usually CM (but LM when Albertz wasn’t available and he could choose from Ferguson, Tugay, Gattuso or Reyna in the middle) or a 4312 with him as the LCM. For example here is Advocaat’s own teamsheet for a game early in his reign away to Dundee United:

Šjor Bepo

Yes, Iso’s use here is similar in style to where he played for Rangers. Advocaat either played a 442 with Van Bronckhorst usually CM (but LM when Albertz wasn’t available and he could choose from Ferguson, Tugay, Gattuso or Reyna in the middle) or a 4312 with him as the LCM. For example here is Advocaat’s own teamsheet for a game early in his reign away to Dundee United:

cheers gio! never saw him play in that role but can see him performing well :)

Šjor Bepo

:lol: anyway. COngrats @Šjor Bepo. I don't know much some of your players, but you have a strong core there.
now its over :D
good team, good game and once again thanks for reminding me of elber...i liked bayern when i was a kid so him and scholl were one of the favorites of mine.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
now its over :D
good team, good game and once again thanks for reminding me of elber...i liked bayern when i was a kid so him and scholl were one of the favorites of mine.
Yeah. Bayern, Juve, and United were top dogs at that late 90's. My old man (who's a neutral) really like them, so we watched lots of their games. They were physical, efficient, and played with confidence.