Robin van Persie - Back in Training

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Expect to return to this thread in 2041 and still see Jonny Evans in training.

mu4c_20le

Thank goodness, with Martial out and no january signings, we need him back asap.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
How I wish we had a player like RVP. We'd bloody win the league with his left foot alone.

FerociousCorgis

id take him as a super sub still considering the rest of our CF options after hojlund probably haha.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
How I wish we had a player like RVP. We'd bloody win the league with his left foot alone.
agreed. a severed foot on the pitch would be a stark warning to opposition teams. “if we’re doing that to our own, imagine what we’ll do to you.” they’d be beaten before then even stepped foot on the pitch.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
More jobs for the boys
Just kidding, glad to have him back. Hope he becomes a great coach.

sleepehead

You can see Harry Amass too, maybe he'll make an appearance by the end of the year. We need another fullback so not a big surprise especially since he's been doing great at U18s

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Hot take(maybe not): had he not been so injury prone he would be among the greatest players of a generation. He probably still is anyway - but he d be much higher up in many lists. One of the most exciting and arguably unique players I've watched in my lifetime. He contributed so much more than just goals. Probably should have been converted to a CF much of earlier in his career.

His flying header at the WC and volley against Villa alone will rank among the greatest goals of all time for a long time imho.

I miss that man.

Last edited:

Revaulx

Hot take(maybe not): had he not been so injury prone he would be among the greatest players of a generation. He probably still is anyway - but he d be much higher up in many lists. One of the most exciting and arguably unique players I've watched in my lifetime. He contributed so much more than just goals. Probably should have been converted to a CF much of earlier in his career.

His flying header at the WC and volley against Villa alone will rank among the greatest goals of all time for a long time imho.

I miss that man.
Sod the goals. We could do with his defending at set pieces.

Lost bear

agreed. a severed foot on the pitch would be a stark warning to opposition teams. “if we’re doing that to our own, imagine what we’ll do to you.” they’d be beaten before then even stepped foot on the pitch.
RVP’s left foot- the new horse’s head in your bed.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Looks like he's stood around doing feck all. That's what the club are putting out? What the point of it?
He actually went to eat at Mr. Wing. The PR team head saw it and immediately forced him into training for PR purposes. So he had no preparation at all hence standing around like he's a more handsome version of Mike Phelan.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I miss that man.
Me too, adored RvP. Three goals for Arsenal stand out too, volleys v Everton & Charlton were just :drool: and then a free kick one time v Spur (I think).Loved that we had him even for as short as it was, dragged us to that league title.