Film Robocop v Terminator 2 v Total Recall

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Terminator 2 by a mile. The T-1000 is the ultimate bad guy. And Arnold well, we will never say his like again.

Wish he'd fecking stop though, he's a million years old

Three classic 80s/90s action films. But only one is a true classic outside of the genre, that’s T2, magnificent film.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Much though I like RoboCop's upfront satire, the answer is T2.

Total Recall isn't near as good as either of the other two.

Adamsk7

T2 is one of the greatest action Sci-Fi movies of all time. The other two are good, with nostalgia playing a large part of that. If you watch all three now, it’s clear which one still holds up.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm going Robocop. I fecking love that film and there so many great lines. Love the mindless violence and gore for the hell of it. Coke and hookers, corporate scoundrels, crazy gang members, vapid newsreaders, it's definitely a better vision of the future than Cameron's.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I bet some of the effects on Total Recall might look a bit dodgy these days. I enjoyed all of them when they came out but T2 stands head and shoulders on top here.

I bet some of the effects on Total Recall might look a bit dodgy these days. I enjoyed all of them when they came out but T2 stands head and shoulders on top here.
there are effects in all three that look ropey.

Arnie dressed as a woman, and when the head came off is painful to watch.

Hoof the ball

This one is so difficult.

Robocop is, in its own right, a veritable masterpiece of its genre.

Robocop's budget was $10m
T2's budget was $100

Verhoeven had a choice between background (Blade Runner visuals) or costume. Without the budget it was one of the other, so, he chose the costume and had to improvise with setting and filming in order to portray a futuristic and gritty city that was falling apart. Verhoeven also managed to pull off the insane feat of filming Delta City in a fairly well known city (Dallas) and make it seem like a completely fictional city.
That alone is worthy of being factored into any argument. That Paul Verhoeven crafted a movie such as Robocop from a fraction of T2's budget it a testimony to his vision.
Robocop explores real, deep, often theological and complex concepts through seemingly simple characters, also.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Total Recall comes a distant third. Robocop one of my all time favourites but T2 is one of the greatest films period.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
This one is so difficult.

Robocop is, in its own right, a veritable masterpiece of its genre.

Robocop's budget was $10m
T2's budget was $100

Verhoeven had a choice between background (Blade Runner visuals) or costume. Without the budget it was one of the other, so, he chose the costume and had to improvise with setting and filming in order to portray a futuristic and gritty city that was falling apart. Verhoeven also managed to pull off the insane feat of filming Delta City in a fairly well known city (Dallas) and make it seem like a completely fictional city.
That alone is worthy of being factored into any argument. That Paul Verhoeven crafted a movie such as Robocop from a fraction of T2's budget it a testimony to his vision.
Robocop explores real, deep, often theological and complex concepts through seemingly simple characters, also.

I thought it was Houston? I've been to both and I reckon Houston is the better choice.

Barry Norman loved Robocop so that's another reason.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
T2.

Hoof the ball

I thought it was Houston? I've been to both and I reckon Houston is the better choice.

Barry Norman loved Robocop so that's another reason.
Dallas, with the exception of the warehouse scene at the end, which was filmed in Pittsburgh.

"Grinner made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake. I'm cashing you out, Grinner."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
T2 > T1 > Total Recall > Robocop

Threw T1 in there for kicks.

What's the best Sci-fi film of all time? Back to the Future, obviously.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Robocop's visuals haven't aged well, but that also goes in its favour from a nostalgic point of view. It looks charmingly shitty.

T2 still looks impressive even now, though it had a crazy budget for the time so it should be expected.

I prefer T2, but Robocop is great. I've somehow never seen Total Recall.

Deery

Dreary
You know what I don’t get about Predator is why did the Indian guy cut his chest then go and get killed?

Hoof the ball

Robocop's visuals haven't aged well, but that also goes in its favour from a nostalgic point of view. It looks charmingly shitty.

T2 still looks impressive even now, though it had a crazy budget for the time so it should be expected.

I prefer T2, but Robocop is great. I've somehow never seen Total Recall.
Robocop is made on 10% of the budget of T2 and around 1/5 of the budget of Total Recall. It's not an even playing field.

Hoof the ball

In my Fangoria magazine it definitely said Houston.
We went to Detroit and that didn't look like anything really. We went to Chicago and we didn’t find it there. Ultimately, we reduced our search to Houston and Dallas, and ultimately after discussing and going to both towns and returning, we felt that Dallas would give us more possibilities also to do, let’s say, streets that weren’t modernistic but that we could blow up [laughs] and we decided to do it in Dallas. The whole movie is shot in Dallas with the exception of the ending, the steel factory that was shot in Pittsburgh.

-Paul Verhoeven (Writer and Director)

Art Vandelay

They neither have a time machine nor get close to banging their own mum. Bttf is miles ahead.
BTTF doesn't have an angry woman in a power loader fighting a big alien. It also doesn't have pulse rifles nor people wondering if other people have ever been mistaken for a man.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Robocop transcends the genre by having something to say about crime and the media but, as a piece of entertainment, T2 shits on it. Total Recall wasn't even that good. If you'd said Aliens instead, it might've been closer!