Gaming Rocket League Revival Tournament - Sign Ups Open

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It's been almost a year since I last created a tournament, but I think we're overdue one now that we have cross-platform partying set up.

Format: Double-Elimination Knockout
The particular bracket format will depend on the number of players available. However, it will be a knockout tournament where 2 series losses knock you out. This will mean that the tournament will last longer, but at least everyone will play a decent number of games.

A typical series will be best of 5. However, finals (winners' final, losers' final, grand final) will be best of 7.

2 Winners This Tournament
This may surprise most, but given the lack of interest in 1v1's, this tournament will have 2 winners. There will be no set teams, however; players will be randomised into pairs for each round, and matches between pairs will be randomly decided.

Because we will have a winners' and losers' bracket in this tournament, a player in the winners' bracket will not be paired with a player in the losers' bracket. This will also be true of the grand final: the winning pair of the winners' bracket will face the winning pair of the losers' bracket.

Because people may have varying free time or come from different time zones, I may need to set up teams/matchups depending on when everyone is available. As a side note, however, 1 game typically lasts 7.5-8 minutes, so hopefully, we do not have too many scheduling issues.

I do encourage people to take screenshots of results for record-keeping purposes. I will look to collect stats for every player, and screenshots will massively help me with that. On occasions, I may host some of the series in this tournament to make this possible. I do encourage you to save replays as well in case you have some cool highlights to show off. :cool:

No Gaming Platform Restrictions
Because cross-platform partying/gameplay is possible, there are no restrictions on what you play Rocket League on. You can play on your Xbox, PC, PS4, or Switch; you shouldn't have any issues playing with anyone else.

Let's have some fun, and may the best 2 players win!

Entrants

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If you wish to participate, please sign up via the following format:

Platform:
Platform ID:
Availability:
Entrants
esmufc07
Platform: Xbox One
Platform ID: ShookethCargo
Availability: Most evenings, except probably a Saturday.
Heffo
Platform:
Platform ID:
Availability:
Twisted_Woody
Platform:
Platform ID:
Availability:

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Depending on the number of players participating, I may or may not enter this tournament. I would prefer to spend my time organising the tournament, but if we are low on players, I may step in and participate.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'd like to give this a go. I'm crap but it should be fun.

Platform: Xbox One
Platform ID: ShookethCargo
Availability: Most evenings, except probably a Saturday.

Heffo

Platform: PC
Platform ID: heffo001
Availability: Ideally evenings Monday to Thursday. Would probably have some availability over the weekend as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks we haven't had any more people sign up after the first 3. I may have to defer this tournament due to a lack of interest. I'll bring it up if more people are keen on playing.