Rodrigo Possebon

PS18

Manchester United are reported to have agreed a deal for Internacional youngster Rodrigo Possebon.

The 18-year-old midfielder is understood to have been watched by United for two years.

The Red Devils have now pushed through a deal for Possebon - who is looking forward to linking up with Anderson at Old Trafford.

“It is the fulfilment of a dream,” he told Zero Hora. “I go there to play with Anderson.”

Reports say the deal is worth 910,000 Brazilian reais (£240,000).
being reported pretty much everywhere at the moment. apparently he's a tough-tackling defensive midfielder, with his wikipedia page describing him as a similar player to Roy Keane(!). speaking to a couple of Brazilians on another forum, he's not particularly highly-rated over there and isn't in the first team picture at Internacional, but i guess for a quarter of a million it's not much of a gamble.

another Portuguese speaker as well - Queiroz, Ronnie, Anderson, Nani, this guy, apparently Tevez speaks it as well, plus Rafael and Fabio next summer. will be more commonly spoken than english at this rate.

Ekeke

Some idiots off this forum edited that information into the Wiki. Ignore it and go with your Brazilian friends.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Shit name.

No thanks.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Looked on the Internacional website and couldn't find anything about him at all......:confused:
I went on the website as well typed his name into the search engine part and there were a few news stories on him. But from what i could make out, he is just playing for Internacional B team. It was all in Portuguese though, couldn't change it to English.

PS18

Some idiots off this forum edited that information into the Wiki. Ignore it and go with your Brazilian friends.
i know some people added 'tackles like the legendary William Prunier' etc, but the Keane 'comparison' was there before the story broke i think.

Ekeke

Same. Like you said, he's a bit of a non entity... I'm sure our scouts saw something, but I doubt anyone else has... And I really don't think our scouts came home and updated wikipedia to make sure everyone knows that he's like Roy Keane.

Sounds much more likely that the idiots from here edited it in. I mean, he's Brazilian - He'd get compared to Dunga or someone instead of Keane.

kevg

The Wiki page said this yesterday:

"Rodrigo Pereira Possebom (born February 13, 1989 in Sapucaia do Sul, is a Brazilian Midfielder , currently playing for Sport Club Internacional.

A strong player, Possebom has a future contract with the English team Manchester United which will take place in July 2008."

The date updated was May. People got a bit creative after that :)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I hate it when idiots edit people Wiki page.