Roma Legend Daniele De Rossi hospitalised with COVID

Early reports saying he was having severe breathing issues, low oxygen levels etc.

Apparently he's asthmatic....and not 'plays for Jurgen Klopp asthmatic'.

Warrior of a player in his day.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hope he pulls through.

Covid is no joke.

A co-worker of mine got it just before Christmas. Fit guy, very healthy generally, former athlete on a fairly high level - but has some slight asthma issues.

Nearly died - it was touch and go for a while. Just couldn't take in enough oxygen, relied on respirator treatment for days.

He recovered, thankfully - but he's still very weak. In his own words, he feels like an 80 year old man (he's not even half that age) - gets absolutely knackered from going to the store and back, etc.

Again - no joke (to those who still think this is some kind of normal flu variation).

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Hope he pulls through.

Covid is no joke.

A co-worker of mine got it just before Christmas. Fit guy, very healthy generally, former athlete on a fairly high level - but has some slight asthma issues.

Nearly died - it was touch and go for a while. Just couldn't take in enough oxygen, relied on respirator treatment for days.

He recovered, thankfully - but he's still very weak. In his own words, he feels like an 80 year old man (he's not even half that age) - gets absolutely knackered from going to the store and back, etc.

Again - no joke (to those who still think this is some kind of normal flu variation).
Meanwhile my neighbour who is 74 had COVID with some body pain but not much else (no temperature, no breathing problems).

She fully recovered and feels just the same like before COVID.

Goes to show that there's no general rule what you'll get once you've got it, you can only hope for the best.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Best wishes to him; tremendous player and inspiration for Roma, and someone we would've loved to have in our best sides.

Zlatattack

Legendary player for Roma. Hope he's OK. He was the guy young muppet me wanted to replace Keano. He was a one club man though (nearly).

FatTails

Wish him a quick recovery. Beast of a player. I would’ve (wrongly) assumed the asthma would impede someone from playing at such a high level but little do I know.