Rome wasn't built in a day

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rome was built.
It was then smashed into pieces in the space of a year.
I think Rome seems a stretch. Perhaps more Venice - looks impressive but overly expensive and built on very dodgy foundations!

TwoSheds

It will be Pompeii at this rate
I'm assuming someone talented is going to Photoshop Rangnick's head onto an erupting Vesuvius now with Herculaneum Maguire at the foot of it.

justsomebloke

I think Rome seems a stretch. Perhaps more Venice - looks impressive but overly expensive and built on very dodgy foundations!
Also, steadily and irretrievably sinking, mainly a testament to a glorious past long gone, few to none prospects for the future and extensively reliant on ripping off visitors.

Do we really want to stick with that metaphor? Or is it so true that we have to? :)

Last edited:

TwoSheds

Also, steadily and irretrievably sinking, mainly a testament to a glorious past long gone, few to none prospects for the future and extensively reliant on ripping off visitors.

Do we really want to stick with that metaphor? Or is it so true that we have to? :)
Wet, full of Chinese tourists and overly expensive hotels, and all the locals have to go elsewhere for entertainment now?

justsomebloke

Wet, full of Chinese tourists and overly expensive hotels, and all the locals have to go elsewhere for entertainment now?
On a brighter note, we're not newly promoted to Serie A, very close to Slovenia, the scene of a sickly novel by Thomas Mann and wildly overcrowded in July. I'll give us that.

TwoSheds

On a brighter note, we're not newly promoted to Serie A, very close to Slovenia, the scene of a sickly novel by Thomas Mann and wildly overcrowded in July. I'll give us that.
I would give you those I think yes.